[UNSTABLE] Content Updates & Bug Fixes!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 1, 2014.

1. mollygos submitted a new blog post:

[UNSTABLE] Content Updates & Bug Fixes!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2014
  2. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

I saw random blood and immediately got hooked for something unstable ...
    and a daft punk reference. neat.
    EDIT: mind if i reffer an item?
    BACKPACK. or someone help me mod something openable in the inventory

Josh Adamik and PositivAndroid like this.
  3. jakeroo123

jakeroo123 Void-Bound Voyager

Cool stuff. The file size stuff is especially nice for those of us with low bandwidth.

Treasure hordes sound quite interesting... though I can't imagine their purpose... Do people live in nothing but treasure or something?

... Also, was that post re-named like, two times in the space of three minutes?

Israphial and Ciaran_D like this.
  4. Sartorius

Sartorius Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can we actually use the treasure, or is using the treasure items for monetary value a bad idea similar to that of paying for a meal with monopoly money?

What, pray tell, were the "extra boring bug fixes" you mentioned?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2014
    Exxil3d likes this.
  5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Meteor showers are less likely, eh? Let's hope that leads to slightly less complaining.

Cell Materia, Daimoth, Tamorr and 4 others like this.
  6. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Seems like they tend to be typos and uncalled functions/functions that do nothing/edge cases.

You know better than that.

7. Jonesy

Note that I said "slightly". By which I mean...little or no change.

GearXmL likes this.
  8. renbear

renbear Cosmic Narwhal

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! It's so good to see patch notes for the content-only patches. Please continue posting them!

D-16, Blue Hair, TheWalrusNet and 4 others like this.
  9. UnsoundM

UnsoundM Subatomic Cosmonaut

Next update, every planet has meteors and acid rain constantly

Gelu, Morsus98, Devasin and 13 others like this.
  10. jmlop0

jmlop0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

DONT GIVE THEM IDEAS!

11. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Nah, Acid meteors. That explode into lava on impact.

12. Jonesy

And a world / universe / ship wipe.

13. Claith

Claith Big Damn Hero

Curious about the lack of a version string, but that is a decent step forward for the short term. I do hope it reverts after release of the game when less engine updates will pop up. That head piece is something I'll have to get now though. My Aragan spiky mushroom head is getting a bit old and smelly.

Earthboundtothestars likes this.
  14. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

The version issue is because people think they can just add and remove mods without ever having any issues, so there's an update and they remove all their mods, then wonder why their inventory/player/ship is broken.

Also, a dozen "I get this error" posts.

vanella, Tamorr, Liktorn and 2 others like this.
  15. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Well good to see things have gotten more detailed.
    Definitely signs of improvement.

Thats less likely.

Jonesy likes this.
  16. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

I played just recently and would like to voice my displeasure about instruments stopping after getting hit. Sometimes I like to play music while I'm running across the surface, or act like a bard and play music for my friends but it ruins it when I get hit randomly.

17. Lan EX

Lan EX Void-Bound Voyager

It will make a change, you bet. Yet they can't be blamed --when you experience meteor showers every 20 seconds and the planet's surface start looking as if it were the battlefield of a Worms' match. Well, you cannot say it isn't annoying at least.

By the way, I'm not sure if I missed something, but in order to get the biome/dungeons updates is it still necessary to wipe the universe? (Not sure if a save updater has been implemented yet, I guess not)

18. Lumireaver

Lumireaver Void-Bound Voyager

Also a new weather. Gamma-ray burst.

Brighter in ten seconds than the our sun is in ten billion years, a gamma-ray burst would literally blow the atmosphere off of your planet. If you're unlucky enough to be on the surface of the planet while it happens, you'll become super irradiated. This would either kill you instantly, or permanently turn your skin green.

Naturally, it would have a 90% chance of happening as you're beaming down from your ship.

Gelu and lzanagi like this.
  19. odverb

odverb Aquatic Astronaut

this is a repeat post. I have posted it twice elsewhere, but now this thread exists it is clearly the place for it......

I have found a small problem in the unstable version...

My character was already upgraded to tier 10 but was unable to make the skyrail crafting table. He was able to make durasteel, however..

The fix was to re-apply all the starmap upgrades up to the durasteel tech upgrade... Fortunately I already had a full set ready to use on a friends server (if he ever stops playing Star Wars The Old Republic)... Even more fortunately, the upgrades are not consumed when you use them.

20. Kousuiryou

Kousuiryou Aquatic Astronaut

I saw "Apex micro dungeon changes" on the list.
    Would this explain why when I was playing earlier and went through a whole Apex jumping puzzle for tech, at the end there was no tech? It just seemed to stop and there was natural dirt wall where the chamber with the chest would have been. This was also on a new character I had made; starting from the beginning, so it was a new planet I hadn't been to yet.

Change568 likes this.