1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

For sure. My friends get pissed off when I tell them there's no way to pre-order yet.

2. BlackTech

BlackTech Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pre-ordering could almost not be a better idea. It makes it so the entire team is working on the game often and also lets people would be buying later anyway get a discount to some degree.

3. Chronx6

Chronx6 Orbital Explorer

Pre-order is a great idea. I would say that for the people that are worried about a date getting the roadmap done and putting it up before or as you open pre-orders would be a good idea. As far as feed back past that...
    The tiers aren't a bad idea if it includes interesting things. Include the ability for us to buy a group pack for a slight discount if you can. Maybe a high tier that allows someone to design something in the game?
    As for payments I like using amazon for convenience but I don't know what all goes into using amazon payments. Just try to use a trusted well known system (humble isn't a bad one either) and I don't think it'll matter much.

4. Mepe ruse

Mepe ruse Void-Bound Voyager

As soon as i read "pre-order" i was nodding in agreement, then i read "direct download" & i was like YES PLOX :D

[​IMG]

5. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

We were trying to shower you guys with money for a while now. So yes, pre-orders would be nice. You know what they say, a good game comes from a happy developer, being able to stop any second jobs and work solely on the game you ove would help you guys make this a better game.

As for payment methods, not everyone has credit cards, paypal is a must in my opinion. Screen to screen transfer would be just great!

6. Sir Terrance

Sir Terrance Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I bought Minecraft in Alpha too, and I never once regreted it..!!

AngelusNox and zeroghost like this.
  7. FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm all for a preorder, not only did I buy Wanderlust to support this game but I did a giveaway of Wanderlust to support this game and Wanderlust, so I really wanna help out you guys as much as I possibly can. All those other perks are fantastic additions, and it's a good idea to include those to those less willing to get a preorder so you guys can have more widespread financial support earlier. The donation rewards are nice and it ensures you don't have a "pay to be real special in-game" kinda thing.

Leth likes this.
  8. Kaenim

Kaenim Orbital Explorer

I'm definitely on board for a pre-order (registered just to say so :cautious:).As far as tiers... anything that'd offer a soundtrack or art book would be what I'd go for, definitely. For me personally, I'm patient so saying the beta is just going to be released -at some point- in 2013 is fine with me.

Any thoughts on offering bundles that contain multiple copies at a discounted price?

Karamunin likes this.
  9. Tathar

Tathar Pangalactic Porcupine

I like this idea very much, as long as I have the option of paying more for extras, whatever they happen to be. The soundtrack is a must though, and I'd like to jump right into modding as soon as that's ready, so some sort of modding reference guidebook would be nice too. Of course, this stuff wouldn't have to be exclusive to pre-orders for me to buy them with a pre-order. You could offer these goodies post-release as a separate purchase too.

As for payment systems, I'd prefer using Paypal, but Google Checkout works too. I've never heard of BMT micro, which is why I'd be cautious about them.

Also, Steam just came out with an Early Access Games feature, which sounds like something you might want to make use of.

10. YashilG

YashilG Void-Bound Voyager

I have been ready to pre-order Starbound since I was born! Also I would imagine that Paypal is the most widespread form of payment, although I can see how making the credit card option available would be helpful.

11. SimonPip

SimonPip Orbital Explorer

Certainly sounds good. I am always wary about paying before the release, especially since the Project Zomboid debacle, but given what we have already seen, and that you intend to give us a road map for development, I feel comfortable buying in here. (Also, since your devs and sysadmins seem to be pretty darn competent, I'm going to guess your source control does not consist of two laptops)

Airborne likes this.
  12. halodragons

halodragons Void-Bound Voyager

yes i would love a preorder what about having one npc early tiy the god of starboard all he does is look cool on the space station but over player who didint preorder (don't know why they wouldn't in the first place) get him about one third in

13. Gnoll

Gnoll Void-Bound Voyager

Gimme gimme gimme gimme NOW. Please.

14. amh7912

amh7912 Big Damn Hero

I'll pay plenty for the preorder, I don't want you guys to be struggling just to make ends meet and come out with a game that you felt could have been better just cuz you couldn't afford to keep producing. Don't rush yourselves into anything, take as long as you need.

15. Other

Other Void-Bound Voyager

So long as there is a guarantee of a 2013 release date, I think preordering would only end up being a positive thing (assuming Chucklefish can keep up with the demands of customers who have paid yet have nothing to show for it, which might end up tricky as an indie dev... but I have confidence in you). I personally would support it (multiple times, as my friends will need copies too), but I'm not really a huge fan of PayPal. I'd prefer a more direct method of payment using my credit and/or debit card, maybe a service like... I think it was called UltimatePay? Sounds right. Might be something to check out.
    Now, since it's been stated you want to give the *whole* game to everyone, that really is going to restrict your ability to include extra goodies. Artbook, for a 16-bit-esque game? That's something I would like to see, I think... But, things like an OST, I can just usually rip the music, or worst comes to worst, record it in Audacity or such. It's not really a bonus, since it's already there. I think just knowing we're making it possible to get the game that much sooner is enough for most; thinking up bonuses just to entice people to do what they already want to (get the game faster) is redundant; offering a discount for multi-game packs would be enough, I think. But hey, think up some really cool bonuses and I'll change my tune. Just my two cents on that.
    Either way, good luck with it. Rooting for you, Chucklefish.

Airborne likes this.
  16. ThePhoenix

ThePhoenix Void-Bound Voyager

Preorders would be cool. Tier rewards: Soundtrack should be one.

17. Wryness

Wryness Master Chief

This.

Thelostmerc likes this.
  18. Zayev

Zayev Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!

19. Relkofizz

Relkofizz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think pre-order is a great idea,
    For non game content rewards, maybe free lore sheets?
    Time frame is fine as is IMO, vague release dates are sign of quality

20. Tower07

Tower07 Void-Bound Voyager

Did you really have to ask?
    I mean, haven't you heard all the people saying how much they want to pre-order?
    So, YES! We all do! :rofl:

AngelusNox likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.