1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Notice Your Feedback on a preorder

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gsop

Gsop Orbital Explorer

I would DEFINITELY preorder. I think this is a great idea, but I hope you release the beta when it is very close to complete, I don't want a beta that is no where near complete.

2. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

I'm fine with it, as long as the beta limits the game. No more than 10% of the game for me.
    As for tiers... umm... how about posters, signed copies, art work books, and maybe even a super secret thing involving the lore of Starbound? Things like that.

3. Biscuit Sawce

Biscuit Sawce Pangalactic Porcupine

Sounds great! Even better if you guys can let pre-order be on Steam :) My steam wallet has a lot of money in it, that is why.

WhiteMousse likes this.
  4. ThR

ThR Aquatic Astronaut

That's a great idea, can't wait to buy a dozen copy of this game

5. TFGoose

TFGoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As I mentioned in IRC Tiy, I think this sounds like a great plan. It gives us some benefit for paying early (reduced price, guaranteed beta access, faster development time) and allows all the developers to get something now for all their hard work thus far. That's pretty win-win if you ask me.

6. Samuel

Samuel Aquatic Astronaut

I think pre-ordering is a good idea but I think 2013 is a really big window of time. I have been following the development of this game for over a year now and deadlines isn't really your strong suit but I'd try to get that bèta deadline closer, it's only bèta people will forgive you for a not finished game.
    As for paying methods: try including something that allows people <18 to buy the game, they make up a lot of your audience, so don't make it paypal/credit card exclusive.

WhiteMousse likes this.
  7. Woodbin

Woodbin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My name is Woodbin and I approve this message.
    I'll gladly buy the beta asap! I won't mind any payment service as long as I can use PayPal (but HumbleStore would be nice since many people are familiar with it.)

8. Arcalane

Arcalane Pangalactic Porcupine

I believe this is the part where everybody says "shut up and [take our money/tell us where to sign] already". :giggle:

Seems pretty standard fare for a pre-order/beta deal, really. Only thing I can think of is 'be sure to have multiple payment services available' -- which is common sense, really -- because 1) there's going to be a lot of traffic, and 2) not every service covers every country for whatever reasons. Redundancy and wide support will be helpful.

nababoo likes this.
  9. Goofnik

Goofnik Aquatic Astronaut

>There are lots of payment services we could make use of, BMT micro, humble store, digital delivery or something else. Which would you prefer?

As many as you guys can comfortably offer. Direct (through a major processor), PayPal, Amazon Payments, Humble Store, Steam, etc. I'm all fine with. To be honest, having multiple aggregators for selling the game is more work, but is going to give you the most sales. Find the two or three that will give you the most bang for your buck, and that should minimize the number of cases where potential customers abandon the idea of a purchase.

>If we do tiers, what kind of rewards would you like to see?

1. A tier where I can buy multiple pre-orders, and so it is easy to share these extra copies with friends.
    2. Cosmetic items for pre-orders only is always a nice touch.

Airborne likes this.
  10. Ingwaz

Ingwaz Big Damn Hero

oooh, I really like the idea of naming a star in game.

I think even if it's "in 2013", you'd still see an excess of support for the game, and this would allow the team to work on this game full time, so hopefully it would be finished even earlier. Also, i've been holding on to 60-80$ to give to you guys. Let me give it to you.

11. Lomi

Lomi 2.7182818284590...

Steam is fine by me

12. Spacedino

Spacedino Ketchup Robot

I certanly want to support you, i'd like to pay with paypal or possibly amazon payments as long as it doesn't require a credit card.
    Also i would buy the shit out of those tiers. :up:

13. jacksnight

jacksnight Scruffy Nerf-Herder

DOOOO EEETTTT!!!!!! I would love to put some food on your tables!!!! And i have 10 other people who will be doing the same!!!!

I think the preorder then beta for steam is a great idea. As long as you guys do some type of CC payment I think it would all work out.

I would try to use what ever method charges you guys the least for the transactions and makes the game most easily available. Would it be cheaper to just do a preorder on steam for you guys? Steam might not let you do a preorder though without a release date.

Thank you guys for your dedication!!

Oh yeah and i wouldn't discount the preorder, just charge full price. We are getting a beta plus the full game, i wouldn't offer to much of a discount.

Hruse likes this.
  14. DatSquirtle

DatSquirtle Master Chief

Please do, I would love to help with paying you guys. PLEASE HAVE A SOUND TRACK THOUGH. Thanks

The Mute One and Breather like this.
  15. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

I'm wondering if you can bring your pre ordering to steam, since i can only pay with Steam Wallet funds :/

16. BearMCx

BearMCx Tentacle Wrangler

I'll Pre-Order! Make payment possible with Paypal please TT^TT

Airborne likes this.
  17. Nightweaver

Nightweaver Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd go for it, especially if it's on steam / with a steam key.

Airborne and Deathwolf66 like this.
  18. Rowah

Rowah Yeah, You!

Any way we can support this project and thus help you deliver is a win in my book. Pre-order which then ultimately ='s steam key is just ice on the cookie.

19. Jordan ross

Jordan ross Void-Bound Voyager

Pre-orders would be great if it helps out the development of the game. I would jump right on that to support you guys! I also like the 2-4 pack idea mentioned earlier.

With pre-orders I would just like you guys to keep updated with time lines and roadmaps so that we would know the progress of the product we paid for. Just transparency would be greatly appreciated.

Also the general date 2013 freaks me out because I'm picturing a December 31 release date :(

Jaguarkia and Airborne like this.
  20. Meridian99

Meridian99 Orbital Explorer

Great idea, the pre-order with steam key would be good. As for tiers, I think an encyclopedia of sorts would be great - something between an artbook and text about the lore and world of Starbound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.