1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Treasure Biome

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Degenerate Pixel, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Apple Juice

Apple Juice Pangalactic Porcupine

I VEEL VIND EET VIRST!

Scarletting likes this.
  2. Damiano de' Caretti

Damiano de' Caretti Cosmic Narwhal

Well,what matters is that someone just finds it!

3. Melona

Melona Big Damn Hero

While it's not a treasure Biome, I have settled on a semi Earth-like planet that has a few sub-biomes underground.. including a Heck biome layer, I do believe. Found a Heck Altar and a Heck Chest containing Skeletal Wings while digging around there.

Coords are Beta Sector X -69365312 Y 98948125 Beta Beta Sci Majoris III

Good luck, my fellow treasure hunters!

4. Dragcun

Dragcun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Still hunting and no luck finding the Treasure Biome yet....but still looking....but I got a about 100 planets that are now missing like.....70% their original mass and with my luck the Biome will be in the 30% left over on one of the first planets I started digging on lol

Dargona1018 likes this.
  5. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Just so you guys know...
    ...it's a generated structure, not a biome...

6. Dragcun

I figured it was a structure but everything I have read on it calls it a Biome so I refered to it as such. Also what type of blocks would the walls be made of...so far most of the info I can find in only on the treasure inside these things not the actual rooms/structure itself. It may not seem like much but I figured knowing info could help maybe narrow down where the dang things are hiding.

7. TheBigBlueSerpent

TheBigBlueSerpent Existential Complex

If it was a biome with caves the caves would collapse causing a lot of lag, This is because the treasure hoard blocks have gravity! It must be a structure.

8. Ponjkl

Ponjkl Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was walking on a desert planet and fell to a big cave, and the I saw a light, I went down and there was: the treasure dungeon!, but then I woke up :(
    really, i had this dream today

Dragcun and Dargona1018 like this.
  9. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Existential Complex

You know you play too much Starbound when you are:

10. Dragcun

Ya......while I like playing this game it hasn't entered my dreams yet...but on the off chance....did the dream give you any CC? lol

11. Ponjkl

Ponjkl Subatomic Cosmonaut

What does CC mean? cancer cure? cool clue?
    Anyway, here is an illustration of the dream, if you find a place like this and you are esotheric, dig.
    [​IMG]

Pixelstomp likes this.
  12. Dragcun

Still looking...and still a big whopping nothing.....though I did get struck by a idea....these rooms have to be coded to look for spefic features before they appear right? So I am wondering if its possible they are coded to appear on a planet that has say...a Avian Pirate ship or Glitch Castle on the planet? Those 2 places seem to be the types of areas that would have the rooms in the first place....I very well may be be totally wrong here but I figured it might be worth a look see at this point

13. Really, the fastest way to find this is to use a 3rd party program to analyze the planet map. If/When you don't see it on said map, move onto the next planet.

14. Dragcun

True but with the number of planets this game generates it seems like you could easily miss it...course looking for it you could easily miss it but that's beside the point :p

15. Fatal Glitch

Fatal Glitch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The structure is not that big, from the generation template it is around 20? x 45? (Guessing based off of image)

16. JennShii

JennShii Pangalactic Porcupine

This might be a tad off-topic, but it still has to do with big ol' rooms full of GOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!
    Before I continue, no I haven't found anything, I just got a neat idea. :whoop:
    What if there was a kind of classic quest where you need to slay a dragon or big beastie that terrorizes a nearby village. It lives in a cave nearby, you can tell it's the beast's cave because of the spooky carcasses and skulls at the entrance maybe. It could either be a mini-dungeon with a few of the monster's minions or maybe it's the alpha of a herd of sorts? Anyways you need to push down the cave a tad and along the way there are a few little loot boxes or hollow useless armor sets of fallen adventurers who failed the quest (or whatever) and in their "chest-piece" (get it? it contains items... >.>) there's like a sword or gun or something. ANYWAYS you press on until you find the "boss" of the "dungen" and it's all like "MURRR" and tries to kill you. You beat it and junk and maybe it drops a monster trophy like it it's a beast with big long boneclaws it gives you them so you can prove to the quest-giver that the beastie is dead. Now that the "boss" is dead the walls of the dungeon can now be destroyed or mined (it's better if they are immune until you finish it otherwise you can easily cheat!) and behind the monster's den is a TREASURE ROOOOOOM!!!! The End. :love:

17. Dragcun

A interesting Idea......but let me ask a question of my own...HAS ANYONBE FOUND THE BLASTED ROOM YET!?!?!?!?!?!

TheFudgement and Serenity like this.
  18. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

[​IMG]
    I suspect someone has already used this GIF here, but..

19. Dragcun

Don't think anyone used that here before...but it fits. So...the search continues.......sigh......WHERE ARE YOU TREASURE ROOM!?!?!?!?!?!

20. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I think I may have found it onceā€¦ it was like a tiny Avian tomb with a bunch of chests and some pots. Probably just some un-important microdungeon though.