1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Unstable Update - What's in it?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Platysaur, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Platysaur

Platysaur Big Damn Hero

Could anyone fil me in on the new Unstable update that will be rolling out at 6:53 for me? (weird time)

2. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Everything done the last month.

Including such thing as a sign maker in the outpost, and being able to find schematics for the lunar stuff on the lunar mission (lunar bunk beds, lunar storage, etc). (the whole lunar mission in general including the boss feels aloot more polished).

Some optimization, some bug fixing. Lets see... what more... empty astroid belts.

Theres more too, but this is all i can remeber of the top of my head.

Fresh Ears, TheFloranChef and renbear like this.
  3. Platysaur

Platysaur Big Damn Hero

Sweet! Sounds fun. Thanks!

4. MrHat

MrHat Void-Bound Voyager

Can confirm that planets have been reset.

5. Beathrus

Beathrus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A whole bunch of sexy

6. X3meblue

X3meblue Master Chief

A whole bunch of lag...really..i was so excited and installed the new update some minutes ago,
    only to see that the lag at the outpost increased. And what they do? Put inside more gigantic enemies
    for even more lag happens? Please please please, optimize your engine! A 2d game is not for lag
    on a modern processor with 2 Cores!

Splignarth likes this.
  7. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I can't really say it's as optimized as i want it to be, but the outpost is 50-60fps in all areas (the middle being the lowest fps). And that was while recording.

Also, is dual core still considered "modern?"

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    Cloudhopper and Dankvader like this.
  8. namikenji

namikenji Void-Bound Voyager

anyone can tell me anything new from update ? :unsure:

9. MakeMeMad

MakeMeMad Void-Bound Voyager

My only question is if each new character starts on a different planet again yet. Like, if I make one character and then warp down to a planet and build, the next new character isn't gonna end up on the same planet, right?

10. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

God, I hope they don't.

MakeMeMad likes this.
  11. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Really annoying noises.

First, I thought I could live with it, but after five minutes it became really annoying. These "combat noises" are not only rather silly, it's also totally weird when playing a female character. I would prefer if my character returned to be a silent warrior. I really wish to turn this off. I don't know who came up with this idea.

12. namikenji

namikenji Void-Bound Voyager

i think i found new item set but you need /admin and write /spawnitem something youneed and need to fail it got the green block pick it up and you can craft and i call it
    [​IMG]

The | Suit likes this.
  13. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Tried a new character, build something at a spawn. Create another character, beamed down - and encountered the stuff I put there with my last character. So yeah, it seems we still start on the same planet. Disappointing.

Pingeh, MakeMeMad and Jbeetle like this.
  14. Full Metal Kirby

Full Metal Kirby Phantasmal Quasar

Could always just unpack the pak file, and replace them with more fitting ones (or with a blank file) if they bother you.

15. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Link grunts.

TheGoldenKibby likes this.
  16. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Oh, sure, it's only me, I'm wrong because my female character shouts out in a manly manner. Yes, I'm as a customer am totally responsible for that. So, why shouldn't I also bake my bread myself instead going to a baker then?

17. MakeMeMad

MakeMeMad Void-Bound Voyager

Aw dangit. Thanks for trying it out and letting me know, but that really dampens my enthusiasm for the update already. Maybe somebody'll make a mod that does it...

Pingeh and Beatrice like this.
  18. Full Metal Kirby

Full Metal Kirby Phantasmal Quasar

I wasn't implying you're wrong (I've not bothered to listen to them yet, waiting until the stable update to bother checking out anything new), merely giving a solution to a problem that is, in fact, a viable answer.

Not everyone is going to like the sound picked, no matter what it is -- hell, I'm pretty sure not everyone liked it being completely silent either.

Cloudhopper and Beatrice like this.
  19. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

I'm less for grunts every time they swing, and more for sounds every time something less often happens, like taking fall damage, or making them vomit because they ate a bad meal, or making them scream in pain because they're on fire. Now that, I can get behind.

TheFloranChef and Beatrice like this.
  20. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Keybind gui. A much needed feature.
    Although it seems to only partially work...