1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do if you get stuck on a planet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FDru, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Zinerith

Zinerith Cosmic Narwhal

go to any mulitiplayer server and get some fuel there. That, or make a new character and leave some fuel in a chest on the planet your other account is stuck on. The universe is saved on your computer, and all your characters share it.

2. LightHoof

LightHoof Pangalactic Porcupine

If I'm not mistaken, trees will grow, either by themsleves or with the help of a player. This is just not implemented yet.
    Devs stated some times already, that being stuck on a planet is not an issue.

3. Twilightdusk

Twilightdusk Aquatic Astronaut

mind pointing out how I was wrong rather than just stating that I am then?

4. nautilus

nautilus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I actually got trapped on a moon once. Didn't have any fuel, couldn't get to any fuel because I would just keep freezing to death.

5. SolidSnake

SolidSnake Existential Complex

all characters are in a different universe with the same seed, youd get the same planet but any changes you make would not be between characters

6. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

He's right about travelling with multiple chars on the same planet. He's wrong about the other 2 facts. All trees give you wood. Moons don't have trees.

7. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Giant Laser Beams

Join a server, steal fuel, return to your original server.

8. AllenKS

AllenKS Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Except for the fact that you're 100% wrong...

9. Cosmin Negoita

Don't be talking stuff you don't even know about. I saved my Impervium stuff with an Avian, and grabbed them with my Apex.

10. AllenKS

Actually some trees give metal coated wood, or rainbow wood that can't be used as fuel, but every PLANET, with an atmosphere ("moon biome" moons are not planets... because they're moons.), should have trees that give regular unrefined wood too, because metal trees and rainbow wood trees are mini-biomes, separate from the regular wood tree biomes that all planets have.

11. Twilightdusk

Sorry, but you're the wrong one here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Cosmin Negoita

I wasn't certain about this, however I remember trees not giving me wood. Just didn't want to mention it :)

13. Twilightdusk

As for the trees again, I could have sworn that some planets I was on had trees which only gave plant fiber, maybe I beamed down into one of those mini-biomes and didn't look far enough to find the real trees.

14. Cosmin Negoita

That happened to me as well. Went further and found trees :)

15. AllenKS

That's exactly what happened.

Giant flowers, mushrooms, rainbow wood trees, metal trees, ice trees, etc. All of those are mini-biome trees that can spawn on a planet, but if you walk far enough there will always be regular trees.

Twilightdusk likes this.
  16. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Mine for coal. It's on every planet.

17. Twilightdusk

Except on moons as someone mentioned right? :rofl:

AllenKS likes this.
  18. Strife

Strife Existential Complex

It takes only one or two fuel to travel to another celestial object at the same coordinates.

Provided you are severely unlucky enough to be on one of the few coordinates with a single land-able celestial object, I think it only requires ten or so fuel to jump to the next set of coordinates in the same solar system.

If by some insane stroke of bad luck combined with a complete lack of foresight you mine up every single bit of coal and wood on your celestial and craft it into something and have expended all your fuel ....

Then you have failed as an adventurer and die a very slow, painful death in the case you are also unable to plant a crop where you got stranded (AKA, time for a new character).

19. AllenKS

Damn it, moons aren't planets.

I don't even think they're keeping them the way they currently are in the game, where you can survive on them without a space suit.

Pretty sure they only did that so they could be more accessible for the beta... There's even a space helmet item in the game already, you just can't craft it with legit means.

Also because moons don't have trees, I'm pretty sure they get much higher coal counts than planets. So even on moons there are basically "trees", as far as fuel goes.

20. Sunai

Sunai Seal Broken

Theres a ton of asteroids above your planet that will contain coal.

JUST INCASE YOU MINE IT ALL FROM THE PLANET.