1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Favorite Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DialgaTheTimeLord, Feb 7, 2015.

1. ganessaroland

ganessaroland Pangalactic Porcupine

It depends on if you are talking about vanilla races or mod races. If mods and vanilla, then I would choose the neko race.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Probably the Apex. A race of intelligent apes is interesting in itself, but the 1984 theme makes it even better.

Avians also deserve a special mention, because intelligent birds.

3. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Heck, I'll just do a "best to worst" list since I'm really that bored. I'll be excluding humans since humans aren't
    exactly in the same general category being...you know...actually real, so there's bound to be a certain level of bias.

1# Avians - In case you can't tell by my avatar, my main character is in Avian. They just look so awesome and so adorable
    at the same time. 10/10 would hug. And the whole idea that they derive energy from a completely different source than all
    of the other races (crystal resonance) is pretty interesting.

2# Novakids - They're an entire race of cowboys. In space. Made out of the sun. 'Nuff said. Also, they're more or less the
    closest race to offering an overall different playstyle, being more gun-centric.

#3 Glitch - Hivemind medieval robots in space? Yes! Aside from the fact that they provide the devs with a good excuse to
    include a ton of medieval European decorations for the Zelda/DaD/General RPG nerd in us all, but they're just so darn amusing!
    Everything from their odd speech pattern to...well...being medieval robots. "Flirtation. Nice apparatus." How can you read a line
    like that and not fall in love with these guys?!

4# Apex - While it's somewhat tempting to judge them based on the Miniknog, that wouldn't exactly be fair. They're still
    an interesting race with some really cool looking tech and decorations. Also, while it might just be due to the popularity of
    movies like "Planet of the Apes", Apex seem like one of the more plausible races in the game since apes are already some
    of Earth's most generally intelligent animals.

5# Florans - I don't know, they just seem kind of overrated. They're utterly unscrupulous and violent and just seem
    like unpleasant creatures in general. I mean, would you REALLY, honestly want to hang around with people who
    decorate their houses with skulls on sticks and are constantly, and I mean CONSTANTLY, talking about ssstabbing you?

6# Hylotl - Not only are they filthy weeaboos who hate 'Merica and apple pie, but they're ridiculously conceited.
    They seem to consider themselves the only "cultured" race and constantl talk about how everyone needs their
    help while helping out as little as possible. They regard everyone as either primitive or misguided, never seeming
    to think that maybe, just MAYBE, their perfect lifestyle isn't also the perfect lifestyle for a species they found halfway
    across the galaxy. Some of the most disrespectful lines in the entire game come from their descriptions of various
    villager summoning beacons. "A human spawner. How delightfully useless." "I suppose a Glitch would suffice for
    menial labor."

Alsanu and Deathedge736 like this.
  4. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

I like Apex, Glitch, and Humans the most. Avians in the middle. Hylotl and florans at the bottom. I have no interest in the Novakid.

5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

My favorite races are Apex and Florans. I really, really, really, really hate Hylotls though. One time, one of my prisoners said to me, "I'm sorry you're oppressed and pathetic."

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  6. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

:rofl: Best prisoner ever, 11/10.

xNocturnalKittenX and The Squid like this.
  7. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

"And I'm sorry that you're oppressed and pathetic, too. Just not sorry enough to let you out of your cage."

MysticMalevolence and The Squid like this.
  8. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I actually did let him out of his cage... and put him in a fish tank.

9. Purple shawl

Purple shawl Tentacle Wrangler

whats with all these florans, im a green haired apex haha.. i kinda look like a floran i guess.

10. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

put the florans through a food processor and you get a salad.

11. Purple shawl

I might make another race along the lines but i had a question about these races, is this game like public / mmo aswell or something, cause i could see everyone light-roleplaying their character in such a platform :p Atm im not really sure if this game is just coop and singleplayer or more. (sorry for the tiny offtopicish)

12. xNocturnalKittenX

xNocturnalKittenX Void-Bound Voyager

I think my personal favorite are the Florans, but I'm growing fond of the Hylotl too, if not for their....lovely...personalities then for my friend's and I's mis-adventures as them.
    I also think Novakids are pretty cool, and I like the Glitch as a race but not sure if I'd actually play as em.
    I kinda have an aversion to primates so Apex are pretty "meh" to me and I play as human in every other standard game so why would I want to if you give me non-human options? :p

13. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

Avians are definitely my favourite, they're so cute and chirpy and stuff! If we can include mod/user-created races, the Oscura are my other favourite because they're super cool.

14. xNocturnalKittenX

xNocturnalKittenX Void-Bound Voyager

Oh goodness, I knew I was forgetting a race. Need more caffeine.
    I really love Avians, haha they're super cute. They're definitely up there with Florans for my favorite race.

15. Mizuki

Mizuki Subatomic Cosmonaut

I enjoy pretending it is really myself in the universe, so human is my favourite race in Starbound :) I like Avians too.

16. Purple shawl

so you're part bird irl? :)

17. Mizuki

Mizuki Subatomic Cosmonaut

:p In England I have been called a bird! Maybe the reason is my beak.

18. Purple shawl

Hmmm, im moreof a crab i think, i only come out with nice weather to swim and otherwise im under the sand.

19. DJ-Hyrul3

DJ-Hyrul3 Void-Bound Voyager

But...But

but Its the Hype Train

In soviet Starbound, Salad eat You

Last edited: Apr 19, 2015
  20. Hatesu

Hatesu Void-Bound Voyager

I love the Avians because they get wicked cool armor with all feathers and stuff plus they are cute and I'm a sucker for cute things.