1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Lunar Base Room

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by The Squid, Mar 2, 2015.

1. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Awhile ago I found a thread about a secret area of the Lunar Base. Intrigued, I set out to find more. Here is a room I found right next to the boss chamber, only accessible via morphball.

When you get inside, there are a bunch of boxes with random stuff in them. But that's not what caught my eye:
    Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 6.19.03 PM.png
    What do they mean? Directly beneath me was this: Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 6.26.30 PM.png
    I was unable to open it, and I couldn't find a lever or button that would enable me to do so.
    Anyway, just wanted to share this with everybody.

2. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

You must open others levers by using the morph ball, down there is a kitty pet for you to capture!

The Squid, Dansec and Model QT-377665 like this.
  3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

That's... Kinda disappointing, actually. I was hoping it would be some sort of clue to, say, the eighth race. Or at least something like that. But hey, kitties are good too!:3

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  4. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Ahahaha:rofl: yeah i know that feeling, but also you can get infinite kittens! just do over and over again (Beware because the cats are immortal)

The Squid likes this.
  5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I WILL OPEN A CAT STORE

6. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Yeah! swimming in pixels baby! just pay attention if any floran comes by, he probably will buy it to cook a stew or something like that

The Squid likes this.
  7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I'll have him take a background check to see if he's a responsible child owner.

8. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

Once I was playing around with staves

Then my cat diedededed

I cried

then I realised the cat dropped a filled capture pod

I was happy

9. Nibolas O Anelbozas

You can torture him infinite times too

10. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

Patience....that's not in yet. We know most, if not all, of the quests now are placeholders until the real story arrives. They had to tweak the engine to allow for more quest triggers for more epic storytelling. There's no telling if there will still be a lunar moon base once the final story gets implemented.

The Squid likes this.
  11. Nibolas O Anelbozas

The fun part is that we all be hipster about it "Well, i remember that ol' Erchius monster, quite impressive"

12. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Three things:
    1: Never seen those before, time to hit the wiki
    2: Never seen that door before, let alone a horizontal one
    3: Love that outfit!

13. Nibolas O Anelbozas

So i assume that you don't know about that secret place in outpost?

14. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Havn't been to one yet. Even though I'm making a starbound show, I haven't been able to explore the new features via gameplay. I'll probably look for them when I need them in an episode.

15. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Well it could be funny thing to add because there is a funny background about this place. To anyone who are reading this, go to Outpost and use the grappling hook (or be a real ninja and use a lot of ropes) and go see what is in the bottom of that comment...
    Also i'm super excited for the show man, i'm sending good energies for you!

16. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

or be me and use energy dash
    only accomplished this once

17. Nibolas O Anelbozas

i crafted an entire cerulium set and did it with the gravity bubble and the climbing pickaxes

18. Joseph the wanderer

Joseph the wanderer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

LOOKS LIKE YOU GOT YOUR WISH!
    what in the world is this? when inspected, it says it is nothing or it is extremely old or it is indecipherable.(this was added with the newest update. the one where they added the arc) 2015-04-28_00001.jpg

The Squid likes this.
  19. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Translated it says "It will return" (unknown if they mean the cat, or are just hinting at the main villian in starbound). Its very old news. Please use the search function (theres a loot of threads about this).

20. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile