1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Titanium ore, is that a myth?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NANOKARMA, Feb 1, 2015.

1. NANOKARMA

NANOKARMA Phantasmal Quasar

I have been searching around on moderate danger planets, digged near core, no titanium found.

Im the only one with this problem?

2. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm fairly sure you can only find Titanium on Risky-tier planets - as in, Radioactive Stars. If you're on Moderate planets(i.e. Eccentric Stars), you're still on Steel tier.

STCW262 likes this.
  3. Niner-7

Niner-7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

You should go to a radioactive star and search for "alien planets"

4. Splatulated

Splatulated Scruffy Nerf-Herder

isnt there a quest that requires titanium long before you have access to radiation tech though making it impossible to go to a radioactive planet before paw ?

5. warxy

warxy Phantasmal Quasar

I found them in a ocean planet in a moderate star system near my home. You just have to dig deep enough.

6. NANOKARMA

NANOKARMA Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, but for some reason, they are extremly freaking rare.

7. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

rng... and don't dig near the core for the stuff... I usually just follow caves...

If you dig around when you see lava everywhere, you must have tolerance or blind determination... Anyway I think it best digging around middle, as that seems best results. I usually got mine on a jungle planet. Well all that I needed for a full set. But that could be rng being good to me in the generation.

yes it is on medium planets, follow other ore veins and sometimes you might find you picked it up as well. Granted though on higher difficulties it appears to become more vast in finding it. That is like any ore even diamonds.

Try digging half way between the surface and that obsidian layer. If you find a cave follow and look around with the MM to determine if there are any in the walls... That is all I could suggest really.

8. Space Ace

Space Ace Void-Bound Voyager

Found Titanium on a moderate Ice World, dig down deep enough - I wasn't at the core yet.

9. checkman123

checkman123 Subatomic Cosmonaut

mostly find it in SNOW planet yea. Go to snow planet for titanium

10. Niner-7

Niner-7 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I could go to a radioactive planet before I had radiation tech. Was in unstable tough

11. Slywyn

Slywyn Existential Complex

I found a crapton of Titanium on a moderate ocean planet.

The | Suit likes this.
  12. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

For some reason, some worlds in Eccentric Stars(all of which SHOULD have it) wind up generating pestiferously little of the stuff.

You do have to dig a bit deeper for it though - it doesn't start spawning until you've nearly reached the layer where unusual underground biomes appear.

13. ChYta

ChYta Space Hobo

MYTH?!?!

14. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Jareix Cryvix and Jonesy like this.