1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Wearing/Crafting/Finding Blueprints for other races Clothes

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by neoniw, Dec 12, 2013.

1. neoniw

neoniw Big Damn Hero

I was wondering if it's possible to wear, craft, or find blueprints for other races clothing types. I really love the Hylotl's clothing and would like to craft and wear it, and as a human there really shouldn't be a reason I'm not able to since it seems to basically just be Japanese clothing, and for the most part, all of the races have the same general body type.

Also a bit odd is that you can't craft all of the clothes you can put on in the character creator for your race at the start. Which makes me wonder, as a human, do I have to find a human village to get the blu-prints for those clothes as well? Thanks to anyone who can help me :)

2. Lascivar

Lascivar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can purchase blueprints for the race-specific armors from the towns associated with each race. Unfortunately there's no Hylotl towns/cities added yet and thus you can't check the clothing shops yet to see if the blueprints are available.

3. Braindawg

Braindawg Intergalactic Tourist

cant you craft all the starter gear at the loom?

and i agree it would be cool if you could craft and use gear from other races, with the set colour theemes they would be interesting to mix up

4. Mansen

Mansen Subatomic Cosmonaut

You can find merchants that sell all of the default clothing of a race. They usually stand next to carts in the middle of nowhere. :)

5. Kidou

Kidou Void-Bound Voyager

You could always make a Hylotl with the desired clothing and transfer it in Multiplayer.

6. neoniw

neoniw Big Damn Hero

Oh awesome, thank you.

Nope. There's a very specific sub-set of stuff it let's you craft, it's like one or two sets, but I know it's not all of it because humans have skirts, and I can't craft skirts.

Now that sounds like an interesting idea, I might try that, thanks!

7. Flux Wildly

Flux Wildly Big Damn Hero

No need for a multiplayer, since all your characters share the same universe, just create new one, check the coordinates of planet and fly there with your main character to create a little house with all the crafting equipment for your other character to use ) You can even create star map chips, so your new character will have an access to different tiers of armor. After creating armor\clothes, just leave it in some chest on this planet, so your main char can grab it )

8. neoniw

neoniw Big Damn Hero

I was actually just about to try this tomorrow, I set the coordinates of my main planet as the home for my hylotl, and am going to do it sort of backwards. I'm going to get the materials I need with her, then fly to the humans planet and dump the stuff there. I'm excited, not only is this possible, but now I even have a sort of objective/adventure/goal to go on!

And with this I'm going to bed, thanks everyone for your help and information :D

9. Flux Wildly

Flux Wildly Big Damn Hero

Great to hear it! Also, if you can setup server you'll be able to log in with BOTH your characters at the same time, if you want to make, for example, some neat music band of your own characters :D Works better with friends tho!

10. kai252

kai252 Void-Bound Voyager

i know that the felin mod has towns, and in nearly every closet there are lots of hylotl outfits.