1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The new Glitch AI reminds me of Spiral Knights

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Litagano Motscoud, Jul 2, 2014.

1. janusforbeare

janusforbeare Phantasmal Quasar

I know nothing about Spiral Knights, but I've seen people say that the Glitch art in general reminds them of the game.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

I made the Glitch, though the non-pixel art stuff isn't mine and expands upon the sprite art in cool ways. I have no idea who the Spiral Knights are. Honestly the only thing that went through my head was "medieval robots lol" and we built around the idea.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
    Serenity, LC98, SivCorp and 2 others like this.
  3. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Ah, I see. Interesting!

4. penguin055

penguin055 Pangalactic Porcupine

I love Spiral Knights.
    Now that I think of it, it does kinda seem similar. I still can't tell if the thing between the eyes and beard is a nose or chin.

5. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

Fun fact: That rabbit is the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on. It's got a vicious streak a mile wide and it's a killer.

Serenity and Akado like this.
  6. Kattanos

Kattanos Pangalactic Porcupine

Mouth plate that moves while he talks.. As said before by someone else, it is like Optimus Prime..

Basically the idea of Spiral Knights.. SK are robots who use swords, shields, bombs, and guns.. Difference between SK shields and SB shields is SK's provides a force field around the player, protecting from all sides.. What they have in common is that they are physically appearing like a medieval shield.. The key difference between the Glitch and SK's knights being the Glitch are effectively stuck in the medieval mindset.. SK is more futuristic overall..

I believe I have a video proving this fact somewhere...

7. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Kinda Clockworkpunk future setting if I recall.

8. Ulvra

Ulvra Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not really, I also prefer the horse AI to the robot wizard. People are probably going to try pulling some MLP-angle on this topic, so on that note I just want to point out beforehand that I personally can't stand anything related to that, I simply felt the horse AI was a more clever idea than "insert generic robot in generic RP costume here", that being said the quality of the robot wizard icons are quite a bit higher than that of the horse AI.

Ideally I'd like to see either a resurgence of the horse AI with improved grafics or even better than that, multiple different selectable AIs for each race so you could actually customize more about that aspect of your ship.

9. linkthegamer

linkthegamer Master Astronaut

Not sure the Horse has that much pull with the Bronies (then again I don't have that many connections to the starbound bronies).

10. Poppinz

Poppinz Pangalactic Porcupine

lol start a petition and rage about it

11. Ulvra

Yeah, funny and not going to happen, some people on the web actually has more life than raging like little immature kids. I'm not going to play either the glitch or now the novakids, so this doesn't affect me, but I still feel that it's a sad change that changes something clever into something moderately boring.

12. Ulvra

Niether do I, nor do I care to, I really just don't want to open that can of worms, that's all.

13. Pikselo

Pikselo Pangalactic Porcupine

All I have to say:

-Spiral Knights is awesome game, but I stopped to play it because noone from my friends is playing it :(
    -Glitch AI is awesome & Floran AI is ugly.

14. LaDestitute

LaDestitute Subatomic Cosmonaut

Going slightly off topic here (not by much though), but the appearance of the Floran AI is intentional. It's a stolen and hacked human AI, alluding to their nature as rude technology thieving rogues.

linkthegamer likes this.