The Star Veterans V1

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Shark, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playerjerry2

playerjerry2 Phantasmal Quasar

WOOT! NEW PERSON!

2. Seb

Seb Phantasmal Quasar

Welcome to our humble clan, Sazaraki. :) Make yourself at home.

3. Flying Potato of Doom

Flying Potato of Doom Scruffy Nerf-Herder

In the clan base, im going to wire up an emergency exit complete with alarms in case we get into a clan war

Seb and CaptainMcManface like this.
  4. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

.... FACTION WARS!

5. Dtb290

Dtb290 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah basically this. I'm just trying to organize (right now!) with Shark about how we can handle the server. Ideally we would have server-side characters but that isn't an option for now. At least with the wipe everyone will be at a similar point.

My main concern is the memory leaks, we'll need to restart now and then (or a lot, I don't know about high player loads,) but hopefully between Shark's timezone and my own that won't be a problem.

Also the starting planet.. I'm trying to decide whether for now that will be the 'clan' planet, or if we should find one and assign that as one. Either way the starting planet will probably need a plentiful supply of unrefined wood in chests for people to use since we will decimate all the trees on that planet pretty quickly.

Thoughts and suggestions are perfectly welcome right now while I try to work this all out :rofl:

Welcome :D

Seb likes this.
  6. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

I can handle level 20 planets pretty well at the moment. Also have like 6-7 instruments IIRC.

7. Sazaraki

Sazaraki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks everyone! :) I look forward to playing Starbound with you guys! :DD

Seb and Moursi Fanshawe like this.
  8. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

I think an ocean biome would be really cool, each faction on its special island. Plus boats, I love boats.

9. Sazaraki

Sazaraki Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I like the idea of using an ocean biome. Maybe make it an advanced looking base underwater or something.

10. I like the idea of Ocean Biomes. I would totally live underwater.

11. Valkon

Valkon Title Not Found

So I found a USNC penal facility outside my spawn point

I killed them all with my iron hunting bow

Don't blame me they attacked first

12. Arktischer Albtraum Drache

Arktischer Albtraum Drache Void-Bound Voyager

Just got to sector X (t4) and oh lord some of the worlds I've seen.
    Regarding the server, Will we have one home planet, or will each player be allowed their own? The only problem I see with having 1 planet is having to deal with stealing from chests.

13. Dtb290

We're going to have a 'clan' planet but of course people can still establish their own home world.

14. Panda

Panda Big Damn Hero

Any news on planes? If not Pilots would have to be renamed to Mech Riders :/

15. Dtb290

I wouldn't count on planes for at least a while. Using a mech is still piloting a vehicle. xD

Seajun_ likes this.
  16. EnergyProExtreme

EnergyProExtreme Star Wrangler

I was thinking about making a group of 5-20 mercenaries on SB when i get my new PC and buy the game, i don't like running big groups, so, we can get money from our services

17. Seb

Seb Phantasmal Quasar

I can't wait for ocean biomes because then I get to find out more about my people.

Dtb290 likes this.
  18. Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    Seb and Dtb290 like this.
  19. Seb

Seb Phantasmal Quasar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.