Winches and pistons

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by bounding star, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Which ones?

1. Lifts

97.9%
  2. Horizontal and diagonal winches

93.8%
  3. Lifts on flying mounts

75.0%
  4. Ropes as well as cables

91.7%
  5. Cable cars and funiculars

89.6%
  1. bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

Winches would be awesome because you could have lifts and drawbridges and lift stuff into helicopters and up cliffs. You would have to have some sort of pivot for the drawbridge though. There could be rope to start off with that sometimes breaks and then chains and cables. You could change the speed. Maybe you could have cable cars and funicular railways. Cables and chains could be electrified if they are struck by lightning and you could have barbed wire and razor wire. Pistons could be like hydrolic rams and could be used to push large things like a rocket launching platform out of you roof. Pistons could also be similar to active and inactive stone blocks from terraria exept they would look way better.

I'm gonna try and get art for as much of this as I can but I'm not very good at pixel art so if anyone can help that would be great.

Here's one I did for pistons:http://community.playstarbound.com/...8/&temp_hash=3acdcb780863d71bf7d44bc91c47fc70

And here's one of the winch :http://community.playstarbound.com/...9/&temp_hash=47dd0a245823af257e081a6632dbf4da

Attached Files:

2. Shahab

Shahab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

voted all.

3. Sonic_BR

Sonic_BR Aquatic Astronaut

I support!
    Since the game will not have a generator worlds (I'm a bit clueless, I do not know if this is true), it would help fill the usual things mechanical!

4. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

ditto

bounding star likes this.
  5. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

Voted for everything except diagonal winches just because I think that would be tough to implement.

6. bounding star

But then you couldn't have drawbridges n stuff

7. Aldacre

Aldacre Void-Bound Voyager

He's not saying he doesn't want them, he's saying it'd be tough for the developers to program it in.

Voted all as well.

8. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, it'd be awesome but something hopefully released after we get our hands on a beta of some sort. I just want the game ASAP =P

9. bounding star

well it could be like grappling hooks in terraria.

10. bounding star

if you used it like a grappling hook, it could pull certain items and mobs towords you aswell as you to it

11. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

I voted everything too, don't want to leave anything out that's useful and most of all awesome. :DD

12. bounding star

13. bounding star

I made another thread and now had the idea that you could make a space elevator to your space station or to a moon.

14. Kilo

Kilo Pangalactic Porcupine

Voted all. If we had pistons, it would give us the ability to build a compressor/pump. Then we could put their awesome water physics to work! And winches and cablecars? Access to a base ONLY by tramcar? Heck yes, I want that. This is great!

15. bounding star

Updated for pistons.

16. Simplicity

Simplicity Astral Cartographer

Something like this would be a great feature and it would add more possibilities, I kind of as well as liking it, don't really want it, as much as others might want it but overall I think my "liking the idea" side is overpowering the "not wanting it" side so I'll say it's an average idea.
    I can think of all the creations and designs of housing and such with this implemented, maybe it will, we'll have to see whether the dev team think this is a good idea to have for such a quality game with great potential.

17. butters742

butters742 2.7182818284590...

HOW CAN YOU MAKE ME CHOOSE D: I WANT THEM ALL D: Oh wait.... I can choose them all :rofl:

18. Casimir VanKrieg

Casimir VanKrieg Zero Gravity Genie

Add valves and tubes to this pool. Should be enough to all the MARIOs wannabe to be happy.

19. bounding star

I think there's other threads to do with mechanical devices for liquid - I intended this one more for solids mechanical devices ;)

20. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

LOVE IT!