1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Traveling to other planets crashes my game

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Krakhi, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krakhi

Krakhi Void-Bound Voyager

I have already made a post but got no help so I'm making another one and maybe this will go better..

So since I bought the game on Monday I basically can't play because once I travel with my ship to another planet the game crashes, I know that this is a Beta and crashes are going to happen but I see people playing on youtube and they are not having these problems. I don't think this could be my pc since I have played the game with almost no FPS problems in a pirate version (playing this pirate version of the game made me see I wouldn't regret getting the game, just like I did with terraria) and I can travel with no problems in that version.
    This is what show's up when I try to travel on the steam version of the game:

Cap23turar.PNG Captur2ar.PNG

And my starbound.log if it helps http://pastebin.com/0r1FhTxz

2. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Ran out of memory.

Post your dxdiag.txt

(You might try using the OpenGL version instead. We have been told it uses slightly less memory.)

3. Krakhi

well in OpenGL I was able to travel but I can barely move because I have really bad FPS.. and that doesn't happen in the other mode(the normal one)
    What I find weird is that in the pirate version I can travel and I dont have fps problems :/

edit : well I went and looked at the task manager while running the game and yes for some reason it said 1.000.000 k +(not the actual value)

but on the pirate version it's only 400k / 500k o_O'

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  4. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

I don't know which version of the game you were using when it was pirated, but it probably wasn't Current.

Since you're using 32-bit Win7, 2gb is the maximum memory that can be allocated for the game by default.

You have 3gb of RAM installed, but it is likely divided up as follows:

1gb - OS
    358mb - DVMT (Video RAM)
    ~358mb - DirectX (VRAM mirror)
    ~1.4gb - Starbound

You can try decreasing the amount of RAM dedicated to the videocard, there should be a setting for this in the Intel video control panel. There may also be some OpenGL settings you can adjust to improve the OpenGL performance.

You could upgrade your RAM to 4gb, but I can't promise that would help much (if at all). The extra RAM may end up being allocated to the VRAM.
    ---------

Tiy stated in a tweet that they were going to attempt to reduce the amount of memory usage during Jumps in a future update, so this may simply be a case of needing to wait for the next patch or two.

5. Krakhi

well I don't know if it actually is but it also says Angry Koala... maybe it's not I don't know .. but oh well thanks

6. bartwe

bartwe Code Cowboy

The jump animation is very large, looking at splitting it up for the next patch

7. Krakhi

well thanks for coming here bartwe :) ok I guess I'll wait for the next update to see if it works

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.