1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which race to choose? Criteria, Variables, Wonderings.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bakubakuba, Oct 21, 2014.

1. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

fixed it for you :)

2. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

The only way this would be fixed is if he were a dinossaur riding medieval robot bounty hunter cowboy...

3. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

You say that like it's a bad thing...

4. BloodyFingers

Bad thing? No, nono my dear friend, quite the opposite.

If there is a way to mount any creature vaguely resembling a dinossaur I'll be a camper happier than a toddler on a chocolate factory! :)

Edit:
    You know what, screw humanity, if I can do this I'm voting Glitch as my favourite race...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
  5. Bakubakuba

Bakubakuba Subatomic Cosmonaut

I found a new thing to consider: Hurt noice.
    Each race does different sound when they get hurt and it's a noticable thing.
    Modding can change that but still worth noting. I'm opening my game now to listen to all of the hurt noices.

6. BloodyFingers

you sick, sick person...:lod:

7. Bakubakuba

Bakubakuba Subatomic Cosmonaut

@BloodyFingers Because there is no way to do a pool of poison yet, I had to walk to wild beasts and let each of my characters to be eaten [I also compared rebearth animations]. But that wasn't a good way to do it. The creatures sounds were blocking the sounds of agony, so I started to make my puppets jump of a tall building. Time, and time again. To collect enough data. That gave a satisfactionary readings of pain sounds. Mad scientists would be proud. Someone with your name should understand that :)

Hurt noice ranking:
    1. Apex, Human - Sounds like a hurt noice that is relatable and not annoying. Nice grunt.
    2. Floran - Weird sound that can be annoying but don't go to the foreground much.
    2.5 Glitch - Maby annoying but also not really relatebale or in the foreground.
    3. Avian, Hylotl - Too animalistic to not be creepy while being annoying at the same time.

So for now my favourite avian race can be annoying while suffering.
    Modding can change that, but vanilla Apex got some lead on that.

8. BloodyFingers

In space no one can hear you scream.

On Alpha sidonis 3774 however...

Edit: Despite the moniker I've adopted, I'm no more a mad scientist than I am a bloke who enjoys blasting a planet or two apart just for s**t and giggles...

Now, If Orbital bombing ever gets implemented in Starbound, and you see this here name running around on the planet, I would strongly suggest you to get the hell out of there...

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  9. Dreynguid

Dreynguid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really love your experiments X)
    What next ? =p

10. Treldent02

Treldent02 Orbital Explorer

Avians, aside from the whole religion thing, (Kluex n' stuff) I love the whole designs of them, like they're powers sources being crystals, and, they're pistols are awesome, (They're more like uzi's)

11. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

Well, humans are clearly the superior race.

But in all seriousness, if you like Floran, but love other races ships and armor, you can make a Floran, swap your ship file for an Avian ship file, then just get Apex or Glitch recipes from vendors.

SneakyBox likes this.
  12. B-b-banjo

B-b-banjo Master Chief

I'm weird. I play as a human but try to find blueprints for Avian armor everywhere I go so that maybe if I wear it they'll accept me as one of their own... =\

I also play as the opposite gender, always have. Not for the reasons you might think (no judgement tho) I just like that video games let you be someone else...;;

13. Kleptom

Kleptom Space Hobo

apex cause FRICKIN REBEL MONKEY PEOPLE WITH BEST ARMOR, LORE, AND HAVE BEST BOSS FIGHT (seriously guys, a computer program monkey with turrets) i also love novakid :nuruhype::monkey::proper: