The Worm Hole

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by TehEpikMonk, Feb 26, 2012.

1. TehEpikMonk

TehEpikMonk Spaceman Spiff

A quick warning: I have no clue how traveling in between worlds work, so this may or may not be possible.

My idea is the Worm Hole. It's possibly the hardest planet/environment in the game, filled with dangerous enemies but rewarding loot. Also, depending on how the storyline plays out, it could be where the final boss is.

The Worm Hole appears as a travel option when you've beaten all other bosses (because there should be bosses) and fully upgraded your spaceship.

When attempting to travel there, you'll get a warning that it's very dangerous and you're not likely to survive. If you choose to continue, you'll be transported there.

What's odd about the Worm Hole is that it combines elements of a ton of different planets. It sucks up monsters and plants from the planets closest to it. However, the monsters become darker, stronger versions of themselves.

For example, a penguin would become all black (except for its red eyes) and be faster, stronger, and harder to kill.

There are also new monsters there as well.

There are gigantic terror birds that swoop down and attempt to pick you up and drop you.

There are clowns that run at you and try to bite you. (It reference)

There are UFOs that shoot lasers at you.

And then there's the the spaceship.

It's the unknown enemy that blew up your planet, and it's HUGE.

Inside are Aliens, Dead Astronauts, Experiments (randomized monster hybrids) and Dead Scientists. Throughout the spaceship, there are beakers and sciency things, as well as broken vats of fluids (where the experiments were held). Somewhere in the spaceship is the Core, and this is the final boss.

The Core looks like GlaDOS with a head resembling a quadraxis from Metroid Prime Echoes. It realizes that you are an unauthorized life form, and it wants to exterminate you. It shoots pulses of energy, and also summons drones to try to kill you. After taking enough damage (which is represented through dents as well as health) it begins to shoot lasers as well.

Finally, at its final stage, its brain shows underneath its plating. If you manage to hit the brain enough, the whole thing explodes in a gigantic explosion, and you get a Legendary Weapon. This weapon is one of the best in the game, and it could be anything.

Inside the spaceship is the only place you can harvest Red Matter. To do so, you need a Mark IV M.O.M. device.

Once you exit the spaceship, the main storyline is over and you can go wherever you like. However, similar to Skyrim, the credits don't roll.

Brought to you by Innovative Ideas Inc.

Boss inspiration/information from Sammyrocks555

2. Marsgreekgod

Marsgreekgod Big Damn Hero

Black holes do not work that way.

sounds like a good idea

3. TehEpikMonk

You act as if a video game has to be true to life.

4. Marsgreekgod

It's a pet peave of mine, when black holes don't work anything like black holes.

Make a worm hole that leads to a deadly place like that and you got my support

5. Gusty

Gusty Pangalactic Porcupine

Imagination.

6. TehEpikMonk

[​IMG]
    Good or bad?

cyborgluigi likes this.
  7. Gusty

Gusty Pangalactic Porcupine

*saved image*
    I love you. No homo.

8. Sammyrocks555

Sammyrocks555 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i think the core should be kind of GLaDOS-ish with a head resembling quadraxis from metroid prime echoes.

9. Sammyrocks555

ill make the thread if you havent already.

10. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

I like the idea of worm holes...
    but you know what would be interesting...if there was a big element of DANGER when using one. meaning there would be only a 50-50 chance of survival!

11. Marsgreekgod

I think he already got that covered

12. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

well I forgot to go into detail (plus need to read more...but too lazy and tired)
    Depending on the ship's CAPABILITIES and armor, THEN you can go through a wormhole...some ships would have an easier chance then others...

13. Marsgreekgod

I don't like such a thing happening I what happens if your ship DIES?

do you just lose everything?

14. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

well...anything that was on the ship...weapons....people....ham sandwhiches... :3
    ''CAPTIAN...WE LOST THE RUUUUM!!! D: "

15. Marsgreekgod

I don't like it.

To harsh for something you can't effect with gameplay, would suck for people that it happened to to much

you only have one ship

16. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

Not if you have a planet...build another one.
    The people and some equipment MAY not be replaceable though 7__7

Remember, when near a wormhole... TREAD CAREFULLY!!!

17. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

This idea has merit, but I am still excited to see what a threat lv 100 planet is like.
    for all we know it could be worse.

18. Sammyrocks555

The threat would be 9001.

19. Space Sphere

Space Sphere Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do not want this game to have a final boss.
    Space is infinite.

Gumdrop Meadowz likes this.
  20. TehEpikMonk

But you've got to defeat the enemy that destroyed your planet eventually, right?