The Star Veterans V1

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Shark, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Protectors of Galaxies, Since Early 2012

Welcome to the Star Veterans' thread. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Shark, the leader of this clan.

We are the Star Veterans; a group of space travelers who seek to cleanse the galaxies of evil. With our extraordinary skills in teamwork, combat, justice, and leadership, we can extinguish any threats that come into sight, expanding our friendly benevolent empire. Our grouping is split across seven factions, each group with a unique skill set: The fearless Pilots, cunning Spies, iron-hearted Soldiers, the life-saving Medics, restless Builders and Inventors, the wildcard Demolitionists, and the genius Researchers. Above our faction leaders is the Veteran Council, a team of members that I absolutely trust. The council helps me run the clan and recruit new members.

We are currently allied with Clan Infinity, The Knights of Aura and the New Floran Kingdom.

My Goal is to create a fun, special group of exceptionally nice people that can socialize and game together. When Starbound is released, we plan to create a giant server for us all to thrive on and play with each other. In the future we have planned many roleplays, as wells as a Story Arc "adventure" set up on Starbound, made by myself and some of the other members. I have the right to deny any one access to the clan, with or without reason.
    Together as warriors and tacticians we will take down the evils of space and forever protect the galaxies.
    We are able to host servers for clan gaming! A dedicated server for Starbound is likely.

On a distant planet, a race of humans once lived. Now, all but one of the former inhabitants is dead. Only twelve years after this boy’s birth, a violent raid was launched upon the human’s planet. He hid from the invaders and watched in horror as they killed his family and friends, along with destroying the many cities he had grown to love. But the greatest loss in his mind was that of his pet Selachii.

After the raid was finished, the young man stood on the rubble of his civilization. And he was angry, heartbroken. He spent the next entire year of his life searching through the rubble, trying to survive. And when his stomach was full and his health recovered, he was determined to find out who had brought down this demise on his life.
    No clues remained within the ashes of his homeworld, however, so he built a small space shuttle to fly him around the galaxy. He wasn’t really sure what he was looking for. Other survivors who’s lives who had been destroyed, maybe?

Following the second year since the horror, however, he found a hope at avenging their deaths. In the lab of an inhabited planet, one which the boy had snuck into unauthorized, he found a list of coordinates. Of the coordinates was that of his former home planet. The others were unfamiliar, except there was a pattern. Every other coordinate was the same, meaning that he had found the return coordinate; his enemy's home. After recording the location of his enemy on a notepad, he proceeded to exit the planet and escape to his starship. However, he was captured by the planet’s forces and brought aboard a shuttle headed for a prison facility. His crimes, however, were unfamiliar to him. He’d been framed.

Aboard the vessel, the boy met two other fugitives, a Human and Hylotl, supposedly innocent. With the help of these two, he was able to escape his sentence by taking control of the ship with his new friends.

However, they were unable to stay airborne, and crashed into large nearby planet. With the exception of these three heroes, and two others, the entire population of the ship died in the crash. The boy, along with his two acquaintances, awoke to find that the other survivors had raided the crashed vessel and fled.

The boy’s memory was lost in the crash. His new friends, with thanks for helping them escape, promised to help him recover from his amnesia. They introduced themselves as Shinisamu and Dario, and, because of a shark tooth they had found in the boy’s pocket, began to call him “Shark”.

After finding the resources necessary for space travel yet again, the three took off to search for a cure to the memory loss.
    They stumbled upon an old, supposedly abandoned Space Station. Once on the station they met up with a strange Avian man who referred to himself as “Panda”. The man felt sympathy for Shark’s amnesia and led them to an old lab designed for brain manipulation and study. Shinisamu and Dario, under the instruction of Panda, were able to re-program the lab to tap into Shark’s mind and send a surge through it, hopefully restoring his memories.

The process was a success. Shark, however, did not like what he remembered. The horrid memories of destruction and death flashed back into his consciousness, and his emotions seemed to shatter. Aboard the space station, which was now their home, Shark secluded himself in his chambers for several weeks.

Upon his reappearance, however, he was a different Shark than they had met on the prison vessel. His cheery moods that he had during his amnesia blended with his emotional hardship from before. Yet he still craved for revenge. Not on the enemies, however. On simply evil itself.

Panda proved to be quite the amazing recruiter for the Space Station’s new purpose. It would serve as the headquarters for a force. A force of seven races that would travel the galaxies, ridding the universe of evil. Each of them have their own recruitment stories, and the conjunction of them all formed this force; a clan. They called themselves the Star Veterans, and their impending conquests shall be legendary.

[​IMG]
    Respect
    I expect all the members of The Star Veterans to show respect to other members of the forum, Chucklefish, the views and religions of others, and follow all the rules of the forum, which can be found here.
    Think
    By signing up for the clan I think you've made it pretty clear that you have a funtional brain. Please go by the old saying; "Think before you post." Do not try to stir up arguments, and if you are about to post something that you think might cause an argument or make someone feel uncomfortable or offended, do not post it.
    Enjoy
    I created this clan for fun. There's nothing really more to say about it than that. We aren't some sort of "elitist" group", and I wouldn't like any of the members to think or say that we are. If you are denied access to the clan, or are removed from it, please don't take it personally. Don't hold grudges. If someone said something that offended you, just let it pass. Someone will handle it. Again, we just want to have fun ;)

[​IMG]
    Please PM Your Applications to Shark or Panda
    Username:
    Reason for Joining:
    Name of the three policies:
    Self-Title [to be shown in the member list]
    Faction (Pick One; Pilot,Medic,Builder/Engineer,Spy,Soldier,Demolition,Research):

[​IMG]

--------------------
    Veteran Council
    Shark: Leader
    Dtb290: Advisory of Leaders

Seb: Advisory of Leaders
    Panda: Master of Recruits

Pilots and Navigators
    Mothership Pilot: Ripin

Panda, Seb, RikSharp, Ripin, Mastercreate66, Daedalus, Norluck, Redseven, $4R4H

Infiltration and Spies
    Director of Intelligence: MoursiFanshawe
    Captain Mcmanface, Dunamax, MoursiFanshawe, Shasta, Jornut, Elijah, Taleon, Damuranashi, Grokmin, WhiteRook, GravityFlux, Brotodile, mechaplat, TwistedCodex

Snipers and Infantry
    Head Marksman: Retrospect
    Retrospect, Chaoseagle, Vesuvia, Hugt, AuraKnight, Gravik, Mandalore36, Valen, steelraptor53,Wolf_1557, Deathbringer, VitalGuard, Knivez5, Darkhenge, Miss Leijon, Vanderous, Sazaraki, Stalkish Cockatiel

Demolition Unit
    Master of Radiation: GunnmanRex
    GunnmanRex, TheWalrusLivesInMe, Tiny Master of Music, Thatamazingperson, Rabbit, Soul93, Manillian, Dynamonsta, Redweevil, WilsonTheBall, EnergyProExtreme

Directors of Medicine
    Surgeon of Space: ArcticDragonX
    Pigrocket, Shooting Star, Ellie396, Arctic Dragon, WoxandWarf, dr_takumi151, Melomie, Wuzhles, tonedragon, Octopie, fabledClockwork

Builders and Engineers
    Construction and Invention Overseer: Admiral Obvious/Valkon
    Admiral Obvious, playerjerry2, Orialcum, Seadar, Clemonster, Neon Ai'Toruu, Flying Potato of Doom, Cloudhopper, Yaxlat, Valkon, Happyvader, Ander, dragozing, FreshSheet, Ketoth,nuggetjune,Navar0nius, deplhia1, Techno9200

Research Team and Strategists
    Head Genius: Mopy

Mopy, Blackleaf, Prophet of Deception, Jimiboy666, Chjon, Shooshy162, Dtb290, Woodrow. MaceToTheEyes, Pepp1391, themightywizar, harnackam, Rasphelon, Julie, Knowva1​

Here's a list of our members and their (Self-Proclaimed) titles
    Shark- The Leader
    Happyvader- The Apprentice
    Oricalcum- The Alchemist
    Dtb290- The Sniper
    Admiral Obvious- Needs more gun
    Valkon- The Thaumaturge
    Playerjerry2- Master of Puppets
    Retrospect- Jawbox
    Tiny Master of Music- The Future Sound
    Taso- The Ramming Hero of Justice
    Pacific- The Blue Wonder
    Seb- The British
    TheAmazingPerson- The Simplest Member
    Doomhawk5- Captain Doomhawk
    Mr.Braun- The Braun
    Shooting Star- Crescent Lightning
    Noble- Panda-king
    Cynic - The Mastermind
    Ripin3- Reaper
    Barnsley- Doctor
    MoursiFanshawe- The Chicken God
    Panda- The Assassin
    recentteen14- Fluffy kitty guy
    Arctic Dragon-Noble Guardian of the Tundra
    Manilian- Manilian the Wrinkle in Time
    Enemarius86- Yo
    Blackleaf- Bold Deciever
    Jimiboy666- The Archivist
    TheWalrusLivesinMe-Beast puppy
    Kanage- The Oblivious
    Shasta- Intergalactic Soda
    pigrocket- The Burninator
    Jedesis- Lightning Thunder
    Vesuvia- The Demanding
    RikSharp- The Machine
    SelfAwareChimp- The Cheerful
    Ellie396- Rainbow Girl
    Chjon- Pirate Man
    choaseagle- Best on his planet!
    Seadar- The Wise One
    clemonster- Engineer Clemonster
    MoonyGekko- Bridge Jumper
    dreeper- stardude12
    Dumamax- The Ninja
    Steelraptor53- The CQC Guy
    GunmanRex- The Techno Mage
    Hugt- The Pizz
    Ander- Artist?
    Neon Ai'Toruu- Some Female
    vbifbk- Dwarven Bearling
    Jornut- The Shadow
    AuraKnight- Knight of Aura
    dragozing- The W0lf
    Gravik- Mysticman
    Imtherenothere- The Cosmonaut
    FreshSheet- Fortifications
    Ketoth- The Shipmaker
    nuggetjune- Dragon LOTR
    WoxandWarf- Tobor
    Gunzier- The Godzilla
    Prophet of Deception- Space giraffe wrangler
    Cloudhopper- Doombringer Evil-Laughing
    Yaxlat- Acidic Engineer
    Rabbit- Witch of Void
    Mandalore36- Scout Unicorn
    Valen- The Daft Marksman!
    Soul93- Super genius in a potato
    Navar0nius- The Bear Calvary
    Mopy- Moon Haze Dreamer
    Rocco101- No Questions Asked
    Elijah- The Hidden Kitten
    Shooshy162-
    HerpDerpy- crystaltech
    Noobih- Rocket Jock
    harnackam- harnackam
    Neptz- The Green Mecha
    Taleon- Silly Swede
    Woodrow: ProfessorOaky
    MaceToTheEyes: The Jovial
    DynaMonsta: The Dynamite
    dr_takumi151: Trickster Wraith
    Wolf_1557: Wolf
    Pepp1391: Dirty Hands
    Deathbringer: Tinkerer
    VitalGuard: The Starcaller
    Damuranashi: The Dark Light
    Dephia1: Delphia1
    Mastercreate66: Mastercreate66
    DeltaLeSoldatDuChao: The Guardian
    Timanator: Daedalus
    Grokmin
    Redweevil: The Mad Scientist
    Knivez5: The Mercenary
    Melomie: The Silver Mask
    Darkhenge: Aztec
    Miss Leijon: Mage of Time
    WhiteRook: Arch-Inquisitor
    themightywizar: Future Dimension Jumper
    Rasphelon: The Jackal
    GravityFlux: The Black Hunter
    Vanderous: The Vanguard
    Techno9200: The Technic Thinker
    Julie- The Tsundere
    Wuzhles- MD
    Knowva1- The Solo
    Brotodile- The Grim Linguist
    Norluck- The Destitute Pilot
    Redseven- Sol Dawnbreaker
    Tonedragon- The Pirate Dragon
    WilsonTheBall- The Survivor
    EnergyProExtreme- I'm gonna wreck it!
    Octopie
    mechaplat
    fabledClockwork- The Paramedic

$4R4H
    Sazaraki: Space Knight
    Twisted Codex: The Phoenix
    Stalkish Cockatiel: Ugly Hatchling

[​IMG]

Unfactioned by Reverse Shadow:
    [​IMG]

Council by RS:
    [​IMG]

Infantry by RS:
    [​IMG]

Medic by RS:
    [​IMG]

Demolitions/Nuclear by RS:
    [​IMG]

Engineer by RS:
    [​IMG]

Pilot by RS:
    [​IMG]

Small by RS:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Banners by Shark
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Emblem by ArcticdragonX
    [​IMG]

Emblem by ArcticdragonX
    [​IMG]

Emblem by ArcticdragonX
    [​IMG]

We now have a clan forum! Dtb290 made the homepage flash with some help from Mopy and Seb.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. Brother Lame

Brother Lame Pangalactic Porcupine

Not a bad idea really, as long as people don't start trying to use their status in such a group against others in discussions or arguments (i.e. "I was here first."). I'm not so sure about the name really, I mean it's simple and to the point, but it's a bit generic you know? Arguably that is the point though, so I'll leave that to your better judgement.

LoCoZeNoz ZUE and vbifbk like this.
  3. Mm, I kinda wanted the name to be a bit generic. This isn't really "My Clan"- I didn't make it because I wanted to be the leader/creator of it, I just wanted to get some coal in the fire. I don't know if the clan is going to work or not, so we'll see what happens.

vbifbk and CaptainMcManface like this.
  4. HappyVader

HappyVader Big Damn Hero

Sure. I'll join :) First time in an online community, why not let this be my first "Clan" experience?

Username: HappyVader
    Reason for Joining: For the experience of being a part of this community. Also, to remember the policies set forth at the formation of this Clan, which seems reasonable enough in order to avoid any "veteran snobbery", and to help other new members with whatever experience I have thus far accumulated from other members before me.
    Name of the three policies: Respect, Think, Enjoy
    Self-Title [to be shown in the member list] HappyVader- The Apprentice

Imtherenothere likes this.
  5. Glad to have you on board :up:

6. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

Star Vets, aye...
    Well i ain't 'bout ta like yer face, Sharky.
    Ye got yerself a little skimish on yer hands... It's not that i want to kill ye... i would just want you not to be alive... anymore.

So, if ye wanted a war, thar got one. Agreed?

(Gather up some strength, get members and we shall murder each other when Starbound comes out.)

Yaxlat likes this.
  7. Oricalcum

Oricalcum Ketchup Robot

Username: Oricalcum​
    Reason for Joining: I want to be know as someone who's not just here for the game, but as someone who has stayed for the community.​
    Name of the three policies: Respect, Think, Enjoy​
    Self-Title [to be shown in the member list] Oricalcum- The Alchemist​

8. Dtb290

Dtb290 Pangalactic Porcupine

EDIT: I've hidden my app now just because :rofl:

Shark and Manilian like this.
  9. Admiral Obvious

Admiral Obvious Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Username: Admiral Obvious
    Reason for Joining: I want to be a part of a group that I know I can trust and generally agree with.
    Name of the three policies: Respect, Think and Enjoy
    Self-Title: The guy who flew your ship without your consent.

10. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

Dear Vets, has my offer been accepted?

11. Admiral Obvious

Admiral Obvious Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

We are currently unable to agree until the clan founder returns. Please wait for Sharky to return.

12. Valkon

Valkon Title Not Found

Username: Valkon
    Reason for Joining: I've been looking for a forming clan to join, but most of the ones I found were already established and have quite a few members. The choice was between this one and another one, and this one looks like it's forming fast so I decided to apply to this. The policies are fair enough - I don't think I would have any difficulty following them, and the prospect of being one of the "Veterans" sounds nice.
    Name of the three policies: Respect, Think, and Enjoy.
    Self-Title: The Thaumaturge

13. I TRULY Apologize for my absence, friends! The Alert system was not notfying me of replies, and thus, I thought that the thread was dead.
    Anyhow, I'll Add who have applied to the member list. Welcome, Star Veterans!

Agreed, Comrade. I warn you, however. You're probably going to run into some Copyright infringement with the name "Space Pirates". Pretty sure Nintendo Owns it. ;):p

Also- Admiral Obvious- I had to shorten your self-title a bit, tell me if you'd like to change it or anything.

Steam Pirate likes this.
  14. playerjerry2

playerjerry2 Phantasmal Quasar

heres my application form.
    Username: playerjerry2
    Reason for Joining: ( i have a few reasons.) 1. i have no clan. 2. i love being a helper( i mean helping ppl.)3. you dont have a dude for melee.4.i need get
    more into the community so wanted to join a clan( yours in particular(once i read about it.).)
    Name of the three policies:1.respect.2.think.3.enjoy.
    Self-Title:the brute

p.s.
    is there a steam group of this group?

15. Welcome aboard, playerjerry! And,no, no steam group as of now, but I'll be making that real soon!

Rocco101 likes this.
  16. playerjerry2

playerjerry2 Phantasmal Quasar

ok just a question. will we be pronominatly one race or does it matter?

17. Er... Doesn't matter, I guess. This is kinda just like a "Gather People and Unite" clan, not really a "Go on MW3 and kill noobz" kinda thing.

18. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

Username: Яetrospekt
    Reason for Joining: Everyone needs a place to be..
    Name of the three policies: R e s p e c t. Think. Enjoy.
    Self-Title: Яetrospekt does not require another title

19. Added!

20. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

Thankyou. Are there any banners for signatures at this time? Or do you plan on getting any? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.