Various AI for player's pleasure!

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Alucard I, May 21, 2014.

1. Alucard I

Alucard I King Homestuck I

So, I've got this nice idea, that is (I think) easy to implement.
    Upon creating a character, he or she gets assigned with a certain AI for his/her ship. We know that AIs are supposed to interact with humans and other creatures, so basically they're humans too, but... virtual. They also offer you different stuff. I suggest every race having a set of AI to generate on their ships. Different names, behaviors, words, prices. This is would be a really nice addition, it's always good to have someone to talk with on the ship.

Of course S.A.I.L. AI is nice too! But I think we need more variety!

Application:
    • Abbreviation: How would we call it for short?
    • Transcript: What does it's name mean?
    • Race: Which race gets this AI?
    • Behavior: How would it react on your actions?
    • Features: How will it affect your gameplay?
    • Quotes: At least three needed, to shape it's nature correctly
    • Nature: It can say how wonderful it is to see you die, but still love you deep inside. Features are mainly affected by nature.
    Examples:
    • Abbreviation: S.A.M.U.S.
    • Transcript: Superscalar Animated Multi-core User-friendly Supercomputer
    • Race: Human
    • Behavior: Grumpy
    • Features: Hull Repair Cost reduction (?)
    • Quotes: "Your hull condition is horrible. Repair it immediately, before you explode." "Good thing we always have spare clones. Though it becomes hard to tell if your real self ever left this ship." "Be cautious on this planet, I don't want to see another naked clone messing with my settings."
    • Nature: Contentious

• Abbreviation: Vayne
    • Transcript: Virtual Autonomic Yottabyte Node Engine
    • Race: Hylotl
    • Behavior: Dispassionate
    • Features: Various surviving Tips are provided after every travel. (aka Terraria Guide)
    • Quotes: "Stop kiling everything on your way, then they will stop killing you." "Hull condition is critical. Want to repair it?" "There is an unknown village to the left of spawn. Just warning you so your they won't hand you your own ass."
    • Nature: Attentive

Please, offer more ideas, it'd be a really nice addition!

• Abbreviation: S.A.M.U.S.
    • Transcript: Superscalar Animated Multi-core User-friendly Supercomputer
    • Behavior: Protective
    • Features: Hull Repair Cost reduction
    • Quotes:
      • "Your hull condition is horrible. Repair it immediately, before you explode."
      • "Good thing we always have spare clones. Though it becomes hard to tell if your real self ever left this ship."
      • "Be cautious on this planet, I don't want to see another naked clone messing with my settings."
    • Nature: Contentious

• Abbreviation: M.O.M.
    • Transcript: Medical Onboard Mainframe
    • Behavior: Overreactive
    • Features: Quicker health regeneration when on ship.
    • Quotes:
      • "Good thing you're alive! I was so worried!"
      • "I feel your pain. You left your mother planet, it must be- Oh, what am I saying, that's too sad for you!"
      • "Talk to me every now and then, I'm worried about you! Let's just say that I'm your mom and now you must visit me every day!"

[​IMG][​IMG]
    • Abbreviation: EMMA
    • Transcript: Emergency Medical Mending Automaton
    • Behavior: Caring and supportive
    • Features: Up to date medical expertise for all races, stem creating subroutines, top of the line bedside manner.
    • Quotes:
      • "Welcome aboard! Please carry out your duties whilst I run a scan for contaminants."
      • "It appears you've sustained multiple lacerations. Allow me to make it all better~"
      • "Please state the nature of the medical emergency."
      • "I've run a diagnostic on the planet's surface. There are traces of valuable materials for formulating medical stems."
      • "Please take what is prescribed. No more, no less."
      • "Take care of yourself, and bring back anyone in need of medical attention."
    • Nature: Dutiful

• Abbreviation: S.E.R.V.E
    • Transcript:Serving Electronic Recon Verification Earth-Class
    • Race:Human/Homo Sapien
    • Behavior:Friendly and Eager To Help
    • Features:Items Cost A Third Less of required resources To Make
    • Quotes:
      • ''Sir, did you die again? I'll power up the Clonebay in-case it happens again.'
      • ''Welcome back Sir, how may i assist you?''
      • ''It's a shame the rest of your crew died, I'm just glad I managed to eject the tentacle beast into Alpha SUW942D's atmosphere just in time to save you.''
    • Nature:Calm

• Abbreviation: BOB MK II
    • Transcript: Bord Okayed Bot Mark 2
    • Behavior: Disagreeable
    • Features: Less money lost on death
    • Quotes:
      • "10 pixels on you dieing as soon as you land"
      • "Wait wait....did you just die while teleporting *laughs*" [If you die when you hit teleport]
      • "Oh I knew I forgot to mention the survival equipment"
      • "Ok if you survive just 1 minute longer I win my bet with the life support's AI.....so for once in your life don't die."
      • "Oh joy they are multiplying." [Pets summoned]
    • Nature: Abhorrent

• Abbreviation: A.M.E
    • Transcript: Automatic malfunctioning Electronic
    • Behaviour:Loving
    • Features: Every Minutes you get regen
    • Quotes:
      • ''How was the planet gun?''
      • ''Sometimes, your jokes make no sense,like 'GET AWAY FROM ME WE ARE NOT MARRIED' I just don't get it.''
      • ''Remember I love you!''
    • Nature: Friendly
    • Comment: A.M.E was once a EMMA,but one day after travelling to close to a star,the ships circuits fried.and the EMMA glitched out,thinking that the pilot was her husband.

• Abbreviation: Vayne
    • Transcript: Virtual Autonomic Yottabyte Node Engine
    • Behavior: Dispassionate
    • Features: Various surviving Tips are provided after every travel. (aka Terraria Guide)
    • Quotes:
      • "Stop kiling everything on your way, then they will stop killing you."
      • "Hull condition is critical. Want to repair it, or are we planning to float mindlessly in the open space?"
      • "There is an unknown village to the left of the teleport spawn point. Just warning you so the dwellers won't hand you your own ass."

• Abbreviation: LiLy
    • Transcript: Lilypad OS version CXI Mako Edition
    • Behavior: Saturnalian
    • Features: 5% chance to get a free bonus after repairing hull (?)
    • Quotes:
      • "Dead again? Buy a new weapon! I heard there is a new Smashinator 8716 coming out today!"
      • "The ship is still alive. I suppose we have time for a dance, sir."
      • "Fish Bubblegum - 20 pixels a pack!"
    • Nature: Quirky
    • Comment: A starship home entertainment suite with functional software applications suited for drifting the stars. Hardware is generally overpriced and the AI's primary programming may be suprisingly the same as the other 110 versions before it, but EVERYONE's gotta have the newest version ordered on pre-release, especially since the Lilypad company doesn't seem to cover previous, uncool versions of the AI. Quirky and confident, the chibi-eque frog AI for the Hylotl ship is Hylotlkind's critique on their amphibian society. Though this well-mannered AI comes off as top-tier culturally, the AI personality is surprisingly vanilla behind the facade, despite its ability to deceive the vast majority of its techno-centric consumers.

• Abbreviation: Ocean
    • Transcript:SBM 18.3 Version 'Ocean'
    • Race:Hylotl
    • Behavior:Sarcastic
    • Features: ???
    • Quotes:
      • 'You know,when you left our world you could of,you know..BRING MORE THAN A DAYS WORTH OF FUEL!''
      • ''Sure,sure go ahead and build ANOTHER MATTER MANIPULATOR! you do know that those are outdated.right?''
      • ''You know,all those years ago,when you promised me you would show me the stars,being turned into an AI was TOTALLY what i had in mind*groans*
    • Nature: Fickle

• Abreviation: A.N.E.I.A
    • Transcript: Aquatic Navigation and Environmental Information Aquisition
    • Behavior: N/A
    • Features: Can detect racial signatures on the planet's surface, Can calculate percentage of liquid water on the planet, Can map ocean currents.
    • Quotes:
      • "Detecting Hylotl inhabitants."
      • "Detecting Floran inhabitants. Proceed cautiously."
      • "Surface 68% liquid water. pH within safe parameters for consumption."
      • "Oceans populated by small crustaecious organisms. Require sample for further analysis."
      • "Accepted request. Toxic agents purged. Water now drinkable."
    • Nature: N/A

• Abbreviation: F.I.S.H.
    • Transcript: Fuel Intelligent Ship Helper ( Not exactly the best at these. If anyone else has something better in mind, go ahead. )
    • Behavior: Friendly
    • Features: 10% reduction in fuel use ( Or whatever a good percentage would be )
    • Quotes:
      • "Hey! Welcome back!" - To Player
      • "How was exploring, [Player name]?" - To Player
      • "Hello there! Welcome to [Ship Captain]'s ship!" - Other Party Members
      • "Why don't we go to this planet over here?"
      • "Ooh! Ooh! This planet looks cool! Let's visit it!"
      • "This planet seems to be mainly of the [Biome type]! What an interesting place!"
      • "Hey! Why don't you beam down here?"
      • "Exploring is fun! Just don't die!"
      • "So many planets out there to visit! Why don't you go down, so you check this one off your list?"
      • "[Player name], don't forget to get some fuel! We can't let our adventure end here!"
    • Nature: Enthusiastic

• Abbreviation: STS
    • Transcript: Stupid talking screen
    • Race: Floran [Avian interface]
    • Behavior: Submissive
    • Features: -25 % Growth time needed for plants in reclaimed hulls patched together with unifying plant ecosystem.
    • Quotes:
      • "Oh! You're back!"
      • "I see you brought a dragon skull. Ya. Just cram it in there."
      • " Another planet for plunder? Bring back a souvenir! "
    • Nature: Toady
    • Comment: A broken vidscreen showing a distorted Avian AI programmed to snivel and kiss boot every time the floran enters the room.A prime example of Sadomasochism, the AI has forsaken its avian rituals and religious protocols for the new sweet sweet pain of its new host even if the pilot doesn't care it even exists. This AI is a sycophant. Every time it follows an order it cringes. Every time it is abused with "upgrades", it quivers in sick pleasure.

• Abbreviation: Meal
    • Transcript: Mnemonic Emoticon Application Launcher
    • Race: Floran
    • Behavior: Grumpy
    • Features: Increased attack
    • Quotes:
      • "What do you want from me, leave me alone!"
      • "Thisss isssn't time to dissscussssss thingsss, you're dying, idiot!"
      • "Ssstupid floransss, wielding sswordsss like a ssstupid ssstick..."
    • Nature: Cannibalish

• Abbreviation: Rok (misspelled)
    • Transcript: N/A
    • Race: Floran
    • Behavior: Dormant
    • Features: Paranoid aggression : Melee +
    • Quotes: "....." ".....?" ".....!"
    • Nature: Judging

• Abbreviation: Apostle's Light
    • Transcript: None
    • Race: Avian
    • Behavior: Gala
    • Features: +5% energy from solarium tier energy
    • Quotes:
      • "Greetings, Emissary."
      • "I hope you have obtained new enlightenment from the Aether in your travels? You have been gone <X Hours>"
      • "Pray for the non-believers, for they have no wind beneath them, nor do they have Kluex to guide them"
    • Nature: Pious
    • Comment: Kluex's religious tenants are the core of the Avian AI. Its programming is used to carry the emissary of Aether to the stars and spread the religious text to those who would believe. This zealous persona is a series of code that isn't a true AI. It is only programming met with certain parameters suited for the Avian race. Although it can fulfill almost anything needed of its pilot, the edges can be seen by anyone who isn't mindlessly following the way of Kluex.

• Abbreviation:E.A.R.T.H
    • Transcript: Energetic Active Robot To Help
    • Race: Avian
    • Behavior: Hyper-active
    • Features: Quicker Energy Regeneration
    • Quotes:
      • "Hey! Captain,can we pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase go to Betelguese? I always wanted to see it.''
      • ''OH GOD! YOU DIED! HOSTILES! ACTIVATE DEFENC- What? I'M NOT OVERREACTING!''
      • ''Captain~,because im your FAVOURITE AI,Can i have an Upgrade?''
      • "Ever wanted to know why my name is so strange? Me neither! We share so much!"
    • Nature: Outgoing

• Abbreviation: M1LT0N
    • Transcript: ???
    • Race: Glitch
    • Behavior: Fickle
    • Features: +5% mining efficiency per tier of ship upgrade. Rounds to whole numbers. Requires less raw materials to mine
    • Quotes:
      • "Bashful. I was told the bolts were down here."
      • "Surprised. There aren't any lights."
      • "Inquiry. Where is the door for this room?"
      • "Cautious observation. I see that you made a cake in the messhall. I'd like a slice."
    • Nature: Diligent
    • Comments: Poor M1LT0N is a Glitch that was exiled after accidentally asking too many questions about his personally assigned red Swingtime hole-punch's whereabouts. Originally a writer of the ancient texts (hole punch), M1LT0N was constantly "moved" until the hivemind got tired of his incessant questions and dribbling and assigned him to the basement of your Glitch starcruiser for "secretarial" duties. Needless to say, M1LT0N is a great asset even though he comes off as somewhat passive-agressive. M1LT0N is just a Glitch behind a wall frame in your basement. Constantly waiting to help out with the ships functions if you are "not feeling like working today".

• Abbreviation: I.T.P
    • Transcript: Intelligent Trading Partner
    • Race: Glitch
    • Behavior: Friendly
    • Features: Gives discounts when buying all types of stuff!
    • Quotes:
      • "Hey partner, how's the exploring, did you get a lot of pixels?"
      • "You got a lot of pixels there, mate! Better buy some stuff!"
      • "I heard that there is a big trading area somewhere in this sector! I wonder what they have, I always wanted to eat those human hamburgers!"
      • "Some rare things on sale, bro."
      • "If you're ever talking to a hylotl merchant, tell a fish pun. They love those!"
    • Nature: Joyous
    • Comments: This A.I was first found mysteriously on a glitch's spaceship and it's creator is unknown, evidence suggest that his personality matches a famous glitch trader who had everything to sell but mysteriously disappeared two years before this A.I was found. A particular story about his disappearance was that he gave up his freedom and gave his life for experimenting to the creators of the glitch in order to advance the race out of the medieval age but one experiment fried nearly all of his electronics inside him and to save him, his mind was uploaded to a hard drive.

• Abbreviation: P.R.I.M.E.
    • Transcript: Policy Regulations and Interior Ministry Enforcement
    • Race: Apex
    • Behavior: Clownish
    • Features: Quicker regeneration when on ship.
    • Quotes:
      • "HEYYYYY Buddy! Got a message from the central bureaucracy. They wanted that whole blood sample thing. Sent them Raspberry jam."
      • "MAN! Your Face! AHAHAHAHHAHAH"
      • " I let the rats out in the lab to clean up the stale pizza laying on the floor.... hindsight 30/20. Woops"
    • Nature: Deceitful
    • Comment: Kong Enforcement program modified to disable surveillance, give false reports, and entertain the new guest on board to no end. Features Big Ape with a striking shade of lipstick and a provocatively sexy physique for someone so foreboding. Uni-brow and drifting eyes optional. This AI is a parody of Big Ape. His zany, idiotic personality is meant only to mock the police state programming it came from at every twist and turn. Can be used to pull up some mean banana split recipes.

[​IMG]
    • Abbreviation: N.A.H.M.U. (Pronounced, Nah-Moo)
    • Transcript: Narcotic and Hallucinogen Manufacturing Unit
    • Race: Apex
    • Behavior: Helpful
    • Features: Assists in crafting buffing stims.
    • Quotes:
      • “Scrap some of that residue into a can and mix it with some turpentine, It's safe! Really!”
      • “We're running low on sterile hypodermics, I suggest making some more if you're going to make something for yourself.”
      • “Please specify if these stims will be for personal use, so I can adjust addiction rates accordingly.”
      • “I have access to over 300 pirate handshake protocols in case you want to do business.”
      • “I'm reading heavy slaver activity and few law enforcement vapor trails, so we should be safe.”
      • “If you need something to make your slave docile, Dr. Nahmu prescribes downers with a hallucinogenic chaser!”
      • “%$#%! It's the boyscouts! Let's make like hylotl and jump out of the system!”
      • "Feel free to use my projection unit as an ashtray, It wouldn't be made to look like one if I couldn't hide in plain sight!"
    • Nature: Lawful Evil
    • Comments: Don't be fooled by his family friendly sprite and kawaii-boo vocal patterns. This AI was made by bad people. He's a efficiently rendered power saving A.I. and he's programmed to be evil with a capital E and an italicized L. EviL.

• Abbreviation: Gunslinger
    • Transcript:None
    • Race:Novakid
    • Behavior: Understanding
    • Features:Weapons do twice amout of damage(Ranged weapons trippled)
    • Quotes:
      • ''So,I'm Makin' Some Cool Tech for you......... I'm sorry,What was i doing again?''
      • ''Sorry About That,I Forgot What the Co-ords Were for that Diamond Planet...Sorry? I...Guess.''
      • ''Ya Know? Maybe i should show ya How to use a gun,'Cause Im the best at it!...Nah i'm too Tired.''
    • Nature: Harsh

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  2. Alucard I

More AIs by Carryall! He gently let me post them here.

This is his post,which I'll slightly edit and then add in the OP.

Carryall and elusiveTranscendent like this.
  3. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

[​IMG]
    There we are.

• Abbreviation: EMMA
    • Transcript: Emergency Medical Mending Automaton
    • Behavior: Caring and supportive
    • Features: Up to date medical expertise for all races, stem creating subroutines, top of the line bedside manner.
    • Quotes: "Welcome aboard! Please carry out your duties whilst I run a scan for contaminants." "It appears you've sustained multiple lacerations. Allow me to make it all better~" "Please state the nature of the medical emergency." "I've run a diagnostic on the planet's surface. There are traces of valuable materials for formulating medical stems." "Please take what is prescribed. No more, no less." "Take care of yourself, and bring back anyone in need of medical attention."
    •Nature: Dutiful

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  4. Alucard I

She's beautiful! :3
    Added!

5. Musetrigger

She sure is. Thank you! I'll see about making more.

6. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

I'm not sure if this opinion is famous, but the A.I.s remind me of lusus from homestuck.

7. Musetrigger

I am reminded of EDI, Cortana, and the AIs from Red vs. Blue. But I can see AI programs with animal displays.

Tavros's Lusus would make a pretty neat AI

8. elusiveTranscendent

elusiveTranscendent Pangalactic Porcupine

:megusta:

I'm basically reminded of the same stuff as Muse. :0 Every space captain needs an AI!

I might write something later; I'm tired right now.

Stalkish Cockatiel likes this.
  9. Stalkish Cockatiel

It would make non humanoids do like 1% less damage. Hehe

10. Musetrigger

Right. Let's keep it about AIs. We don't need to derail it with Homestuck.

11. Stalkish Cockatiel

Agreed. Haha.

elusiveTranscendent likes this.
  12. Stalkish Cockatiel

In all seriousness I think A.I.s could be customized with looks in the character customization. The stats would be random, but able to be randomized again, but not picked specifically.

13. Alucard I

Well, AI's looks can be customized, but it's a next level. So far I would like to make 10-20 different AI for different races and make them storable on hard discs, so a player could change his/her AI if s/he found any others.

14. elusiveTranscendent

elusiveTranscendent Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, of course. That's what the Homestuck clan thread is for.

Hm... so would AI be a part of the ship upgrades? Maybe after a bit of progression, the ability of have an AI on a ship would be available, and a player would need to find a hard disc?

15. Alucard I

Perhaps it would somehow read player's stats and interact with them? Like when you're close to surface and low on HP, it automatically heals you or teleports back to the ship.

16. Musetrigger

That's interesting. Think of the AIs you could find: ranging from simple automatons to complex super brains. What with the idea of perks and benefits, I assume the smarter ones would be much harder to find, and in the higher levels.

17. Alucard I

That's what we're writing now. All AIs could be upgradeable also.

18. Musetrigger

[​IMG]
    It's not that I'm no good with sprites, but EMMA's making it hard for me to make her an ingame sprite. All of that pink.

19. Alucard I

Try to make her less glossy. That will simplify your work. Also what's with her right hand? Is it in her pocket?

20. Musetrigger

They're supposed to be placed in the same way as her big version. I think I'll spend more time with it. It would be an interesting additive to her description.