1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's YOUR playstyle? Share with us!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Seria-Myouna, Jun 16, 2013.

1. Goldpork

Goldpork Zero Gravity Genie

1. Human, because I am one.
    2. Just be lazy
    3. I like to blow stuff up.
    4. I'm solo, bro.
    5. OVER 9000!
    6. I'm kinda passive, but I use melee and put in some strategy.
    7. I just wander around. I enjoy the desert biome the most.

2. ApSciLiara

ApSciLiara Void-Bound Voyager

I favour the asari from Starbound: Mass Effect Edition, myself :p
    Attempt to grind as much as possible to get the shinies, if I'm not sobbing in a hole because of meanie monsters.
    I like a combination of mining and exploring.
    I wish I could play with other people.
    [​IMG]
    I would prefer ranged, but it's a pain in the ass to get decent guns. And it's not me that's fighting the enemies, the enemies fight me.
    Spaceship base! Helps that mine's bigger than standard :p

3. Goldpork

Goldpork Zero Gravity Genie

Aww man! A mishapoclyspe person came to this forum

ApSciLiara likes this.
  4. ApSciLiara

ApSciLiara Void-Bound Voyager

Nah, I'm not a Mishapocalypse-ite (???). I just saw an opportunity and took it! I don't even watch Supernatural xD

5. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

nope chozo

6. Omegagrox

Omegagrox Void-Bound Voyager

1. What race are you going to play, and why? Do any of the races just not appeal to you at all?
    I LOVE the Avians, the back-story, the fwuffy cyootness of them!!! And as soon as the Novakids are out, I will make one with an Omega symbol on its head. Why? <- "Points at avatar."
    I think the Florans and Hylotl are awesome too, but the Apex, despite the nice back-story, are a little too similar to humans for me to get attached to them. Humans are Humans, nothing new there... My least favorite is the Glitch. I dont know, I just dont like robots...

2. What are your plans for your first character? Rush through to the highest danger levels? Be a peaceful farmer?
    Run through to Sector X, Mine, Pillage, find cool stuff, build and kill!

3. What do you like to do in the game? Is mining something that never gets boring to you? Are you a treasure hunter?
    I enjoy exploring new places and mining, I dont tend to go underground, but chests do tickle my fancy!

4. Are you going to play with other people? If so, with friends or on a big/small public server?
    I might go on a server occasionally, but mostly single-player. I like big servers as they have more people to share the experience with!

5. How many hours do you think you're going to play?
    So many hours will be, and have been, joyously wasted on this majestic game.

6. What combat style do you prefer? Melee, Ranged, etc. Will you fight every enemy you come across?
    Melee is preferred, but I like Ranged. I fight most enemies I see.

7. Are you going to have one "Main" base, multiple smaller bases or just wander around? What biome do you think you'll enjoy the most?
    My plan is to find a pretty triangular constellation and on one planet a Main base, and the others on the constellation to have smaller ones. I LOVE the Tentacle biome, the music is so damn catchy!

7. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

1. Novakids/Avali. They both are very interesting in terms of biology and the latter, culture
    2. A rogue. So KILL EVERYTHING.
    3. Mining gets repetitive. Looting? Never.
    4. Singleplayer, or Co-op with friends.
    5. As a person with a lot of free time - A lot.
    6. Ranged. MMN mod makes everything better!
    7. One hidden lunar base with a big cannon.

8. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

1. Avian here, the idea is unusual enough for me to be interesting
    2. Find a big non-forest planet, spend 9-12 hours at once carving up the resources, move on to the next.
    3. Right now I'm just delving to planet cores and slaughtering villages. :p
    4. No servers yet but I'm thinking about it.
    5. Probably too many. :p
    6. Melee, no shield. Hit things and kite them back, rinse, repeat until they cease to be a problem. If they start breathing things at me, build a bunker and snipe 'em. Normally I'm a sword and shield type but right now the two handed weapons appeal to me more.
    7. On this I'm torn. Right now in single player I just keep everything aboard ship, but on multiplayer I may make a planetside base...

9. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

1. Definitely Glitch. I've always loved robot races.
    2. I plan on grabbing as much stuff as possible, then taking it all and decorating with it.
    3. I'm a builder, I'm gonna make the most hardcore base anyone's ever seen.
    4. I'll probably play mostly alone, but when I play on a server, it'll be with close friends that won't grief my stuff.
    5. At least 20 hours a week, I've already logged about 60 hours in less than a month.
    6. I prefer to build elaborate traps and watch my enemies fall into them.
    7. One big base with several forward operations.

10. bnnk186

bnnk186 Space Spelunker

KNEEL BEFORE THE MINIKONG YOU WEAK ORGANISMS
    [​IMG]

11. Mae.

Mae. Void-Bound Voyager

1. Human, the origin story for them seems interesting. After that I'll go with the Avians, then the rest.
    2. I plan on plowing through the danger with as little gear as possible. Adventuring is the name of the game for me. Of course, I will prepare some things such as farms to support me, but I will not be decorating.
    3. Adventuring is lots of fun, even in Beta.
    4. I'll be playing on small servers with friends.
    5. 1~2 Hours at most.
    6. I prefer ranged combat with Sniper Rifles and Grenade Launchers, along with a hammer to one-shot or knock aggressive enemies away. Now, I put a melee item in slot 3, and two 2-handed guns in the L/R slots. Even though I play defensively, I do tend to have quite the bloodlust.
    7. One base on a safe world, probably a jungle planet. They seem to be the best source of plant fibers, so I'll rarely need to worry about getting bandages, also I can farm here. Jungles are beautiful, anyway.

12. chihirojones

chihirojones Aquatic Astronaut

1. What race are you going to play, and why?
    I started out playing an Avian, but then my Floran really grew on me (oh no unintentional horrible pun). As of now I've been playing Hylotl a lot but later on I'll probably just go completely Novakid when they come out.
    2. What are your plans for your first character?
    As of now I'm just trying to have my Hylotl find civilizations. For some reason they've been few and far in between for me so I've been making my own on every planet.
    3. What do you like to do in the game?
    Explore and adventure! And when I find the time customizing and building.
    4. Are you going to play with other people?
    I'd like to but it's hard for me to find a server I like! Not gonna lie though, solo isn't terrible for me either.
    [​IMG]
    6. What combat style do you prefer? Melee, Ranged, etc. Will you fight every enemy you come across?
    I've always been a melee type of person, and so far I've been loving how spears work. And if I can kill them quickly then, well. YES.
    7. Are you going to have one "Main" base, multiple smaller bases or just wander around? What biome do you think you'll enjoy the most?
    I like making lots of little houses that are each unique in their own right. As far as biomes go I love the aesthetic of the toxic biome but man if that poison doesn't kill me first.

13. DragonM

DragonM Astral Cartographer

1. What race are you going to play, and why? Do any of the races just not appeal to you at all?
    2. What are your plans for your first character? Rush through to the highest danger levels? Be a peaceful farmer?
    3. What do you like to do in the game? Is mining something that never gets boring to you? Are you a treasure hunter?
    4. Are you going to play with other people? If so, with friends or on a big/small public server?

8. What style of base will you create? Mining, Farming, Defensive. Storage or Cosplay?
    9. What do you dress like for exterior clothing?

1. Human because I always wondered what is was like to be one.
    2. I like to do a bit of everything.
    3. I like dark places so I go mining and travelling around at night.
    4. I play with several others on a pvp server.
    5. Will play as many hours as I can!
    6. I use an axe or hammer and assault rifle. I attack anything that shoots or swings or makes aggressive roaring noises.
    7. I have many bases as I explore everywhere in single player. I have one base on multiplayer.

8. My base is both for mining and farming.
    9. I try to just stick with whatever armor has the strongest dps resistance.

14. CrowScape

CrowScape Void-Bound Voyager

- Avian or Human.

- Gear up and crush all opposition. Then retire to the countryside.

Exploration and construction. Currently exploring to find the proper cooking station for an Avian kitchen.

Mostly solo.

I don't know. At least in the hundreds.

Normally a fan of ranged, but I'm finding the balance of weapons in the current game makes me favor melee. Not a bad thing; ranged still has its place. And I'll only fight those enemies that want to eat me. Oh, and any winged creature flying in a vacuum; dark magic those things have.

A single main base unless there is going to be some means to store multiple coordinates on the ship instead of having a single Home system. Biome will be dependent on how they interact with farming, but the main would be somewhere hospitable with a lack of natural disasters. I need some place to unwind after drilling through a volcanic core, after all.

15. Xyrov

Xyrov Tentacle Wrangler

The apex for their high tech ships and thieff/ranger based armor sets

I want to get the hang of the game, visit some other planets, find the right home.
    I would like to explore the planets, meet npcs
    I will be playing on a server with two or three other friends
    As many as humanely possible
    The support class, shoot from a distance while the tank aggros' the enemy
    I think a base on every planet would be nice.

16. Myifee

Myifee Guest

A
    vali, purely. Fell in love with these guys, and they have an amazing culture that values the same thing I do: Music! The other races aren't bad in the least bit, but... There's something about Avali. Won't play as anything else.

I'm a nomad. Go everywhere, explore, don't keep a home and pack-rat everything I think is interesting.

I like to mix it up. I'll mine for a while, and when I can no longer stand whacking at rocks I'll go hunt stuff. I also collect weird things.

I'll play in a big server whenever the inkling hits me, otherwise I prefer a small group of friends or solo.

I have over 650 hours in Terraria, and I don't see why Starbound will be any lower.

I try to cover all areas, but I prefer melee... At a distance. I don't like things getting close.

As before, just wander. Will build bases in an as-needed basis, but otherwise I don't like plonking down. Might change my mind if I find a planet with two Avali settlements.

17. Frostfall

Frostfall Big Damn Hero

1. What race are you going to play, and why?
    Hmm, I love my Floran and have been coming up with a back story for her.
    The race I like the most is a mod, the Avali. Both races are my main characters.

- Do any of the races just not appeal to you at all?
    Apex, I am not fond of non human great apes, probably due to the uncanny valley. I also do not like their brainwashed culture, big ape, general storyline. Perhaps that will change as more lore is released, but so far no interest in them and my Floran destroys all she finds.

All of the above! My Floran rushed to the highest danger levels (ninja mining!), has a large underground farm beneath her tree house, and is collecting every recipe and seed she can find.
    I had actually created an avian first as I love birds and like their story, but I found the talking with eyes (eye mouths?) animation to be creepy so switched to the Floran. I will probably start playing my avian quite a bit more if that animation is corrected or even stopped.

I love exploring and stumbling across interesting secrets hidden away. I enjoy building and creating bases but am holding off for the most part till more of that is implemented and I don't have to worry about universe regeneration. I do not like mining much although I do enjoy exploring caves. Holding down a mouse button for long periods of time to slowly chip through rock to explore further is rather boring.

Probably a bit of both.

Depends on what in all is implemented in the game. I already have over 300 hours as is :p

6. What combat style do you prefer? Melee, Ranged, etc.
    That also depends on the weapons available. If I can take something down fast before it gets to me, then ranged. If ranged is not particularly effective, then melee.

Will you fight every enemy you come across?
    Not really, I tend to only go after the aggressive ones, and Apex...

7. Are you going to have one "Main" base, multiple smaller bases or just wander around?
    Right now, one main base because that's all I can teleport to. The more locations I can teleport to, the more bases I will have with different themes in different biomes.

- What biome do you think you'll enjoy the most?
    So far I love grasslands with all of the flowers and a background that can look almost like ocean waves if it is blue. I'm also quite fond of forests and jungles and love worlds with a lot of (normal) rain and rainstorms.

SketchUpTWH likes this.
  18. Irishcalahan

Irishcalahan Aquatic Astronaut

1. What race are you going to play, and why? Do any of the races just not appeal to you at all? Novakid.
    2. What are your plans for your first character? Rush through to the highest danger levels? Be a peaceful farmer? Space Cowboy, Duh.
    3. What do you like to do in the game? Is mining something that never gets boring to you? Are you a treasure hunter? Go on treasure adventures.
    4. Are you going to play with other people? If so, with friends or on a big/small public server? My friends and myself.
    5. How many hours do you think you're going to play? I don't know, a lot.
    6. What combat style do you prefer? Melee, Ranged, etc. Will you fight every enemy you come across? Anything I can use as a weapon, I will fight lots of enemies and things.
    7. Are you going to have one "Main" base, multiple smaller bases or just wander around? What biome do you think you'll enjoy the most? My ship is my base, I will wander around.

19. Amradel

Amradel Orbital Explorer

Floran, being a crazy plant person that loves to eat meat is fun. X3 I don't really not like any of the races, they are all pretty cool, but if I had to choose then I would probably say Hylotl.

A bit of both. A bit more of taking it slowly though.

I think i'm more of a treasure hunter, and adventurer... I love to explore the planets.

I'm sure I will eventually, once I get bored of single player. It will probably be on a roleplay server, hopefully fairly big.

To many? xD

I prefer ranged, melee is ok, but I still prefer to use ranged weapons.

I will probably have a main base yes, and I think I like the jungle planets the best, the more jungley the better. ^^

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  20. The Lem

The Lem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. I played as (until I lost him) a Floran. I chose that race because I like their appearence and backstory. To be honest, Apexs don't appeal to me 'cause I don't like monkeys.....
    2. I just wander the universe, finding dungeons and living on my ship. I like to fight monsters and discover new planets.
    3. I like exploring and fighting monsters
    4. I have already started playing on @Dargona1018 's server with him. I prefer playing with only a few people.
    5. I don't generally play video games much, so I would say around 6hrs a week.
    6. I prefer using melee weapons. I will always attack any hostile creature I come across but leave neutral ones alone.
    7. I live on my ship and have no base. My favourite biomes are probably snow (I like cold weather....) and jungle biomes

Freddy likes this.