1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Where Do You Find A...?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bonabopn, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

I believe the person's referring to Stone biomes on Snow Worlds (Moderate threat, Eccentric Star) - the same rocky cliffs you find Stone Chests, and Sword Stones.

Those aren't Snow worlds. Those are Ice worlds (Dangerous threat, Frozen Star). Understandable that you'd get them confused - in terms of climate, they're very similar, it's just one requires you to have the Cold Nanosuit and they have different sub-biomes.

2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Ah. Thanks. Also, where would I find healing water? I believe it's in the desert, but I'm not sure.

3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Last time I checked you could find healing water on desert planets (and possibly others, not 100% sure on that).

Nerva and The Squid like this.
  4. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Just answered this on reddit, will cross post here:

It spawns only on Desert planets like this one, around Gentle stars. It does not spawn on Arid planets, which are around Eccentric stars..

You can check for yourself if you have the game assets unpacked. In the terrestrial_worlds.config file these are those 2 planets:
    • Desert sub biomes - Oasis, Tar
    • Arid sub biomes - Colourful, Bones
    Notes: Oasis has the healing water. Arid is called Savannah in the code.

On average, I find an Oasis biome around once every 8 Desert planets. It is only on the surface. You will notice glowing healing water and green reed plants right away.

The Squid, Nerva and Tamorr like this.
  5. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

>not opening up the treasurepool files

do you even lift brah

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

No, i don't lift. Do it for me.

7. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

Then you aren't getting anything.

I'm not doing stuff for other people.

8. Nerva

:yoda: If contributing you are not, and need something you do not... I am wondering; why are you here?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  9. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Again, this thread is for finding out what things spawn in which places, not for specific planets.
    There is a thread for coordinates here, but remember to tell them which planet it is!

10. janovick

janovick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WHERE DO I FIND KIWI SEEDS? :mad::mad::mad:

/notallincaps

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  11. Xeno8980

Xeno8980 Aquatic Astronaut

I need to find a USCM Base with a chef spawner, I really want one for a cafeteria I'm making inside my ship

12. Nerva

Kiwi... try looking for reed oasis biomes on desert worlds (Gentle Star), or rainbow wood forest biomes on arid worlds (Eccentric Star). Pretty sure I found kiwis growing in one of those two. In a pinch, raiding Apex towns and killing the locals might turn up a couple seeds.

13. Xeno8980

I just found kiwi seeds in a Glitch village on a desert planet. I'll get the coordinates when I'm done looting the place.

EDIT: Done looting. X: 77749230 Y: -757875788
    Beta Algorab 07 V a
    Desert planet with sun and sandstorms.
    When you spawn, there should be a chest to your right. Head to the right and you will encounter several ponds of healing water, and after that, an Avian village. If you go to your left, you will encounter a Glitch village. The kiwi seeds are located within a chest in a small house on the second floor.
    [​IMG]
    The cursor is pointing to the chest where it is located.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  14. Nerva

Fair warning - containers inside structures may be randomized. I know they used to be.

15. janovick

I've searched probably 10-20 desert planets in a row. It's the 4th system I search by now...

16. janovick

Finally I found kiwi in a desert planet.

....inside a chest.

The Squid likes this.
  17. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Are you sure the coords are right? I've checked every desert planet both in that system and the surrounding ones and haven't found anything (except healing water!)

18. Xeno8980

It's possible we're on different systems (I'm on windows 7 32bit) and that could be causing the problem.

19. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

That's it. I'm on a Mac. Ah well, my search continues. I did find an Avian village though.
    Also, bone swords and bone pistols can be found in Bone biomes.

20. janovick

Last crop required is crystal plant... where do I find them? :(