1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

StilleBound - Which path would you take?

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by SexualRhinoceros, Dec 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SexualRhinoceros

SexualRhinoceros Existential Complex

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Have you lost your character in one of the recent wipes or do you want to have a modded experience without the hassle of downloading the mod and screwing around in the files for it to work? If so, the public server was made for you!

Upon joining you get a 4 room ship and are given every legendary weapon inside the ship's storage along with 2 modded guns located last in the storage. You are also given 7 quests that can give you different items based on what mods you want, including all the metal and tech with 100 Trillion pixels, all tier 10 guns / armor, vanity items, instruments, and every other random item that's cool that I could find! Finally, we implemented custom scripts that make it so spawners output every merchant in the game and many more small features!

If that doesn't sound like your thing, we also have a vanilla private server you can join that's main focus is building and having plain vanilla fun! Post below following this format to be considered:
    If accepted, a member of the staff will try and get back to you ASAP with instructions on how to connect!

-Make sure you read this before going into either server-

Several things happen on the servers at the top of each hour:
    • The starbound server binary restarts. This is to counteract the open socket bug that is currently on this version of Starbound (We do have the open socket fix in place, but due to the binaries still being in beta, its not the most RAM friendly binary around).
    • Due to Alpha and Beta being the two sectors that gets depleted of resources the fastest (plus the fact that if anyone will do any griefing they would most likely do it in either one of these sectors), we also delete all Alpha and Beta files daily. That being said, do NOT make your home in Alpha or Beta. It WILL get deleted. We do this because we want to make sure the first two sectors are always pristine for our players. Make sure you use your Ship as your house until the third sector. A home built there and beyond is safe from the hourly wipe.​

We also try to keep griefing and maliciousness away from here. So, that being said, here are the basic rules:
    • No thieving from other players ships or homes. People work hard on their builds as do you. Respect other peoples stuff.
    • No unwarranted PvP. This means if you login, and just start walking around, killing people, you will get banned.
    And yes, we can BAN people, so if someone griefs you, post on this thread, and we will act accordingly.

Forums:http://forums.stillevande.com

Public Server Information: The public server is open to the public, and is the modded server. Anyone can access this server at any time.
    Connect to:
    URL:
    public.stillevande.com
    Check Status: http://public.stillevande.com:8080

Private Server Information: The private server is a vanilla server that is password protectd for our forum members. In order to get the password for the server, you will need to register on our forums.
    Connect to:
    URL:
    private.stillevande.com
    Check Status: http://private.stillevande.com:8080

TeamSpeak Server: We have a TeamSpeak server for our registered members. In order to use the TeamSpeak server, you will need to get the password from our forums.
    URL: voice.stillevande.com:7309
    -DONATION INFO-
    [​IMG]
    Upon donating, you'll receive the ability to spawn in any item you want, the ability to build on spawn, and you'll get a purple "[VIP]" tag! Just put your in game name or forum name in the info when donating and you'll be promoted or reached out to for the promotion!

Can't donate? Vote for us on starbound-servers.net and on starbound.serverlister.com and up vote our reddit thread here to help spread the word about us! Also if you like the server, like this post so I know I'm doing good as well! :D

Have a question about how I did this? Shoot me a tweet
    @yaboymac_ as I'm not frequently on here!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  2. SexualRhinoceros

The server's back up!

Purerock100 likes this.
  3. AeonsAlex

AeonsAlex Phantasmal Quasar

This will be fun for Beta, since characters get wiped a lot :D Thanks for the great idea. I hope you put more mods in as time progresses!

4. SexualRhinoceros

no problem! Just added about 20 more items and a way I can continuously add items without new characters needing to be made every time!

Purerock100 likes this.
  5. AeonsAlex

Seems that I can't connect. I keep getting 'Client connection failed! Error connecting to 'twinksrus.dyndns.org' port '21025'. I think this is a bug with starbound, so I'll keep trying :) How did you do it btw?

6. SexualRhinoceros

I edited quest files using the item ID's that I found. Took a good day to get the right syntax for everything. Also, I just put the server back up now. I was having trouble with the repeatable quest

Purerock100 likes this.
  7. SexualRhinoceros

The server is back online!

Purerock100 likes this.
  8. SaintPanda

SaintPanda Cosmic Narwhal

It says there is an error connecting to the sever; can't connect

9. SexualRhinoceros

I started the server back up, it was giving random errors.

Purerock100 likes this.
  10. SexualRhinoceros

Server's back online and now has modded guns, a modded shield, and rescripted npc spawners so now they'll spawn every type of merchant who sells level 40 items!

Purerock100 likes this.
  11. Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito)

Kirigaya Kazuto(Kirito) Phantasmal Quasar

Lol gonna be fun for when all my stuff gets wiped away (and my hard work building a house) :(

12. Istanicas

Istanicas Yeah, You!

Im in, going to be nice getting a head start again after characters get wiped.

13. Lord Fatso

Lord Fatso Void-Bound Voyager

Servers down???

14. SexualRhinoceros

they shouldn't be. restarting them now

Purerock100 and Lord Fatso like this.
  15. Purerock100

Purerock100 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm laughing so hard from all this!
    I love this server :DD

Edit:
    #FirstPage!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
    Lord Fatso likes this.
  16. SexualRhinoceros

I'm glad I could help you out :D Hopefully I can get this hosted soon so it has a 100% uptime vs the current like 30% :p

Purerock100 likes this.
  17. SexualRhinoceros

also, if I dont see that they're down and I'm not responding in like 5 minutes, yell at me over Twitter to get my ass on it, much faster that way!

Purerock100 and Lord Fatso like this.
  18. Istanicas

Istanicas Yeah, You!

I cant join the server is it down?

19. AeonsAlex

You think theirs a way to hack in a hoverbike for the quests?

20. Beleve

Beleve Intergalactic Tourist

Is the server up?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.