1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Plot Thickens (Spoilers for SB plot?)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by jpmrocks, Sep 18, 2014.

1. jpmrocks

jpmrocks Phantasmal Quasar

First off, sorry I can't get pics. My steam is all kinds of screwy.

So, I was playing nightlies when I just gotten to the second planet (players in nightlies know the struggle). So, on this second planet is a floran dungeon (unless its different for each race) and inside were some cave drawings. At first they featured some stick figures wielding bows to hunt elk-like creatures (I assume that the figures were florans).
    Anyway, as I got deeper into the bowels of this cavern, there were ore hieroglyphics, from skulls to falling rock signs. But then I found one that disturbed me. The figures from before were worshiping a giant. It was a stick man with a hole in it's head, at four times the size of a floran. Deeper into the cave, I found more, one which came as a shock; the giant stick man was giving the florans an object, an eyeball with tentacles coming out of it. Those who don't know, this matches a monster known as the tentacomet, a monster in the code for at least 10 months. The tentacomet also is the creature that destroyed Earth some hundred or so years ago.
    Past the hieroglyph, any knew glyphs I found were just ones of the pentacomet itself.
    So, these florans met this higher beings, and worshipped them. These higher beings could have been the ones built the glitch, the ones who brought the bone dragon to life, or even Kluex himself. These beings are also the ones who had some great involvement with the pentacomet; ravisher of worlds. Finally, the florans also has something to do with the pentacomet, whether they were it's master or it's food.

So, fellow space captains, what do you make of these discoveries?

-Floran Oakenshield

2. LethalShade

LethalShade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They can be everything, not just Florans. Prehistoric humans, avians, hylotls or even glitches.

Can you give me the coordinates ?

3. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Well, this codex has been in the resources for quite a while:
    http://starbounder.org/Tentacomet_(codex)
    It's supposed to drop after defeating Tentacomet boss.

Quoting the last part here:
    And I doubt the boss thing is the tentacle monster that destroyed Earth. It's size is so petty for a planet-destroying beast. Maybe some of it's offspring, possibly?
    The tentacles have been all over the place lately. The gate even has them.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    Serenity likes this.
  4. LethalShade

It's maybe the original tentacle monster, who grew afterwards and took over countless worlds.

5. jpmrocks

I think the original glyphs were florans simply because the rest of the cave had floran cages and what not, though there were some glitch-esque ruins. The coords I'll get to you by tomorrow.
    I'm thinking we won't get answers till this next update rolls out. I just know I'm weirded out greatly by this.

6. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

Which one you mean? The Earth one? I referred to many ones there.

Maybe there is still something to be found. Any idea have they been adding new codices in to the game?

And being the SB lore nerd I am, I have to say I think the destruction has been quite recent, as every human player character has been on the planet. Nothing like a century, I don't think more than a decade or two at the maximum.

7. LethalShade

The first one, not necessarily the Earth one.

8. jpmrocks

I think the first one to be recorded was the Earth one.

Also, no more lore has been added as of yet.

9. LethalShade

10. jpmrocks

Coords:
    X: -85444002
    Y: -65003322

Delta Parcomium 21 II

11. LethalShade

Thanks

EDIT : Don't work for me

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  12. jpmrocks

Oooo… How'd you get the max ship upgrade?

13. LethalShade

/spawnitem shipTx

Where x = levels 2-8

14. jpmrocks

Ah ok.

15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Maybe the giant they were is the tentacle monster itself and it's giving the tentacomet to the florans.

16. Lora Grim

Lora Grim Guest

The plot, huh? Delicious, delicious plot. Mmm~

17. Uppercuthero

Uppercuthero Aquatic Astronaut

I thought that the monster that destroyed earth was a small creature, that we either ignored or didn't notice until it was too late and it was literally ripping the planet apart before we all fled into space. In the human's "intro" story it says the player brought an alien on the ship with it that grew and destroyed the ship in a similar manner to earth until he/she shot it out of the ship in the airlock. So maybe the tentacle monster on earth is the source of the tentacle comets, and the player brought one of them on the ship unknowing of how dangerous it was?

LethalShade likes this.
  18. jpmrocks

I thought it was that scientists tought the creature was harless until it began destroying earth. The player was attacked by it and fled.

I think.

19. Uppercuthero

Uppercuthero Aquatic Astronaut

I checked the codex on my human character and this came up

[​IMG]

20. jpmrocks

Oh my, I think that's new, tho I havent played Human in a long while.