1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Favorite Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DialgaTheTimeLord, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Crypt_210

Crypt_210 Big Damn Hero

and this is why in every game i always pick humans.
    yes we are normal boring nothing to give us an advantage or disadvantage.
    but be damned the day i play a dirty stinking ape :p

XxCompl3xityxX likes this.
  2. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

You do know that humans are evolved from apes right? We do stink quite a lot as well unless we use artificial products to try and clean ourselves.

Besides, Floranmasterrace4life.

I feel dirty for having typed that last line.

3. Crypt_210

Crypt_210 Big Damn Hero

i don't actually remember seeing anywhere is the starbound lore that humans evolved from apes.
    as far as i can remember they evolved alongside apes that then became the apex.
    you can correct me if im wrong but we are going off starbound universe lore here.

ps my first character was an apex btw i hope you see the irony and sarcasm in all this

4. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm not sure but if I remember clearly the apex evolved from humans after playing with their own dna or something and became midget super scientists

5. FaSSel

FaSSel Void-Bound Voyager

Mine are the Novakids , there just looking cool.
    But i also like the avians, there full sets awesome.

6. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Vanilla: Avian because I absolutely adore birds in real life, and their culture/architecture is amazing.

Modded: Gallavoir because it's my race. When Ochiru adds some decent lore to his Lopunny, I'll really like that too. Avali was also good, but it has a strange fanbase which I am still struggling to understand.

Lemony Shtickit likes this.
  7. Vith

Vith Cosmic Narwhal

I would have to say the Glitch. The ship is most appealing to me, and who doesn't like playing as a robot that has gained sentience?

8. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, human actually. But I do appreciate the Avian race... Very sexeh too. ;)

9. Artay001

Artay001 Pangalactic Porcupine

As a human in real life, my main character is human. I play one of each of the races on casual though, and think of them as my "progenitors". They'll travel the universe building things forever and I'll make the occasional perma-death characters to roam the universe in their wake.

n1t3n and Tamorr like this.
  10. SkeletonSteve

SkeletonSteve Master Chief

I like the human race personally[DOUBLEPOST=1424362169][/DOUBLEPOST]I didn't need to envision that but thank you

11. Tyler Vem

Tyler Vem Void-Bound Voyager

Florans by far for me. Nothing against the other races, something about being a plant that is a meat-eater is enticing.

12. DrVoodoo

DrVoodoo Cosmic Narwhal

Hylotl and Novakid.

13. Moon Star

Moon Star Cosmic Narwhal

I love Florans the most. But I only like playing as a Glitch. Glitch are "kin from another bin".

14. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

My favorite race is a mystery.

15. Polecat

Polecat Phantasmal Quasar

Avians are my hands down favorite... but the Glitch are interesting too

Lemony Shtickit likes this.
  16. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Lemme guess, Novakids?

17. Sileka

Sileka Void-Bound Voyager

I preferred humans prior to the latest stable build. I am in love with the Novakids now. They just give me a fun idea for various 'villains' who are completely clueless as to their own infamy.

(Sorry about the double post. Cat decided to try her paw at the keyboard.)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  18. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Shit he's onto me.

Zuvaii likes this.
  19. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

You use that mod that adds Novakid-specific dialogue when using the observe button and when talking to other vanilla races?

20. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

I'm playing vanilla, that sounds interesting though.

Serenity likes this.