1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite bullet type in Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Treldent02, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Treldent02

Treldent02 Orbital Explorer

My favorite personally is the pig with dynamite strapped to it's back, mainly cause of the hilarity of firing a pig out of a grenade launcher.

What be your's?

2. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Bouncy plasma. Makes exploring caves easier since provides light AND damage for any monsters lurking in there

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

We have bullet types now? o_O

Serenity likes this.
  4. Treldent02

(Replying to Jonsey, i don't know how to reply properly)

Bullet type's as in which projectile type is on the gun when you find it

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

(Use the "Reply" button on a person's post to reply to that specific post. You can reply to more than one post within one of your own.)

Oh, that makes sense. I've been a little out of the loop, and I thought I'd missed the addition of some new weapon customization mechanic.

Serenity likes this.
  6. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I like the sticky plasma shots, they're the best torches ever! For actual fighting, I like explosive rounds or clusterbomb grenades.

I still hold out hope that Starbound implements bullet trains as an enhanced version of the skyrail system.

7. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Rocket Drill launcher.

Yes, I'm dreading the stable update if only because that mod will no longer work and I have zero clue on how to get it to work.

8. Treldent02

If you are saying that that is from a mod, i did mean vanilla ones, but okay

9. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Have yet to use any of the guns....so club that shoots skullz????

10. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

im my favorite bullet.
    destroys everything it its path, doesnt discriminate between friend or foe, and nearly unstoppable

the teleporter shoots me out, I destroy what ever I was aimed at

11. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Bacon Bomber all the way. It's great for methodically clearing out pesky guards from behind a barrier.

Serenity likes this.
  12. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I'm going to regret this, damn my curiosity, but please explain just what the Bacon Bomber looks like and how it operates.

13. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

It's the grenade launcher that fires little piggies with dynamite strapped to them. They crawl along the ground and eventually kaboom.

I found another one that I think launches exploding chickens too. I'll re-test it, I stored it away.

14. Darkarma

Darkarma Phantasmal Quasar

I've obviously have not been playing enough but... Sticky plasma is my top favorite weapon. But in lieu of that, a simple flame thrower is always useful.

15. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I like round bullets.

16. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

I prefer high velocity ones. Those red tubes.

17. janovick

janovick Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a "sticky" plasma one I like too. It shoots a plasma ball in a straight light, lightning up everything, sticks to the surface for some seconds and then it blasts.

18. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

My opinion echoes the ones in the comments. Sticky plasma is definitely the best, especially if you have the shotgun version so it fires like six of them. The only downside is the awful noise it makes.

Also there's this bullet type I've been curious about for a while. When it comes out of the chamber it goes slow, but after a couple seconds it speeds up to bullet speed. This seems terribly inefficient and inaccurate. Does anybody know what I'm talking about and/or have any idea what it's use is?

19. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I have a shotgun with the "slow" bullets... It is very useful for close quarters area of denial tactics. Shoot 3xs, walk away, the mobs run right into the wall of bullets.

Personally, I like the "rubber" bullet type that i can bounce around corners. The plasma.just doesn't have the range i want.
    Though i do love my 4k damage plasma sniper riffle :)

Will Liferider likes this.