1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel Weekly Pixel-Off

Discussion in 'Art' started by pigrocket, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You guys all talked me into it! I'm making something for this week's pixel off...ermm Month off? Is it too late for this rotation?

edit:

Here we go!

ENTRY
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  2. blitZee

blitZee Void-Bound Voyager

ENTRY
    [​IMG]

Not the idea I initially wanted to do, so it's rushed. And quite a bit actually. Never did anything with 2 sources of light + back light on a person so it's messed up. Not the result i wanted to achieve so i still gotta practice.
    Fun Fact: This is the 5th idea for this theme i had came up with after ditching other ones, but it still shares 1 or 2 ideas from other...ideas....

P.S. Looks like i'm back to black outlines :c And this is a primary example why you shouldn't dither if you don't know how to

EDIT: Edited the thing a bit, a bit better but still not at full potential

Character background edit: The idea behind the person in the image is that he's partially augmented. His Right arm has been fully replaced. He also has augmented wings which can retract under the skin (replacement for shoulder blades). The cyan fire thingy-mabob is actually plasma being bent by magnets (the augmented wings), providing a massive flow of super-heated air, allowing the user to fly. (plasma being bent or controlled by magnetic fields part is already a reality.)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
    WoxandWarf, Finn Learson and Seajun_ like this.
  3. blitZee

Sorry for the double post, final ENTRY edit. Wanted to animate the flame but don't have enough time (and patience) to do so. Removed most of the dithering, edited the colors a bit, added some more stuff into the background and other general tweaks (black lines are now gone :D)
    [​IMG]

And Congratulations to Finn who already won ^^ your animation deserved to win

Lord Octopus and Finn Learson like this.
  4. Oh I haven't won anything yet (I don't think), but thank you!

5. blitZee

Oh snap, apparently only the entry I submitted actually fit the cyberpunk theme. My other ideas were basically all transhumanism (the link in the description helped me figure that out >.>). When is this week over? I need moar practice (this theme kinda awakened something in me that wants to pixel)

6. But Finn's clearly shows a cyborg... Does that not work with the theme somehow?

7. blitZee

I was talking about my entry, his is completely fine. What i meant with "only the entry I submitted" was outta all other possible entry ideas i had, only the one i submitted fit the theme. sorry for wording that wrong hah

8. Oh, that makes more sense. Stupid English language. XD

Finn Learson, Seajun_ and blitZee like this.
  9. blitZee

heh, i know right?
    Besides, i'm not that greedy/that big of an a-hole to congratulate a person and then go "o wait, this doesn't follow the rules! DIS-MOTHER FREAKING- QUALIFIED!!1!"

although the money part of this is attractive...

10. Haha, I was also confused by what you said blitZee, but I figured it out! :chucklefish:

11. This week's theme: Fantasy Races & Creatures

Submit by Friday Jan. 17

Dwarves, Dragons, and Goblins oh my! Any sort of creature or race you'd expect to see in a Fantasy setting.

This Week's Winner's Pot:

*Choice of next week's theme*

Lord Octopus and pigrocket like this.
  12. Pivotphone

Pivotphone FInal Visit to Our Nearest Neighbor

I only have started pixel art really recently so im ready to be shown up but here is my "Hell Zealot"

[​IMG]

13. Lord Octopus

Lord Octopus Starship Captain

This is my Entry:
    [​IMG]
    Just finished after starting work on it the day the new topic was announced it is 1968x69 pixels
    I wanted to do more but my wife told me I needed to stop.
    To be able to see it, and in its larger entirety, I had to split it up :(. The forums wont let me post a picture that large.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If I had the time I would have made a video game out of it.

14. I love the little details, like the sand castle. Really shows that you put a lot of effort in!

15. Lord Octopus

It took a long time but those little details are what made it fun. Speaking of little details did anyone spot the dragon or is he too subtle.

16. blitZee

Naw, I'd say the wind gust in the desert is a lot more hard to notice. The problem with dragon is that he's a bit high than other stuff, meaning that your attention will be drawn towards those lower object and making you miss the dragon. That's all i can say. Otherwise it's really amazing!

Lord Octopus and Seajun_ like this.
  17. Lord Octopus

Thanks!
    That is what I was going for with the dragon, I think it is much more noticeable on the post because it is right at the cut.

18. Ugh, I want to make something to for this, but work has been kicking my butt. The zealot looks pretty cool, and the fantasy panorama is really neat! The detail is great, part of what I like about low res pixeling, good job!

Lord Octopus likes this.
  19. Lord Octopus

This week's theme: Nostalgia

Submit by Friday Jan. 24

The happy, whimsical, kind of nostalgia that makes you smile when you think of it. So draw something that you find nostalgic!

This Week's Winner's Pot:

*Choice of next week's theme*

pigrocket and Seajun_ like this.
  20. Lord Octopus

I was sad you didn't get another picture in, I enjoy what you draw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.