1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Favorite Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DialgaTheTimeLord, Feb 7, 2015.

1. DialgaTheTimeLord

DialgaTheTimeLord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Personally, I gotta go with the Floran. They're murderous in a hilarious way, their ship looks cool, and my Floran character has certainly served me well so far.

zBound likes this.
  2. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

Based on architecture? Avians and florans, but we're still missing novakid and hylotl buildings.

Ignoring the architecture they're all even. All of the races, including "generic" humans, are great in Starbound.

3. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well gee probly not florans

floranmasterrace

4. silverninja

silverninja Space Hobo

florans, only because they remind me of my sylvari from guild wars 2

5. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Floran mainly because they look interesting. I am not your average floran though with that said.

I do however like the other races, I like the architecture of hylotl, avian, floran, and glitch mainly.

I guess my second favorite would be the glitch...

Other than the default, there are many out there in the custom section that I like just as much. People are pretty creative with what they come up with, at least I think so. :)

6. LastDay

LastDay Heliosphere

Floran. They are funny and like to ssstab things. :D

I think that Hylotl have way cooler armor/weapons, though.
    Very sleek.
    Maybe I'll create a Hylotl character and craft a sword for my Floran...

7. Aeronaut

Aeronaut Pangalactic Porcupine

As far as technology goes, Avians win in my book. The whole crystal resonance thing is fascinating to me, and their ships/dungeons look awesome.

With regard to aesthetics (racial armor/clothing/appearance), I prefer the Florans. Their cosmetic options are really neat (sometimes scary) and they emote amazingly.

8. DialgaTheTimeLord

DialgaTheTimeLord Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Florans. Florans everywhere.

I'm just surprised no one's mentioned Novakids yet.

9. Nazja

Nazja Pangalactic Porcupine

There isn't enough novakid lore right now, and their ship doesn't seem to be that popular.

10. Artaxian

Artaxian Void-Bound Voyager

I prefer Humans.

Hedgeriot likes this.
  11. Smagel

Smagel Aquatic Astronaut

For me the answer to this question depends on when you're asking me. First I prefered Glitch because I just like robots/steampunk. That was a year ago. Now I think that Novakid are cool but I play as a human because the Novakid ship upgrades are just inconvenient.

12. Fishums

Fishums Orbital Explorer

The glitch. mainly because of the medieval theme.

13. northamigo

northamigo Void-Bound Voyager

Novakids of course. They have trains and revolvers and wild west and stuff.

14. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

If you're including mods, the Avali. Just read their wiki and you'll understand.

Snowpup likes this.
  15. fuzzyzombielove

fuzzyzombielove Void-Bound Voyager

Pfft-haha! No one likes the Apex! Snooty monkey butts. :p

But yeah, I can see why people dig Florans. They've got a cool tribal thing going on and they're so whimsically bloodthirsty. I love the Novakid in concept but until they get more material, Florans are still probably my fav.

Snowpup likes this.
  16. Paths

Paths Tentacle Wrangler

Florans are pretty cool but I really like Avians because of how well they look ( mainly because of the Drumsticks and Tailfeathers mod but it isn't officially in the game so whatever :V ) and their lore in general.
    Besides everything though, Novakids are the master race.

17. Sh0elace

Sh0elace Phantasmal Quasar

My favourite are Hylotl because I love the whole feudal Japan thing and because they are fish people and I like fish.:hylotl:<3

FloomRide, Hedgeriot, Gila and 3 others like this.
  18. Ryumaru

Ryumaru Big Damn Hero

Personally I love the Glitch. Medieval robots? Dealing with being an outcast for starting to think? Cool medieval weaponry? Talking like HK-47? Sign me up.

Although, to be fair, all of the races in Starbound are handled in really cool ways. The universe and the cultures in it are a big part of why I like the game. Even the humans, which are usually the boring "vanilla" option in most games have some unique twists that make them appealing.

19. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

hey

wanna know something about avians?

Cloaca butt love

thats how avian babies are born

the more you know

FoggyPaws likes this.
  20. fuzzyzombielove

fuzzyzombielove Void-Bound Voyager

Hylotl females just plop a bunch of eggs in still water and the male swims over them and does his thing.

Eternalmyst and L. F. Oxidizer like this.