1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think the next race will be?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tomato Master, Jul 16, 2014.

1. ObsidianDragon13

ObsidianDragon13 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this 100% we need lizardmen! perhaps make them the only 100% evil race minus the outcasts/npc of course :metroid:

Izzabelle likes this.
  2. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

...But why would they put themselves on equal footing as the other races, instead of being above them? Unless there are two precursor races...

3. Pixeludicrous

Pixeludicrous Subatomic Cosmonaut

Precursor does not necessarily equal arrogant, which is a mentality that's kind of getting incredibly stale. If anything, in the lore their actions make them out to be an incredibly helpful race, raising entire civilizations and even creating the Glitch entirely themselves. These are certainly not the actions of a race that sees itself above others.

The gate could have been a creation of theirs intended for the benefit and hopeful unity of all of the races they'd come across and helped. A new, secret race honestly seems a little far-fetched. Chucklefish has been working themselves ragged on all of the other content, and they haven't even finished up the entirety of the Novakids yet! Heck, technically not even the Hylotl. A new race at this point would just be leaning towards feature creep, and I see no logical reason why that should be the immediate conclusion everyone reached when they saw this.

Zebe, Lecic and Xefs like this.
  4. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Doesn't mean they're not planning an eighth race, just that they're not making it right now.

5. Moon Star

Moon Star Cosmic Narwhal

I think the next race is-

Darn, Serenity said it before me.

6. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It's obviously the Creators, and their faces have been removed from the Gates by the Ring of Thorns in conjunction with Big Ape and his Miniknog, possibly with help from Greenfinger and [REDACTED].

MysticMalevolence and Bonabopn like this.
  7. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Good idea c:

8. shaun4519

shaun4519 Phantasmal Quasar

the novakids are in now in the nightly builds actualy (page 1)

Maybe the avali since we're including mods(2nd page)

there is already florans!!!! also no one seems to think about the winged demon like race. what about them they are probably the ones who are missing from the portal!(5 pages in)
    edit: whoops quoted the wrong person... (page 10)
    sorry tomato

the tentacles are already on the gate (page 9)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  9. OlBuddyOlPal

OlBuddyOlPal Master Chief

Why another race at all?
    Aren't there more important things to work on?
    I can use mods for as many races as I want.

10. @shaun4519 please watch your double posts, as they are against forum rules.

It's just a discussion risen from the empty spot on the Gate image. Not a call to arms.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  11. OlBuddyOlPal

You can say the same about every other thread here. Does that make my point invalid or unfitting?

12. No, it just makes it derailing in the context of THIS thread. So refrain from derailing. If you have issues or concerns -- or really need your voice heard on the priority of game features -- make your own thread, or find a thread in which your opinions contribute to an already ongoing discussion.

13. OlBuddyOlPal

Fair enough. Even though there are no relevant discussions going on in this forum anyway.
    You aren't one of the original Starbound Staff members, are you?

I assume the race they implement will be a furry addition. They should add something like boar/pig-humans imo.

Izzabelle likes this.
  14. Nah, I'm just a forum moderator :coffee:

OlBuddyOlPal likes this.
  15. OlBuddyOlPal

Explains itself, you seem much nicer from a first expression than Mollygos and er ilk.

Also I just got the idea, it's a penguin race. Definitely penguin race.

Hatsya Souji and Izzabelle like this.
  16. ScrubNiggurath

ScrubNiggurath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Redneck mollusks in ghettorigged mobile homes turned rocket ships, that or the radioactive undead remains of some long gone race, fueled by nuclear paranoia and 50s style B-rate scifi tech on a quest to beat the Russians apex in an arms race that the apex aren't even participating in because they're miles ahead and don't care... Bonus points if most of said species foods involve monster brains.

Also... Hi bonabopn! <3

17. kinzuko

kinzuko Zero Gravity Genie

could be rabbit people... after all they do have rabbit statue things in the avian ruins

18. Soulcake135

Soulcake135 Subatomic Cosmonaut

can we make peglaci official race? such a good mod

19. GeneralMittens

GeneralMittens Subatomic Cosmonaut

Space Cat people are where it's at! You have space-cat-people related homework Chucklefish.

20. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Nothing personal, but I'm going to vote no on this one. Do you know what happens when you combine cats and a sandbox game? It isn't pretty, unless the precursor race comes by and changes the sandbox every week. And even then? It isn't pretty.

Bumber, Finn Learson and Lecic like this.