1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Coordinates Megathread

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Izzabelle, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

Kick arse! I got a bit lost whilst spelunking, so simply went down and right when I found a wee bone biome, and lo! the chest with the goat skull! Floran very happy now. ◠‿◠ Thank you sssso much.

Just wanna add my experience with Epsilon Quatraz 28 II a (X: -7, Y: 7 for those not clicking through to the Steam post):

Heading right from spawn, I found a few rainbow chests on the surface and slightly below the surface. One subsurface rainbow chest contained a rainbow wood helmet, and took some digging to access. Look for an area that looks like the screenshot I have attached to this post.

Another subsurface rainbow chest is underneath one of the giant statues inside the floran temple-like building farther right. I don't remember what it contained. Somewhere along the way, I got a rainbow cape--the sparkly kind, sadly. If anyone has coordinates to the cape that drops roses, please tell me!

I also got a rainbow sword (2h, swing speed 1.19, 232 damage per swing) which, if you're not aware, looks like a katana.

Attached Files:

2. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Hello, Coordinates Megathread! I know I've been away a while. I'm sorry if you've missed me. I know I've been a terrible explorer, not posting any of my finds to you. But here, I'll make it up to you - an entire system full of loot. These were found on a multiplayer server, running Windows 7.

In the interest of space and my sanity, I've had to abbreviate a bit. For all of these worlds, loot is listed in the rough order you'll encounter it if you head right from the spawn point. Just lap the planet and you should get all of the things I point out below.

For Ocean worlds, make sure you lap the planet twice! Once on the surface with a boat, the other walking the seafloor.

The System
    Epsilon Euterpe Majoris
    Eccentric Star

X: 851178999
    Y: 442193987

EPSILON EUTERPE MAJORIS I
    Ocean, Moderate
    Clear, Rain, Thunderstorm

Surface Crops - Banana, Pineapple, Coconut Trees
    Ocean Floor Crops - Coralcreep, Reefpod, Kelp Trees

Surface Loot - Hawaiian Skirt, Water Sword in a Small Chest
    Ocean Floor Loot - 2 Snorkel, Tricorne Hat in Small Chests

EPSILON EUTERPE MAJORIS Ia
    Arid, Moderate
    Clear, Rain, Wind, Dust

Biomes: Arid Forest, Boneyard
    NOTE: Surface liquid is Oil!

Surface Crops - Currentcorn, Thornfruit Cactus
    Surface Features - Avian Town (Golden Ducky)
    Surface Loot - Human, Apex, Floran, Hylotl Skulls; Bone Blueprints in Bone Chests

EPSILON EUTERPE MAJORIS Ib
    Snow, Moderate
    Clear, Snow, Blizzard

Biomes: Snowy Plain, Stone Cliffs

Surface Crops - Automato
    Surface Features - 3 Minibosses,
    Surface Loot - Alien Alpaca Sweater x2 and Stone Blueprints in Stone Chests; 3 Sword Stones (might have to delve into surface caves for one of them)

EPSILON EUTERPE MAJORIS II
    Snow, Moderate
    Clear, Snow, Blizzard

Biomes: Snowy Plain, Glowing Snowfield

Surface Crops - Automato
    Surface Features - Exiled Glitch King's Home
    Surface Loot - Glowing furniture blueprints, Light Bow, Light Sword, Light Helm, and 2x Bio Shirt in Glowing Chests; Fancy Snowman; 2x Snow Infantry Pants in Small Chest

EPSILON EUTERPE MAJORIS IIa
    Snow, Moderate
    Clear, Snow, Blizzard

Surface Crops - Automato
    Surface Features - Apex Jumping Puzzle Lab, 2 Minibosses
    Surface Loot - 3x Snow Gun, 2x Snow Infantry Chest in various Small Chests

EPSILON EUTERPE MAJORIS III
    Snow, Moderate
    Clear, Snow, Blizzard

Surface Crops - Automato
    Surface Features - None
    Surface Loot - Survival Gear Backpack, 2x Snow Infantry Pants various Small Chests

EPSILON EUTERPE MAJORIS IIIa
    Desert, Mostly Harmless
    Clear, Dust Storm

Biomes: Desert, Reed Oasis
    HEALING WATER in Reed Oasis

Surface Crops - Cacti (sapling), Beakseed, Feathercrown, Kiwi, Reeds
    Surface Features - Miniboss
    Surface Loot - Bedouin Chestpiece in Small Chest

EPSILON EUTERPE MAJORIS IV
    Ocean, Moderate

Surface Crops - Banana, Pineapple, Coconut Trees
    Surface Loot - Harp in Large Chest, 3x Seashell Shield, 2x Water Sword, Water Gun, Rum Barrel, Hawaiian Skirt in Small Chests

Seabed Crops - Coralcreep, Reefpod, Kelp
    Seabead Loot - Deep Diver Helmet, Snorkel, Oxygen Tank, 2x Pirate Pants in Small Chests

EPSILON EUTERPE MAJORIS IVb
    Desert, Mostly Harmless
    Clear, Dust Storms

Biomes - Desert, Tar Pit
    NOTE: Surface Liquid is OIL!

Surface Crops - Cactus (saplings), Beakseed
    Surface Features - Miniboss
    Surface Loot - Lead Guitar in Small Chest, Tar Blueprints in Tar Chests

Pfew! That was quite an expedition. Was it good for you too?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    Kiena and Roselle like this.
  3. Lascaille

Lascaille Seal Broken

Mac OS X

There's an airship to the right on this planet. Epsilon Omega Cap 129 VI x: 989817432 y: -17131250

Airship coordinates.png

4. ELYmod DLR

ELYmod DLR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Windows 7 64bit Operating system(using the 'Launch Starbound' button)

```````````````` Alpha Harobed 17 ``````````````

FileName from Universe folder - 422_396_-62952236_7
    Name: Planet iv
    Star Type: Fiery
    Threat/Biome: extreme / dead planet
    Co-Ords: X = 422 / Y = 396

-From spawn, head left towards Glitch castle. One screen before castle bridge, the grey stone turns int tan stone at the base of the hill. Dig straight down past micros until you see the Outpost bunkbed micro. That Red mining chest holds your Electric Bass Guitar(red) instrument. Right and slightly down, is another of this same Bunkbed micro...red chest is...Overdrive Guitar(White "V") instrument.

-Glitch Castle, bottom chest= Wizard pants, Magic Scroll backpack, pixel. Middle top chest=Wizard pants and wizard shirt, Shield kite gold trim 235. Left tower chest=wizard hat. Globe in room, 2nd story right side.

Roselle likes this.
  5. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't find any bone biome for the life of it, i dug where he said where to dig, and around it, i just cannot find any bones, its all either sand, cobble, ice, can't find that mask.

6. ELYmod DLR

I've reset that planet, so I'll rerun route and see if I can't put better instructions. While I do that, see if this one works for you sir...

```````````````` Gamma Delta Cep 822 ``````````````
    FileName from Universe folder = -57_-47_-47864211_5_5
    Name: Planet iv d
    Star Type: eccentric
    Threat/Biome: Moderate / Ocean
    Co-Ords: X = -57 / Y = -47

Measurement guesses are done on 2x zoom setting at 1920x1200 graphics setting.

Looks like NINE islands total!

- Drop off left side of Spawn Island for chest=Oxygen tanks, snorkel and Silver Drill.

-Chest=Pirate pants on seafloor near right edge of 7th island right from spawn island

- 8th Island right from spawn Chest=Hawaiian Chest shirt. So...one island left of spawn

:)

-DIg straight down from spawn, pass one Plantmatter micro, and fall on mud above another one. DON"T DIg...walk left through chokepoint, clear chest, keep going left to Bone Chest=Goat Skull mask. Nothing of note happens going down main shaft. Explore for more Bone if you like.[DOUBLEPOST=1424402317][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I've reset that planet, so I'll rerun route and see if I can't put better instructions. While I do that, see if this one works for you sir...

Located a Back Spear...

FileName from Universe folder = -57_-47_-47864211_5_2
    Name: Planet iv B
    Threat/Biome: Mostly Harmless / forest

- Go Right from spawn about 9 screens is a Mushroom Village, past that about 3-4 screens is a hilltop cut up with crevices and in one there's a Chest=Tricorne hat. Beneath
    that chest is another chest=Sword legendary Eyesword Gazing Hacker 126 dps. I dug to core from here...nothing of note below it.

- Left from spawn One and a half screens is water in a crevice. Dig in the left side of this. Like the width of 2 shiplockers from its left side. Go straight down til you hit
    Tar and fall into the cave., Tarpit Chest= Back Spear back pack item. Chest is colored just like the Tar block, but you should fall right onto it.

Roselle likes this.
  7. Drakaden

I've dug, went past the 1st plantmatter, dug until the second one, but there was no mud, only cobblestone, and the left direction leads to a scaffolding room, no chest and no bone biome, i dug further left and found a floran class room, i'm not sure if those directions are accurate...[DOUBLEPOST=1424404336][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Confirmed you can acquire it, i have one in storage, but i don't know which planet i got it on.

Roselle likes this.
  8. ELYmod DLR

On re-visit of Quatraz, I've fine tuned some parts...and removed some as well. I reset planet twice to be sure, and my spawn was easily two screens different between them. Once almost at right edge and once near the middle of the island. The majority of run is still same 2 of the apex micros were different but still apex micros.

Here is my quick re-do of that part:

```````````````` Epsilon Quatraz 28 ``````````````
    FileName from Universe folder - -7_7_-41942588_3
    Name: Planet ii
    Star Type: Eccentric
    Co-Ords: X = -7 / Y = 7

Right of spawn is a patch of pinkish sandtone.This patch is roughly THREE screens from the right edge of island and has a small group of charcoal in it, and more under it..Dig through island and dropped down to sea floor...kept digging...2nd Ice caveI fell into had Ice Chest=snowflakes and green stims. kept digging shaft and went through some clay and hit an Apex micro(spoked wheel design with Junk tech blocks in background) Tech Chest=Pistol plasma 137 dps.

-dig down a hair and fall into cave. walk left and jump into top branch path to get to a Domed Apex micro(one screen). Cool chair, zappy circle wall design, lots of collored bottle Alarm red light, Medic bay wall symbol.

-back to shaft, and this time take lower branch to left one screen, dig downbarely...tiny square Apex micro with just a Tech Chest=Blank Tech Card.

-from shaft, dig down half a screen and break through right cave wall, Tech Chest=Blank Tech Card.

-back to shaft, down 2 screens and you'll see Tesla Spike Apex micro off to left. Tech Chest=plasma shotty 190dps.

-back to shaft, screen down and Apex micro on right.(REMOVED 'DOMED")NEW- continue down shaft....another Apex wheel micro on left.--end

-back to shaft, dig down and drop into Ice cave. Walk left and dig left to a Apex micro...Tech Chest=pistol plasma 143 dps.(REMOVED 'over poison')

-back to shaft, dig down til you fall into cave with some bones ticking up(NEW-At least 5 screens down)and then dig a few block more down. Bone sticking up beside a Bone Chest(Tan color with a horizontal red line at opening)= Bone Shotgun 184 dps, Bone pistol 136dps, Rocket launcher 183 dps, and bone table blueprint.

-NEW better description- Back to shaft. You'll dig through a cross crevice, and then shaft opens into cavern. In left side is left another Bone CHest on a ledge in room=Goat
    skull mask hat, and another bone blueprint, This is only a screen or so below first bone chest..-end

-back to shaft, down til you see lava on left..chest submerged=axe 210 dps electric. Not worth the effort really. Core is close screen or so below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll check rest of it, and then fix the STEAM post .

AS far as the Gamm Delta location, I Found that minutes before I posted, but it is possible that I'm losing my mind :) I'll reset that planet as well and give it a go. We'll get you a goat !

EDIT: reran 2nd skull location...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

++++RERUN OF PLANET.... my spawn this time is near right edge of island..about halfscreen to the right from before. I could see the 1st plant micro i mentioned-to my left this time. Once lined up the rest was dead on. Reworded dig zone.

FileName from Universe folder = -57_-47_-47864211_5_5
    Name: Planet iv d

Looks like NINE islands total!

- Drop off left side of Spawn Island for chest=Oxygen tanks, snorkel and Silver Drill.

-Chest=Pirate pants on seafloor near right edge of 7th island right from spawn island

- 8th Island right from spawn Chest=Hawaiian Chest shirt. So...one island left of spawn :)

-DIg straight down from lowest point in the center of spawn island, pass one Plantmatter micro, and fall on blocks above another one. DON"T DIg...walk left through chokepoint, clear old chest, keep going left to Bone Chest=Goat Skull mask. Nothing of note happens going down main shaft. Explore for more bone if you like.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

If this is still not working for you, double check that the chest with snorkel/oxygen/drill is present . Maybe its putting you on other island?

Hope that sets you up my friend.

9. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Gamma G Sco Majoris V
    Radioactive Alien planet
    x: 4779674 ; y: -563258178
    ------------------------------------
    Not far to the right of the spawn is an eye chest containing:
    All Seeing Cape
    Terrifying Eye Hat

---
    Other surface chests contain:
    Looker Annoyance (shield)
    Alien Furniture Blueprints
    Eyeball Furniture Blueprints

--------------------------------------
    Windows 8.1, (64-bit)

10. MaliciousMoron

MaliciousMoron Tentacle Wrangler

Uh, I found the outposts, but I didn't find a red mining chest... Glitch castle, outpost, etc. but...

EDIT: I found the outposts, but no guitars in any chests...

11. ELYmod DLR

***ReRun****
    Spawned at wizard tower this time!! chest = Employee Sword(legendary Heroic sword) 522 dps/522 per swing. Headed left a bunch of screens. past a double clump of wartweed, just after these, the stone goes from grey to tan right at hill base. A old chest is up on the hill, over the hill is the castle. Standing on top of the blocks where the color changes...I dig. I eventually fall into cave with a bunkbed micro. Red chest= misc crap..ore/pixel and sheild. Down and right is 2nd bunkbed micro...chest is again misc crap..ore/torch /nano.

When I found these guitars, I went back to the first bunkbed and dug straight up. I knew that a poster was looking for these exact 2 guitars on steam, and wanted to get it right....not sure what is up with this change, as well the difference in a few micros concerning the Goat Skull write up. Makes me wonder about the last updates... At least the skulls were still in both places... Maybe special chests don't change?

Here's another guitar right at where I spawned...see if it's there for you.

-- -- -- -- -- --
    FileName from Universe folder - -58_-52_-138091855_10
    Name: Planet Vi
    Star Type: Gentle
    Threat/Biome: Mostly Harmless / Forest
    Co-Ords: X = -58 / Y = -52
    - Flower chest at spawn = bass guitar instrument(charcoal color). Cotton trees/ Rose bloom trees.

EDIT: added special chest speculation.

12. Nerva

Hello, Coordinates Megathead! I have been diligently exploring for you! And I come bearing gifts; another system full of loot! Got some real treasures this time: seldom-seen cosmetic gear, some musical instruments, some interesting structures with useful quest items... maybe even a legendary weapon or two!

This was all found on a Multiplayer server, running Windows 7. As before, I had to abbreviate a bit in the interest of time and sanity. For all of these planets, simply run right from spawn and lap the planet. You should find everything I point out in surface chests. For Ocean worlds, you'll have to lap the planet twice - once on the surface, using a boat to cross between islands, and once undertater, walking the seafloor with a nanosuit on.

Well, down to brass tacks. Here's the lowdown on this system...

The System
    Epsilon HM 225
    Eccentric Star

X: 851178992
    Y: 442193988

EPSILON HM 225 I
    Ocean, Moderate
    Clear, Rain, Thunderstorms

Surface Crops - Pineapple, Banana, Coconut Trees
    Surface Loot - 3x Seashell Shield, 2x Hawaiian Chest, Pirate Pants (Red Sash) in Small Chests

Seabed Loot - 2x Deep Diver Helmet, 2x Snorkel, Tricorne Hat in Small Chests

EPSILON HM 225 Ia
    Ocean, Moderate

Surface Loot - Pirate Bandana, Hawaiian Skirt, Seashell Shield, Rum Barrel in Small Chests

Seabed Loot - Deep Diver Helmet in Small Chest

EPSILON HM 225 Ib
    Tropical, Risky
    Clear, Rain, Thunderstorms, RADIOACTIVE

Biomes - Tropical Forest, Giant Flower Forest

Surface Crops - None?
    Surface Features - Apex Military Base (Dispenser Pod), 2 Bandit Packs
    Surface Loot - Giant Flower Blueprints in a Flower Chest

EPSILON HM 225 IIa
    Forest, Mostly Harmless
    Clear, Snow, Rain

Biomes - Forest (Metal Trees?), Mushroom Biome
    EXPLORER'S NOTE: This is a weird one. The spawn is on the side of a cliff, leaving you standing on just one block of cobblestone. Also, the trees are metal, but drop normal wood, instead of metal-coated wood.

Surface Crops - Tomato, Carrot, Coffee Beans, Sugarcane in Agaran Farms
    Surface Features - 2 Agaran Villages, Avian Pool
    Surface Loot - Hiker Jacket, Hiker Trousers in Small Chest; Shroom Furniture Blueprints in Mushroom Chests inside Agaran Village

EPSILON HM 225 IIb
    Arid, Moderate
    Clear, Dust Storms

Biomes - Arid Wasteland, Rainbow Forest

Surface Crops - Thornfruit Cactus, Currentcorn, Grapes
    Surface Features - Avian Shop, Miniboss, Avian Sacrificial Tower
    Surface Loot - TERMINITE in a Small Chest; Yellow Paintgun Blueprint and Rainbow Wood Pants in Rainbow Chests

EPSILON HM 225 IIc
    Ocean, Moderate

Surface Loot - Oboe in Large Chest

Seabed Loot - Shark Hat, 2x Oxygen Tank, Snorkel in Small Chests

EPSILON HM 225 III
    Snow, Moderate
    Clear, Snow, Blizzard

Biomes - Snowy Plain, Stony Cliffs

Surface Crops - Automato
    Surface Features - Tent Encampment, Miniboss, Igloo, Apex Town
    Surface Loot - Snow Infantry Helmet, 2x Survival Gear Backpack, Snow Infantry Pants in Small Chest; 6x Sword Stone; Pirate Pants (plain) in a Stone Chest

EPSILON HM 225 IIIa
    Snow, Moderate
    Clear, Snow, Blizzard

Biomes - Snowy Plain, Glowing Snowfield

Surface Crops - Automato
    Surface Features - 2x Exiled Glitch King's Home, Captured Mutant Apex w/Cultists, Floran Temple (Large Carved Bone)
    Surface Loot - 2x Survival Gear Backpack, Snow Infantry Pants in Small Chests; Fire Sword in Large Chest; Light Helmet, Biolumin Mask, Light Bow, Glowing Furniture Blueprints in Glowing Chests

EPSILON HM 225 IV
    Ocean, Moderate

Surface Loot - 2x Hawaiian Skirt, Pirate Pants (red sash), 2x Seashell Shield in Small Chests

Seabed Loot - Oxygen Tank, Deep Diver Helmet in Small Chest

EPSILON HM 225 V
    Ocean, Moderate

Surface Loot - Seashell Shield, 2x Water Sword in Small Chests;

Seabed Loot - 2x Tricorne Hat, Pirate Pants (plain), Shark Hat, Pirate Coat in Small Chests

EPSILON HM 225 Va
    Desert, Mostly Harmless
    Clear, Dust Storm

Biomes - Desert, Reed Oasis
    EXPLORER'S NOTE: HEALING WATER in Reed Oasis

Surface Crops - Cacti, Reeds, Kiwi, Beakseed, Feathercrown,
    Surface Features - Miniboss, Caged Mutant Apex w/Cultists
    Surface Loot - Reed Furniture Blueprints, Blowgun in Reed Chests

EPSILON HM 225 Vb
    Forest, Mostly Harmless
    Clear, Rain, Snow

Biomes - Forest, Mushroom

Surface Crops - Tomato, Carrot, Coffee Beans, Sugar in Agaran Farms
    Surface Features - 2x Agaran Village in Mushroom Biomes, Floran Temple (Large Bone Carving), Sewer Network
    Surface Loot - 2x Wild Fungus Skirt, Mushroom Sword, Mushroom Shield, Mushroom Furniture Blueprints in Mushroom Chests; 3x Hiker Backpack, Strap Legs, Male Microphone, Safety Helmet, Saxophone in Small Chests; HEROIC SWORD in Large Primitive Chest inside Floran Temple

Ahhh... I am so sick of ocean worlds now. Going to a different star type next time.

13. ELYmod DLR

For your next 'too soon' Ocean adventure, this was just posted...
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/personal-submersible.2710/

Thanks for all your co-ords.

14. Drakaden

I tried your rerun on the 2nd planet for the goat skull, when i went down the spawn island to the left (I take it left is --->) there was no chest, i had to walk a bit further to the left to find a chest which was to the right of another island, which only contained an oxygen tank and some random loot, not exactly the specified loot table, so i am at a loss for the directions, chances are i'm not spawning at the same place at all.

EDIT: I kept running a looong time to the left to find that silver drill oxygen tank and snorkel chest, but i eventually found it, i confirm it is under a totally different island. The location of the chest is also inaccurate in my planet version, it's under the right side of the island it is located under.[DOUBLEPOST=1424447287][/DOUBLEPOST]
    How can you get tired of water, water and more water? You can never tire of water, especially when you have to walk snail speed into it across the entire planet! /humorous_sarcasm

Thanks to your finding, i got a red sashed pirate pants though, been looking for that.

Any chance you count a pirate jacket? The white one that goes with the red sash pants, not the buccaneer coat.
    Or a wedding dress top? That looks crazy fitting with the sash pants on a female character.

15. Nerva

Ah, you're welcome. Thanks for the tip, but I don't use mods. Even if they are tempting. It's not even the annoying mechanics of ocean worlds that irks me, it's the fact that the loot is utterly samey and gets boring after a while. Any world gets that way when you've looted nearly a dozen of them over the past two days.

I kinda post 'em as I find 'em, so no I haven't found those yet. If I do, however, you'll find 'em in this thread, with the rest of my looting sprees. If you want to find the top that matches the red sash pirate pants, I suggest looting ocean worlds as I have, or finding Avian Airships and killing absolutely everyone aboard. Stands to reason that pirates can drop pirate clothes, right?

16. Drakaden

Platform: Windows 8.1 64 bits
    Version: Upbeat giraffe stable

Coords: x: 851178979 y: 442193992
    System: Fiery star
    Name: Alpha Rho Leo 78

Planet: Rho Leo 78 II
    Type: Unforgiving volcanic terrain

Surface loot of note: One large chest contains the pirate jacket (Joke: Description says "did those pirates ever went to sea?" Look at yer surrounding and you'll have yer answer)

Dungeon loot of note: Found a Hammered Dulcimer (musical instrument) in the floran dungeon on this planet

Planet: Rho Leo 78 III
    Type: Dead planet cooked by sun

Encounter of note: Avian airship

Planet: Rho Leo 78 V
    Type: Dead planet cooked by sun

Encounter of note: Small avian shop market (Clothes and food)

17. cooldrewo

cooldrewo Void-Bound Voyager

looking for hiking clothing if i can get the cords please

18. DogsRNice

DogsRNice Void-Bound Voyager

[​IMG] win 7 64 bit
    avian temple and a what seems to be a glitched prison

19. Nerva

Look at my latest coordinate post. It has 2 forest worlds that, between them, will give you a full set (jacket, pants, backpack) of hiker gear.

20. Muffenman

Muffenman Aquatic Astronaut

it works
    ty man may shrek be with u