1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel Weekly Pixel-Off

Discussion in 'Art' started by pigrocket, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

A wild Owl_Stalker has(n't) appeared!

Hi, this is my first time ever posting any pixel art in a competition, and I though this was the place to start!
    It's supposed to be a scene of Earth.
    [​IMG]
    I know it's not good detail-wise, but I would like to see what input there is on this.

2. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Reminds me of this:
    [​IMG]

3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Ye! That is the thing (A smaller form) that attacked earth. I have had that image rise up over 13 times in the last week. (Am I being stalked by an... image?)

4. Connorses

Connorses Big Damn Hero

Entry:

Asteroid Field

ships2.png

5. Lord Octopus

Lord Octopus Starship Captain

This week's theme: SCIENCE!

Submit by Friday March 28th

Get your mad scientist gear on because this week we are delving into the relm of test tubes and beakers. The subject line could include horrible genetic mutations, chemicals, experiments gone wrong, or whatever your devious mind can conjure.

This Week's Winner's Pot:

*Choice of next week's theme*

Seajun_, pigrocket and WoxandWarf like this.
  6. That Octopus is going to usurp Dragonith.

Seajun_ likes this.
  7. Lord Octopus

That is the goal.

Seajun_ likes this.
  8. Dynafols

I SUMMON THEE, DESTROYER OF WORLDS! @Dragonith *sacrafices 3 penguins and a red panda :redpanda:*
    [​IMG]

(I may personally make an attempt on this one, even though I'll be easily crushed :p)

WoxandWarf and pigrocket like this.
  9. -insert Bahamut summoned gif here-
    Hoo, it's been awhile since I've been here lol. Sadly, not sure if I can participate this week. I'm really busy. x-x;

HOWEVER, TOUCH MY TITLE AND YOU SHALL DIE. Drago, out.
    [​IMG]

10. Lord Octopus

I will ask you to please refrain from death threats. I am certain you are by no means serious, but it does not, in any way, justify the action.
    Furthermore if you cannot make time to defend your title then I shall win it easily, but I would prefer a challenge rather than your secession.
    P.S. Annoying GIFs are annoying. :p

11. Dynafols

Entry:
    I'm not an amazing artist... in fact I almost never do digital, let alone pixel art (I've entered 1 time before).

BUT YAY SCIENCE!

Yay for Science Large.jpg

12. Lord Octopus

This is my Entry this week: the Tesla coil of SCIENCE!
    [​IMG]
    Wireless electricity anyone?
    Also helps control the bird population.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  13. Dynafols

I wish I knew how to animate. :notworthy:

14. You can find many online gif-makers, so you don't need any sort of special program. You just have to draw each frame and then upload it to a gif website, and it'll do the rest.

WoxandWarf and Dynafols like this.
  15. Lord Octopus

So do I... I am using the program Microsoft GIF Animator Application from the 90s (free). It is a pain in the butt. It gives me the level of control over the frames that I wanted, even if I had to make the animation 3 separate times from scratch because the file kept becoming corrupt during save. (apparently it does not like the imported pictures to be open in any other program).

16. Connorses

Connorses Big Damn Hero

GIMP is a good free image program. It has a feature where you can make an animated GIF where each layer becomes a frame.

I've been using PIxen, which is a Mac program, but I got it when it was free. It's $10.00 now.

pigrocket likes this.
  17. Lordy, we have a new Pixel Champion.

Lord Octopus and AstroBlast like this.
  18. Dynafols

That means theres gonna be a clashing of the gods...

Yea... I'm not entering anymore, I stand NO chance.

19. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

20. Lord Octopus

Muxaun is by far more talented than me and was originally my inspiration. If it were not for him refraining from posting I would have never won any I entered.
    So try not to be dissuaded we are all just following in the path of greater artists, learning from them. I hope to see more from you, pixel art is a difficult medium, but keep at it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.