1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What mods do you think will, like, 100% sure it will come for Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ReikDrako, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ReikDrako

ReikDrako Void-Bound Voyager

From another epic games, like Portal Gun mod from Portal 1 & 2 (AND THE AWESOME COMBUSTIBLE LEMONS :DDD) or something like Kamehamehas, or even something like a server with mods recreating full series like SAO. Just post what do you think will be alive in Starbound with mods :DD.

P.S. : All hail the modder who create a Space Core mod!

P.S.S. : sorry for bad english, I'm Brazilian

Sparksol, onerb2, cyberspyXD and 4 others like this.
  2. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

100% someone will make a silly mod that will turn everyone into ponies and unicorns. I mean, Terraria ended up with one pretty soon!

3. A Bacon texture pack, bacon terrains, trees, planets, Bacon Universe. 100% sure. :alien:

Anyway i rarely use mods, there are nice things but it gets mad when we try to do it in multiplayer to all the players have the same mods, something hopefully our team is aiming to fix at some point.

4. Tahu16

Tahu16 Void-Bound Voyager

Terraria mod.

Glitch1500, Bars, Keeper and 7 others like this.
  5. affsd

affsd Zero Gravity Genie

An anticheat
    (if I have time)

6. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

I would say the darkbound. But let's go with new races.

tassina, Silvestre, Cellbind and 3 others like this.
  7. Sonora

Sonora Title Not Found

100% someone will make a damn MLP mod. With Pegacorns and shit.

8. DaviDeil

DaviDeil Ketchup Robot

People will make a huge mod that adds quadruple the amount of randomized monster bits.

There will be mind numbing amounts of new armor, clothing, decorations, and building pieces.

There will be mods that add new bosses, quests, and random cities/villages/tribes.

There will be many new mountable monsters to ride into battle.

New guns, bows, swords, daggers, throwables. There will be completely new weapons that the devs didn't put in, like halberds.

Magic will be added. Summon creature/elementals/daemons, polymorph, fireball, create food, stone wall, paralyze, poison, etc.

Skill trees will be added with things like swordfighting, lumberjacking, stealing, etc.

Alchemy will be added so growing that garden will have multiple reasons. Mix a poison potion and poison your enemy's food. Gift him food out of *forgiveness* then watch as he crumples to the ground from your poisoned cupcake. Invisibility potions, water breathing, fire resist, low gravity, many more.

Trapping boxes! Leave chests around worlds you've traveled with a deadly explosive trap in it. Trap your private box in your house so you can tell when your friend is trying to steal from you. Take a picture of their mutilated body and warn anyone else with it who does the same.

Much more underwater content. With sea serpents, frog people, pirates, sirens, mermaids, clams with random pearls, underwater caverns and treasures. Message in a bottles that have treasure maps in them to go find and uncover. The treasure is there but it's protected by tons of monsters.

Galactic newspapers that update whenever the original author updates it. To get your latest news in the sector. (maybe not 100% that. itd be cool though!)

Don't be surprised to see angel and demon wings on people some day!

Whew... Okay that's enough for now. My creativity is demolished.

9. imrevned

imrevned Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Bacon > MLP

10. Dispersion

Dispersion Pangalactic Porcupine

Nude mods, etc.

11. Dis

Dis Phantasmal Quasar

I feel that tarnished my expectation of this game's innocence.. :confused:

tassina, DJOkamical and Maw like this.
  12. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Full conversions (eventually). Durability removal. Super hardcore survival mode mod.

DJOkamical, Stylµs and Jonesy like this.
  13. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

You know very well they are probably spriting it in advance, RIGHT now.. That "race" mod will probably be out the third day of beta if not sooner.

DJOkamical likes this.
  14. T-Bone Biggins

T-Bone Biggins Phantasmal Quasar

Someone has to make a mod for firearms that use ammo. Say energy weapons are limited by energy availability and heat, firearms can fire rapidly with less heat and do lots of damage. Make the main drawback the fact you have to manufacture your ammo, say in 50rd packs. Heck, you can even make stuff like explosive or AP ammo by adding various ores to the recipe for ammunition, kind of a 'ore modifier' slot. If this isn't in the vanilla game I will cry, and hopefully a decent non-janky mod will make this come true.

15. Dispersion

Dispersion Pangalactic Porcupine

There is no escape.

cyberspyXD and DJOkamical like this.
  16. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

17. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

When you log in to a server you use the server's mods. You will download the mods that the server is set up to use so everyone connecting to that server will use the same mods.

Honestly, I'm expecting someone to eventually make a pokemon mod since you can have pets and they evolve.

SirKaldar and DJOkamical like this.
  18. Supergeek

Supergeek Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I wonder if we will be able to randomly generate and composite pieces together to create items, like the variations in the weapons.

For example, say I wanted to generate squirrels of different colors with different tail lengths without having to draw hundreds of sprites. If so, mods could really have a lot of flexibility.

SirKaldar and DJOkamical like this.
  19. Stephen Hawking

Stephen Hawking Big Damn Hero

This happens to every game that can be modded. I challenge any of you to find me a mod-able game that does not have a nudity mod. No pictures please....

20. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Cortex Co-- oh wait...

Hmmm... Starcraft 2 / Warcraft 3?

DJOkamical likes this.