1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Pixel Weekly Pixel-Off

Discussion in 'Art' started by pigrocket, Feb 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Holy shit that is amazing.

2. ColdOneK

ColdOneK Space Penguin Leader

I had fun with it :giggle:

3. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

well, i think I've been out done, that amazing. What language are did you write up top?

4. FreshSheet

FreshSheet Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks a lot like java.

5. ColdOneK

embellished c++ lol

//Mercy levels failed

#include<iostream>
    using namespace std;

int main()
    {
    cout << "Mercy levels failing";
    cout << "Mercy protocols failed.";
    cout << "Init era./Overkill";
    system("PAUSE");
    return 0;
    }

that just prints those comments to the console
    of course if it was an actual thing, you'd need some new lines (\n) end lines(endl) and indents(\t)

std:: is used when you don't add the "using namespace std;" line
    so the compiler knows to refer to the standard library for the cout function

everything with stl:: was fake
    all the "......." were unneeded

initializing/ed doesn't exist as far as I'm aware

init might - not that far enough yet lol

thought it might fit =]

@Lachee you couldn't recognize it despite your proficiency in c#?

6. Lachee

Lachee Existential Complex

I my be good at C#, however I haven't experimented with C++ before :oops:. I shall try it when i find some free time.

7. punkypie

punkypie Cosmic Narwhal

Entry

With awesome laser glasses, with laser tongue, with missile launcher arms, with skater tank shoes, with 80's headphones, with punk hair, with, WITH, ...
    this is the:

(put this music)

civersaur x.gif

Inspired in some 80's toons (you know, robots, colorful lassers, machines everywhere...) :p

Mopy, Thanel, Roxie Stables and 11 others like this.
  8. ColdOneK

Sorry guys, I'm a bit of a moron...
    I didn't realize the that things would need to be submitted by the 10th - I thought it was submit idea for weekly contest by the 10th...
    anywho....

9. FreshSheet

Made me think of this:
    [​IMG]

10. ColdOneK

I wish I was that good lol

Also edited contest start

Edit: If I was that good, I'd never draw/pixel bhuda the biggest hippocrit to ever exist
    "give everything of yourself away and live free of mortal possessions, while I take all yo stuff and sell it for food..."

11. Ehhhhh... I'm going to have to put a cork in that "extended to the 12th" business. When this started out, weekly hosts could make choices like that, but it didn't work out so well. Sorry.

12. ColdOneK

thought this was like a cue to extend it lol - edited op

pigrocket likes this.
  13. FreshSheet

Entry
    small rylex.png
    Rylex

The youngest warlock of his kind, Rylex was always smaller than the rest of the children. He got picked on relentlessly because of his smaller size and his unusual innocent outlook. However, Rylex was always demonic inside, and his fury grew throughout his childhood. He quickly mastered the arts of the arcane and took revenge on his childhood bullies, dissipating them in a cloud of ash and fire. His talent grew exponentially as he ravaged the countryside, killing anyone in his path in blind rage. However, he hungered for more. Power had corrupted his soul further and he sought to rule with an iron fist. He assembled his army, his signature innocent outlook recruiting those sympathetic to Rylex and his awesome power converted those with a taste for destruction. With the greatest minds and muscles at his whim, he led an all-out assault on the world capital. The battle lasted less than a day.
    Pay your respects to your warlock overlords. Rylex is watching you.

Mopy, ColdOneK, Lachee and 1 other person like this.
  14. ColdOneK

Nice entry =]

15. Just a little constructive criticism, his head, because of lack of hair shading and side shading, seems flat. This also due to the little shadow his large head casts on his body. I'd just add a bit more shadows concerning the face. If you look at my avatar, by suika, you'll see the hair shading on the left really pops the head out and makes it look 3-D, which would look 2-D without it. Sorry if this came across as mean or anything like that.

AstroBlast likes this.
  16. FreshSheet

Nice catch, thanks :)
    Should be fixed now

Angry Muffin likes this.
  17. Fresh won by default. Is it because he's awesome or because we're all slackers? His new theme is in the OP.

Lachee likes this.
  18. Shooting Star

Shooting Star Existential Complex

I am bussy xD
    and I can't do pixel art anyways :p

19. ColdOneK

Maybe my idea wasn't as cool to others, as it was to me =[

Also, OP needs to be revised - FreshSheet does indeed have a man crush on Chester See

20. FreshSheet

Lies

Seajun_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.