1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Unstable Update - What's in it?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Platysaur, Jan 26, 2015.

1. 1nfinitezer0

1nfinitezer0 Cosmic Narwhal

If you have a back up, you could roll back your whole Starbound installation and universe to before the update, gather all your stuff and then use the Verify Game Integrity in Steam to force the update. This worked for me. I tried copying the world directly or seeing if the headers could be changed and there didn't seem like an easy way.

2. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

I can confirm improved performance everywhere except desert planets during sandstorms; I can barely pulse jump then. But that's probably my video card.

Corrosive Gun spew doesn't last nearly as long.

Microdungeons. Lots and lots and lots of them. At one point I saw a mining outpost every 100 spaces or so.

Lunar and (harvestable) Outpost recipes and items.

3. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Isn't that intentional. To simulate the strong wind? Rather than a performance thing?

4. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

I got MM and Interact to change, but I couldn't get Inventory to swap from I...

5. namikenji

namikenji Void-Bound Voyager

i found this when i try to climb under outpost base :V no ads ;)

6. Teh Freek

Teh Freek Void-Bound Voyager

When your system is chugging along at 1.5FPS then there's a good chance that it's a performance thing (yes, my computer is way down at the bottom of the system requirements).

7. Fleshdancer

Fleshdancer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm on the low end of the spectrum too and I've seen a metric ton of improvement FPS wise. I used to dread falling into caverns because I could literally not jump out without running into a wall. Now the game runs pretty smoothly in most cases. Except Apex dungeon and the Outpost. I am so happy right now.

Beathrus likes this.
  8. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I keep finding small, square outpost rooms below ground on an Ice world, Is that new?

9. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Starbug and Jbeetle like this.
  10. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Yes. There doesn't ever seem to be anything inside the chests though. :(

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  11. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oooh, Well, I stole most and scanned what I could. I even found one with vents and fans on a roof. The table and chair is pretty nice.

Salvaged* >,.>

The | Suit likes this.
  12. Blake81

Blake81 Cosmic Narwhal

Dunno if anyone noticed but a new, smaller patch was added after last night, and now I can run it without issue. It seems that whatever was broken was fixed quickly.

Scratch that. Now I crash as soon as I go down to the planet. Same error as before.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  13. namikenji

namikenji Void-Bound Voyager

14. Riku9563

Riku9563 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There seems to be a win64 folder indicating 64bit support for starbound however I have only been able to get the win64 starbound_opengl.exe to work because starbound.exe just crashed when I tried to running it

15. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

It's from the unstable update that was released in december.