1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why im highly disapointed about the team from Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by leonD, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

(some words before, my mother langune is -NOT- english so im sorry should some words be wrong written or kinds like that. in case of im sorry about)

Hello people and all guys around. Im a good fan from games like Terarria, Minecraft and the (hopeful soon incoming) Cube World.

Im a happy "costumer" from Starbound. In fact i used this word coz i bough the game and wait for the beta...where i guess I can wait for a bit longer.

But why i used a topic title like this? I can easy explain this.

When was it you heard first about starbound? early 2012? Yea? I guess i can remember about it too. it was around 2012 and yea it was around the easter time i guess i heard about starbound first. At this time i thougt "holy g-sus! a new terarria is comming!" GLEE! HAPPY FACE! Stuff like that. Later, guess around October was it, i heard it comes out around X-mas! WOHO! HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! MOSTLY: ME! COZ I WILL SIT ON MY PC AND PLAY STARBOUND!! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!...i thought first.

But it should not be, the date was canceled and now it -should- come out "1Q 2013". After this years easter, it still was not in shops and it was canceled again. Not it means, and i hope it is true this time, that it comes out "2013" - when (exactly) is unknown.

But why i tell you guys now that at all? Again a question i can easy answer.

I thought about "okey, i guess they need time to build the new stuff and game." but after all, when i read things like that at 15th may they build the menu optic i asked myself "...that the fuck did the whole levelopened team made at the time from early 2012 till NOW!?"

I mean, when someone "said" the game comes out end of 2012 first, i think that a menu optic, map and character pystics should be DONE this time ALREADY. I mean, when i said that a game "comes" out end 2012 there should be good 80% done of the game when you read it october 2012! What does the levelopener team will tell US now when they post (nearly) every day a kind of "status of creation"??? Srs, When you guys said the game SHOULD come out end 2012 and its NOW 2013 summer, what the fuck ya did in the whole time? I KNOW how hard it is to create a game, i know how hard it is to build it all by itsself but even other games which say "we cant hold the release date" they have mostly a good reasons like bugs, story line, weapon and pysic problems and developener stuff. now i would like to know, what were YOUR reasons? It cant be stuff like that coz you -STILL- build it. Even games like "Cube world", the guys say they will build it in, 3 month later they SHOW it us (and it looks damn good).

I really wana enjoy starbound, i wana feel it and play it self, everytime to get news and stuff like "we build it a new HAT!" is not intresting and should be ALREADY done normaly if the game should come out x-mas 2012 and not 2013.

thats the reason why i am really highly disapointed from the creators of starbound.

i guess now some say "they dont give a shit about one person" but some people may thinks/thought the same like me. Now good a month or 2 ago the preorder starts and you can get a beta key for. People still wait and they see what comes out and what they build every day. Other people, like me, still wait for the last big terarria update. now i asks all people out there so not only the levelopener and creators from starbound:

could that not be all done already?

Think about it guys, i dont wana make up a rage topic but really, im really really highly disapointed...

Rhea, Johan, Sousuke Kuroda and 2 others like this.
  2. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

seen this a million times before. Beta will be out when its ready. Stop whining.

Blackleaf, Opfierce, viIe and 34 others like this.
  3. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

its not about the beta. its about the whole time. so read it and think about what i tell you up there. the beta is not the case of that right now

Johan likes this.
  4. Evangelion

Evangelion Supernova

TL;DR Version - Game is taking too long to make, rage rage rage.

5. V For Vendetta

V For Vendetta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, this is another rant thread about, "I bought this game, and I feel like I'm entitled to know the release date!" type of thing. I don't get why some people don't get the point of "It'll be out in 2013." It's a pretty easy concept, in my opinion. I would rather have it come out as a surprise, rather as a disappointment for it not being release when they predicted it would. Also, I wouldn't want this game to be rushed, just to fit the release date.

6. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

fine, the game will be out when its ready. The dev team are just people, they arent perfect and they make some mistakes. All they owe you is the game, when its finished.

7. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Existential Complex

What have they been making in that time? Perhaps Starbound? Games take time to make, and they are making this game pretty quickly, all things considered. TF2 took 9 years to make, and it's still major success today. Good games take more than a couple of months, especially when it comes to Indie games that are actually complex.

They've been giving us daily updates of what they've been doing, and Bartwe's been coding his ass off in streams. And what do you mean they're only talking about useless things in the updates? In the past week or so alone, we've seen and heard about mechs, intro comics, space travel, emoticons, universe generation, and so on. It's absolute nonsense to say that they haven't been giving us information.

I don't mean to seem hostile, but you seem quite hostile yourself. Keep in mind that no matter how much you rage in a forum post, you cannot speed up the development with insults. Calm down.

8. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

http://www.spellcheck.net/ Hello, let me introduce you to your new best friend.

Though seriously, don't forget that the staff couldn't even work on it full-time until very recently. Some of the staff members were working other jobs (and, if I remember correctly, sometimes two jobs) just to keep food on the table. That's what the pre-order was for; the game was never going to get released that way, which was why the date kept getting pushed back. You shouldn't get so angry over something the staff didn't have much control over until about a month or so ago. They're doing their best, and their progress after the whole pre-order business started has been nothing short of amazing. You just have to be patient for a little while longer.

9. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

guys quit bashing the OP
    if you don't have anything at least semi-nice to say, just get out of the thread and let it die. you replying is only keeping the post on the front page.

10. Cynical_Wolf

Cynical_Wolf Big Damn Hero

To be fair, the guy did say English wasn't his first language.

11. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

O, another one.
    [​IMG]

12. The Official date now is 2013, nothing more.
    Many games are delayed, even the big AAA titles can't accomplish their dates. The team now give us the date they are comfortable with, when they are ready to be more specific, I'll be waiting. :alien:

They delayed from 2012, because they wanted this game to be much better and complete than it was, and that is going to worth it in the end. ;)

13. Juxtor

Juxtor Phantasmal Quasar

My feeling is that there has been a HUGE amount of evolution that has taken place with the vision of what Starbound was going to be from back when a 2012 release date was mentioned to now. regardless of what specific reasons there might be to have delayed Starbound's release, it is ultimately irrelevant. Starbound development is moving forward at a nice pace. Features are being fine tuned. Content is being created and added. Tiy's team is working hard to make a vision into a working game that has a larger scope than most any other game ever conceived.

Don't be disappointed with the team. encourage them to strive to make Starbound everything it can be.

14. Beta_Nebula

Beta_Nebula Guest

I'm sorry, but I'm so sick of seeing this mentality lately. Telling someone they're wrong or that they need to calm down is not bashing. It's not a personal attack. It's just a statement. Granted, I actually have done some serious bashing on this fourm, but that only means I'm sure when I'm actually mad at someone and when I'm just trying to be helpful. I'm sure everyone's trying their hardest to be polite, especially considering the content of the original post.

People need to learn to accept that they're wrong without thinking everyone's out to get them.

15. ShadouWolf

ShadouWolf Void-Bound Voyager

Well OP I can understand what you mean since you main reason of being upset is they had to delay the game but sir it's a good thing thing they are delaying the game looks so much more better I would rather have a big beautiful looking game with many functions then the old less featured it was last year.

Terraria and minecraft are very small games (well minecraft is big now since its been updated plenty) those games only took less then a year to make so terraria i already saw everything in a week had to get mods to make it more fun :x

Also lastly the options was done OP but Tiy wanted it to be more polished more like they are updating it to fit the game it is now compared to a year ago

WoxandWarf likes this.
  16. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

I agree with you 100% I don't care how long it takes, I don't want Starbound rushed.

17. ZangooseSlash

Being delayed twice is quite rare, though.
    Also, the team has only given us a year.
    As far as announced release dates have gone, it's this
    Delayed->Delayed->2013
    The staff is "afraid" to even give us a quarter of the year of when the game is going to release. I think the OP has a somewhat valid reason to complain.

18. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

Tell me something you inconsiderate little twit, do you want a shoddy little game that's just another game in the world, something that we've seen with seen with countless other games... Or do you want the greatest game to have come out in years? Perhaps even greater than Terraria or Minecraft.
    Cause the developers are working their hardest to make that happen, and they (as well as me) want it to happen.
    Tiy has said that a beta will come out when it comes out, and I'm fine with that.
    Hell I think they've given us enough info as it is, as anymore could spoil the experience. I can understand that you want it to come out faster... but still, give them time, that's their best resource right now, perhaps even greater than money.

plasmaman2 and WoxandWarf like this.
  19. As I just edited,They delayed from 2012, because they wanted this game to be much better and complete than it was, and that is going to worth it in the end.
    They can't fail the 2013 date now, not with the Pre-Orders Up saying it's coming in 2013.

20. ZangooseSlash

I do understand how they want it to be better and more complete, but a beta is supposed to be for bug testing and such. A beta isn't supposed to fully display what the real game is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.