1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Favorite Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DialgaTheTimeLord, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Serenity likes this.
  2. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

3. Gila

Gila Big Damn Hero

So you enjoy slaughtering helpless hylotl? Primitive scum...

4. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Maybe if those fish weren't so damn arrogant towards everyone, they might get a wee bit of sympathy.

CharBulbSquirt and TrueEdge like this.
  5. Grooverth

Grooverth Void-Bound Voyager

I really like the novakids. I love the Spaghetti Western theme and the way they see the universe. Also, their ship is awesome. As a trader, drive a space train full of wagons with boxes feels great.

6. Gila

Gila Big Damn Hero

Arrogant? I think you must be mistaken... :nope:

7. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

They can be pretty snooty. Use the N-key while playing a Hylotl and examine things sometimes. Especially other races' flags and furniture.

Zuvaii likes this.
  8. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Try playing as a Hytlotl and examining the structures and flags of other races, then listen to Glitch, Apex, and Avian NPCs in their villages (Floran villagers have the expected reaction). Hytlotl look down on other races in their own way, and upon examining a Hytlotl spawner, every race but the Hytlotl questions whether they should use the device.

9. SkeletonSteve

SkeletonSteve Master Chief

It's nova kids isn't it

10. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I like the Avian most I suppose, the Novakid are cool so they'd be second and the Floran are interesting because it would be something else to play as a Floran that isn't evil.....that's almost unthinkable....plus they're kind of cool if you can get over the fact they want to murder everything. Humans are ok but they're nothing special because you know.....human. That leaves the Glitch, Hylotl and Apex......I equally despise all of them....these are the races I can guarantee I will never play. Not cool, not cool at all. As an additional note: I despise all default ships.....but especially hate the Novakid train, Glitch castle on a boat and the Apex blob so those decrease my chances of playing those races......yes, even after I use mods to discard the default ships and build my own custom ships anyway.

So as it stands:

I will definitely play: Avian
    I will most likely play: Floran, Human
    I probably won't play: Novakid
    I will definitely never play: Glitch, Hylotl, Apex

11. Febilian

Febilian Cosmic Narwhal

I'm rather fond of Hylotl, especially regarding the lore. Their relatively peaceful "let's help everyone else with what we've learned" outlook on life kindles my interest.

Gila likes this.
  12. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Keep in mind, that's from their own arrogant perspective as a whole.

13. Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

Explain. After we Glitch gain the ability to sync our thought processing as one single entity, we shall exterminate all the obsolete things, as well as the ones that oppose the idea of unity. How else can things be conducted in a efficient and productive way?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    n1t3n likes this.
  14. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

This should be blindingly obvious.

15. Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

The answer is Glitch.

16. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

And that would be why.....crazy, psychotic, machine-logic. Sounds like I'll need to clean up a lot of bugs in the Glitch systems.

Vith likes this.
  17. Gila

Gila Big Damn Hero

No
    No
    Maybe

18. Tails_155

Tails_155 Intergalactic Tourist

I love the Hylotl, but they sure are... arrogant. =\

19. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

*choke*

20. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Well, it's hard to refute -that- kind of logic, so well, I'll just up and assume that you're some kind of fish-lover.

I said it before and I'll say it again: Floranmasterrace.