Modding Help Ugh, what ? How is that even possible ?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Soranayo, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Soranayo

Soranayo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, i just found a bug, and i found it kinda funny, so i'll just share it here.

Moments ago, i told myself " Well, i'm going to try the Nightly build ! ", thing is, i'm stupid, and i forgot that i had my mods still active on the folders, thought that i was a bug with my computer, and rollback'd to normal ones, funny fact, noiw that i'm trying to use few mods ( Bees, and Ore farming, mostly. ) some recipes ask me Solarium rods, so i tryed to put two solarium ore in the furnace, and i had a Solarium star... In a non-nightly build. Which, is, normally, only for them, right ? It's both strange and irritating, since it's stopping my progress. http://puu.sh/bCy5j/f54670885a.png, i'm here to both share and ask for help, here. I'd hate having to re-install totally my Starbound.

Also, wrong sub-forum, if anyone passes here can move me over there, that'd be sweet.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  2. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

So that's not nightly? That's odd. Check if any of your mods adds features from nightly builds into the game.

3. Soranayo

That's the thing that was bugging me, i don't have any mods like that. I do have a lot of them ( Lots of mods, i mean. ), but none like this one.

4. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

I want a bug that replaces every npc with ponies.

Tymon and The | Suit like this.
  5. Soranayo

That won't happen, probably... Hopefully.

6. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Well that's probably due to the game's files not updating properly when you were switching between versions, happened to me in the past in various games.
    Re-installing the game should fix that one (as long as you backup the mods, not sure you should do the same with your character).

7. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

Reinstalling might be too much, try deleting the assets folder and asking steam to verify integrity of cache might work.

8. Soranayo

I already tryed to recheck the files after deleting the assets, and it's still here, well, guess i won't be able to make solarium plants after all :rolleyes:.

9. Feathery Dust

Did you delete your character? Otherwise it might not fix it

10. Soranayo

I moved it away of the gamefiles, temporary, and took an old Tier 10 character i used a long while ago, before i modded my game. Still nothin'.
    ( See here : http://puu.sh/bDWff/ed86258581.png )

11. Feathery Dust

Try starting a brand new character, it might work. I recommend using a mod to spawn the items in so you won't have to work your way to the right tier just to see if it works.

12. Soranayo

13. captaindestroy123

captaindestroy123 Void-Bound Voyager

there's a mod for that "THE PONY MOD PACK" it adds pony npcs

14. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

I know. But i want one that replaces EVERYTHING with ponies.

15. Soranayo

There is a non-modded vanilla Pony plush, if i remember well, though. You'll have to find it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  16. Non-modded & non-vanilla? How is that possible?

Also this isn't really the right place for this conversation. The issue was brought on by someone using modded assets. Also if your mods are designed to work for the nightly, maybe one of them is manually changing the solarium. I also don't remember there being a solarium rod in vanilla to begin with.

17. Soranayo

Heh, Corrected, and yeah, i asked to, if possible, move this into the Bug section (Or, in the good section if this isn't the right one.), i am well aware of the fact that my game is modded, and that's why i chose to post it here in the first place. Because i though it wouldn't fit anywhere else. And yeah, i've got one or two mods that can work on the nightly, i'll check if one of them is touchin' on the crafting/furnaces recipies, or something. Thanks for pointing me the way.

18. captaindestroy123

captaindestroy123 Void-Bound Voyager

hey Soranayo what mods are you using that make your character look like that??

19. Feathery Dust

If you mean the first screenshot it's the Avali Race mod.
    EDIT: In that screenshot there's also armor from the Catalina Industries mod, which is an addon made for the Avali mod.

Setsy likes this.
  20. Soranayo

I'm useing the Avali mod, for the race i'm useing and for two cosmetic parts, the legs (Combat Armor, or something like that. ) and the torso which is easily findable, since you can have it directly when you create your character. As of the headgear, it comes from Catalina industries, which add more cosmetics for Avalis, it's the dragoon helmet Dyed in White/silver. Which is why i'm useing the Dyeing mod aswell.

Setsy and Feathery Dust like this.