1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Where Do You Find A...?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Bonabopn, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Torterenek

Torterenek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

that is what i was afraid of. i thought maybe they would be on the extremely hot planets, but i don't know. i know they were born from a sun, though.

The Squid likes this.
  2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Yeah. Maybe someday gas giants will be explorable and we'll find them.
    Anyway, back on topic...
    In Rainbow biomes (desert planets) you can find paintball gun blueprints, rainbow wood furniture blueprints, rainbow swords, and the rainbow tree mask.
    In boneyards, you can find throwing bones and the Apex Skull(mask).
    In giant flower biomes, you can find berry masks, strawberry and banana hats, and giant flower blue prints.
    Finally, in arid biomes, you can find hunting knife (vanity back piece) and a wierd type of hammer that shoots a weird exploding-poisonous-bug.

3. ScrubNiggurath

ScrubNiggurath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Where might one find wrecked furniture if it's at all possible to acquire through legitimate means? I absolutely love the look of old ruined stuff and would thoroughly enjoy sleeping on a rusted out bed with a bug infested, Hole filled box spring matress.

4. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

Check the Human prison for junk like that, and more.

5. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Wrecked or rusty platforms can be obtained in USCM prisons, if I remember right. There, you can also find mattresses that fit that bill as well, along with rusty vents, girders, and broken mirrors.

Other wrecked items, such as the wrecked monitor, console, boiler, etc. cannot be obtained legitimately to my knowledge.

6. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Like others mentioned the human prison for some of that stuff...

In Koala version the rest use to be found in asteroids in a small facilities, however from what I have read on the forum that was taken out of asteroids when they put it back into Giraffe. Unsure if they will add those facilities back to them, but that is where they were originally.

7. ScrubNiggurath

ScrubNiggurath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They BETTER add those sumbitches back, I loved abandoned astroid bases. :cc

Tamorr likes this.
  8. EthaneSlinger77

EthaneSlinger77 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You will find the Legend Blade in an Alpine biome on Snow planets. Also on Snow planets you will find glowing fibre. Alpine biomes also contain some good items in Rock chests, such as the Blizzard Blaster (a snowball gun) and the Boulder Staff.

Snow planets can be found around Eccentric Stars.

BTW, I posted coordinates for two U.S.C.M. Prisons in the Coordinates Megathread.

9. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i can't even find asteroid fields. where are they? s:

10. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

supposedly more rare than was before. Just have to look around. i have not seen one myself, but many claim they are there, just not so common as they use to be. Probably in the earlier systems... your guess is good as mine.:)

11. Teh Freek

They definitely exist. I've homed myself to one, mostly because I'm thinking about building a 10000-unit freefall.

12. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Something I will have to see for myself... Best way to know, but I never said they didn't, as I always deem the possibilities.:) Something to keep an eye out for.

Do they still have those mini-bases? That would be only reason i would even go to them to be honest, since suffocation isn't a thing at the moment... Regardless I am more on the lookout for a planet with koalas as the passive mob.:D As well being on a decent planet, so that might take a while.lol

13. Teh Freek

Nope. The mining base is still in the game assets, but is currently unused.

14. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well I knew they were in the assets... So they are not in the asteroids like they were in koala then? Well that stinks. There are not many assets they were deleted. I mean hylotl stuff is there for the most part unused... Anyway I wasn't asking if the resource was there, I was asking if it was obtainable in the place it was before.

well at least you indirectly answered. Thank you.:)

15. engiSonic

engiSonic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you can find tomatoes on forest planets too

16. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

This is very true.

I'm supposed to find a few things currently, two of those being an Avian-ship map, and a golden ducky from a temple...

I've been looking for these things for days (If not weeks.) now, still nothing. :/

Makes me wonder what kind of things I'll have to look for once the next set of missions come along. X D

17. Nerva

Golden Duckies can be found in avian villages as well as temples, sometimes tucked into cabinets or bookcases. The treasure map is only available in Avian Airships - look for an anchor resting against the ground.

Check the Upbeat Giraffe Coordinates Megathread, if you haven't already.

18. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Yes, but the point is, where do avian temples/villages/airships spawn? Do they spawn in specific biomes?

19. Nerva

Avian settlements seem to show up almost anywhere, but I find them most often on Snow/Ice worlds (Tombs, Airships), Desert/Arid worlds (Villages and Temples.)

Maybe someone with access to code and modding skill might be able to provide a more accurate answer.

20. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

What's an Alpine biome? All I can find on snow planets are ice cubes. This sounds fun.