Modding Discussion The Starboundgate Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by whitepinkbun, Sep 14, 2014.

1. whitepinkbun

whitepinkbun Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ok so I am the most diehard stargate fan that exists...

STORY
    The galaxy is set in one the destiny was travelling through when the last of the ancients left there ship and started a new civilization filling the planets with the potential for life, the ancients adventually developed a way to leave the universe back to the milkyway galaxy the life on these seeded planets grew into a few different races, the ones in starbound at the moment and a few others.

At the current point in time replicators who learnt of destiny from an ancient database has set along destinys course in an attempt to capture and assimilate it. Arriving at the premensioned galaxy the replicators seek to assimilate the current races before continuing on its path.

GOAL
    Now I am hoping for roughly just under 10 or so for each species they will play in groups with there species and there will be trading etc between species.... I want to if it is not included add spaceship battles a stargate system with iris etc etc I want to also add the need for electricity and many other systems.... if you think you would be interested in joining my server upon 1.0 let me know.

The central theme is stargate and er realism....

CHANGES

Ore
    Bars
    "Workbenches"
    "Item Components"
    Food
    Replicators will be a constant threat invading planets and ships alike also will be possible to explore infested planets!

Also was thinking that players will be able to come up with technology such as weapons and the likes and put forth the theory if accepted the server will be updated with the new stuffs xD

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  2. Unless you have modding abilities to do this yourself, no one cares. This thread will just die like the hundreds of other "super leet ideas" by the typical Ideas Guy

Boshed, The | Suit and danks_ like this.
  3. whitepinkbun

whitepinkbun Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have 8 years of programming 10 years of spriting and a "I reallllllyyy want this attitude." I will be making this mod and more then anything I'm just looking to see if there would be enough people interested besides my closeknit group of friends.....

4. Best of luck to you then.

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

As for famous saying of all time goes
    "If you make it, they will come'

It really does not matter in testing the water in many cases. People can say many things. But in the end of the day it is the end result which matters. For example the "Bee Mod" - I don't believe people ahead of time so many people would have been so interested in farming bee's/ It was the fact the mod developer did such a fantastic job, it became popular.

As well as numerous other mods out there including Skullz colony mod.

6. DuduMasterBR

DuduMasterBR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can't wait to see this mod working!!!!!