1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Are the Eyeguard?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Owl_Stalker, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Well that would be kinda lore-breaking considering they are a very common fruit which doesn't affect anyone in any way (at least in it's lore's current state).

I know it's a reference to some anime but I can't remember which, and to be honest there are dozens of animes which fit this description :p

2. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

Probably Illuminati. I'm pretty damn sure it's the freaking Illuminati.

There's no other logical explanation for all of this.

Serenity, Zebe, Feathery Dust and 3 others like this.
  3. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

There's a conspiracy! Why would those Eye plants be everywhere? Probably they're all watching us! The Tentaculans are the Illuminati, using those Oculemons as their eyes!

4. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

And then it turns out that their ultimate goal... is to have every single being with eyes... have a neat collection of sunglasses so that they can look up into the sky and not have their eyes irritated by the rays of the sun and other such things.

5. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Nah, most likely they were corupted while in the process of execution of the Self-Awareness Glitch, damaged beyond repair, or maybe they just know sumthin about those nice lil Outpost gates,filled with Tentacles?

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  6. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

:lod:
    Eye don't think they have any ties with the tentacles...
    They seem to worship the "Dread Lords".

7. ravenscroftranch

ravenscroftranch Industrial Terraformer

heck the tenticles and the eyes might be part of the same being some planet sized overlord ... ooo haveign the ships battle a planet sized boss as a end game boss :-O

Serenity and Hatsya Souji like this.
  8. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it just me, or are they wearing kimono parts?

9. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

They're wearing the avian owl armor.

Feathery Dust likes this.
  10. Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WHAT ARE YOU !?!

11. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Quack quack. That is all I have to say to you.

12. WolfWave

WolfWave Big Damn Hero

they are Illuminati and are here to steal our bacon and nutella.

13. Jack_Kéther

Jack_Kéther Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i dunno why you don't like me so mutch, i don't want to know keep your eye away from me i will stay with my tentacle and my cult

14. Hatsya Souji

What if those Dread Lords they're worshiping are Tentaculans?

15. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

What the cluck is a Tentaculan?

16. Hatsya Souji

Those Tentacles, I mean!

17. ravenscroftranch

ravenscroftranch Industrial Terraformer

@WolfWave stay back from my nuttela >growls<:mad:

18. Xisis007

Xisis007 Space Hobo

I don't think its the Glitch, their race is stuck in the Medieval ages and the Eyeguard appear to be a bit more advanced. They are usually found by towers right? Of supposed Glitch origin, but they are destroyed. Why would stick around? My theory is that maybe they have some sort of messed up relationship with the Glitch, whether or not they see them as gods, or are their enemies is up for debate. But the fact remains that they are doing something there, maybe waiting, maybe guarding. It's obvious they are trying to rid the universe of sentient races, and they speak of the "dread lords" as if they are gods. This is most definitely a cult, but how much legitimacy these Dread Lords hold will have to been seen later on. We can only make speculations at this point.

19. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Dread Lord... Doom Lord?

LethalShade likes this.
  20. Tomato Master

Tomato Master Noob Simulator 2014

Its simple: The Eyeguard are a peace loving group, and their only goal is to help travleers they come across. I mean, cmon guys how could you not figure this out.