1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you guys think the Starbound Community's reaction will be?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheGamer100, Aug 21, 2014.

1. TheGamer100

TheGamer100 Void-Bound Voyager

Once Chucklefish announces and releases a trailer for the new update on steam what do you think the Starbound community's reaction will be?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  2. khalismur

khalismur Big Damn Hero

Steam has such an inercia that the community there will probably not even change their reaction to Starbound until it is finally released.

3. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

...and even then

4. Dbr0wn

Dbr0wn Space Spelunker

"Thanks for giving me what I paid for"

Kokiris, makraiz, Hooven and 19 others like this.
  5. Sokina

Sokina Heart of Gold

Yeah, I think they'd say exactly this too. ;)

6. TheGamer100

TheGamer100 Void-Bound Voyager

That sounds about right.

Finn Learson likes this.
  7. DoctorWhoMe?

DoctorWhoMe? Void-Bound Voyager

You nailed it.

Dbr0wn likes this.
  8. Starbug

Starbug Guest

I could not resist logging back in to say :

Exactly the same reaction as everyone here! There is no schism, there is no dichotomy in what we all want. Starbound to be awesome. You shouldn't assume we / they want anything different from you. Maybe some of the trolls want heads on spikes, medieval-style. Those guys don't represent steam community.

Hello to all Starbound Fans! See you later :)

9. LethalShade

LethalShade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, I want heads on spikes too. Theirs.

UltraSnaky likes this.
  10. Shotgun75

Shotgun75 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Based on evidence I'm expecting a balanced and fair reaction.

Paco495, Stroodle and Jbeetle like this.
  11. Snappyr

Snappyr Big Damn Hero

I imagine they will be somewhat calmer, but still mostly skeptical. It's just an announcement after all.

Seeing how things have been so far, I bet most people will, understandably, thirst for more than just that.

12. Fair and balanced like Fox news?

13. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I'm guessing they would be happy for awhile, and then once they reach the "end" of the new content, they would start listing what things they'd like to see and what changes they'd like to be made. Just like here.

MysticMalevolence and drakd like this.
  14. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

yep. just like here!

15. Starbug

Starbug Guest

I have to admit, this comment made me laugh; Thanks Maxwell!

Steam is nowhere near as right-wing as Fox News Opinion.

Take care, and remember we are all Starbound Fans (or lapsed Starbound fans) having fun!

Maxwell Demonic and Jbeetle like this.
  16. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

I do agree with @Starbug, more or less the same as the rest of us ranging from "yay" to "about time". There will of course be some troll (Edit: Change that to Joke, I messed up with that wording, I simply ment comments mainly for the LOLs not that disagreeing with us. Sorry if I insulted anyone.) ones too like "Does this update include a refund for taking so darn long?" or "Look a trailer for starbound 2034, my grandkids will be happy". So basically like any other part of the internet when something gets an update that has been expected for a long time.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  17. MrHiggle

MrHiggle Existential Complex

Some people will care, some won't give a flying fuck or just not notice it.
    'Scuse my language.

18. Montychuck

Montychuck Subatomic Cosmonaut

In general, people will play the victim and complain as if they personally were sitting at their computer for 6 months straight waiting for it.

19. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Not everyone, some will. Just like some will complain when a game comes out with a DC version or there is a new Pay DLC after they bought a complete collection or various other things. You can't please everyone after all (it does suck when you really want to though).

20. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut