Modding Discussion The Lyxaris: A Race Mod for Starbound

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Hazanator, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Hazanator

Hazanator Subatomic Cosmonaut

What do you think you could help with? C: We could use all the help we can get.

2. Hazanator

Hey! Just giving a quick update that, again, we're still not dead. We've been on hiatus for quite a while, but I'm still waiting for the update to roll out and I'm going to rebuild the mod from there. Hope we've still got some interest and maybe bumping this thread might generate just a bit more.

3. Hazanator

Hey guys!

Yes, this is still a thing. I swear.

Now that the new update has been pushed to unstable, I feel I should probably get started combing through it and learning exactly what the hell's going on now that the new update has arrived, and just how I should be balancing.

Our current plan is to make the Lyxaris much like the novakids- but instead of starting with guns, they would start with reasonably weak psi-staves as a result of their psionic inclinations. I honestly haven't been paying near enough attention to the updates to know most of what was changed, nor especially how psi-staves work at this stage- so we'll see how things go in that regard.

We could still use help- both with regards to coding and someone who could sit through the tedium of adding new things and dialogue with me, or art & animating- we could seriously always use someone who could work on tiered armor and weapons with us, as well as dungeon assets for post-release. I think having someone new and more up-to-date join the team could really help me get back on track.

Either way, I have not given up yet. Just... gone silent. I think that period of silence is over now, however.

Ursa and prodamn like this.
  4. Ursa

Ursa Void-Bound Voyager

Anything Pixel art :) So dungeon assets, armours and weapons. Could work on the staves if you like to begin with since they're quite simple to put together and flesh out.

P.S I'm like religiously following this mod xD Check back every couple of months for an update. Glad to see you're still around ahah!

Edit: Just seen your status about starting school again. If you see this and would like me to do the art in the background until you return I'm still game. Can send weekly updates so you know what's going on without you having to take much time out of your schedule.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2015
  5. Hazanator

You're offering the kind of help that we really need.

To be honest, after I dropped out of school I had kind of given up on the mod. My spirits were pretty low, especially because Starbound was updating faster than I pleased to keep up with, since I had kind of lost a bit of interest in the game over time.

I'm considering trying again, pacing myself and taking it slower now, especially since there would be a lot less trial and error this time around with regards to how we'd structure everything. If you still want to help, that would be excellent.

The same goes for anyone else who desires to help. If you want to help me out, please contact me on Skype at hazeraze or on my steam account here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gl-y-ph/

If neither medium is convenient, I'll probably be checking my PMs here.

I don't know for certain whether or not I can really get the ball rolling, but hopefully I can pick up enough momentum to actually work everything out and get through this after all.

Edit: Updated the info doc. Huge changes in general, so I'd go take a look if you're interested.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015