Race The kitties

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Cathriana, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Cathriana

Cathriana Phantasmal Quasar

A female dominating race of feline creatures that want to control the universe they are in, if you are within one of their sectors you will get attacked by them.

Ideas? =D

[​IMG]

The story:

A great race that spawned on the planet known for our heroes only as "FIMER-0001" the locals named it something entirely different, this was their home known to them as "Pathion".

Even though some might called them the kitties, they were furious and dangerous in their glory days, taking over planets quicker than the universal plague as well as slaughtering everything in their path. The name back then were Illuri Felines, Illuri being a great white tiger that were their oldest and formost leader. Even to this date, the Illuri Felines terror smaller planets and keep their borders strictly locked, anyone who dares enter their territory so far has either had tales of how their crew were slaughtered infront of their very eyes, or they were taken as prisoners for repopulation before getting tortured for information and technology..
    Versatile, as the race might be. They still lack the sense of settling down on one thing. They always steal what they find and use it in an already mixed culture of technology and belief.

Once there was a calender the humans found on their home planet when searching it, they weren't sure what they found and only assumed it to be a calender for the universe.. It's about to run out though.. Is it a timer..? It has hours on it, events and dates.. So far everything has come true but.. What will happen when the timer runs out?

Will they return to their glory days?

Culture:

Mixed by raidings and slaughters, they use what they find and mix it together with what they already had previously, this makes them more dangerous if not prepared, but easier to counter if you have the technology.

This is also another part as they usually are split up when settled on a planet, someone moves on to other planets to settle in but they all have a main 'base' on each planet in which they can communicate with each other.

Other 'groups' away from the main base on a planet are usually like native tribes, fighting with each other for dominance and territory.

Race attributes:

+ They are very versatile, easily adaptable to a new planet and environment.
    + Quick thinkers, can easily learn something
    + Great with any melee weapon, also extremely dangerous.
    - Not the best eyes in the world, they are cat eyes after all.
    - Not the best at handling firearms, simply not trained for it.
    - Loves string and fish, baitable with it.

Goals in their existance:
    To conquer what they think is rightfully theirs, the stars.

Main looks:

They usually just look like feline races; Panthers, Cats, Tigers in all sorts of colours and varients.

[​IMG]

Usually they are found on very fertile planets, this is because they use the nature to their advantage, not being reliable of the planets resources like other races, they do not destroy planets in the same way, they do however have increasingly high likes for hunting, so therefor they also pick fertile planets for the many creatures in which they can hunt and live off.

A small list of weapons they would usually use.

-Claws
    -Short swords
    -Daggers
    -Spears
    -Halbards(If a larger feline race)
    -Few bows, usually short bows.

Seeing as their agility is their most priced gift, they use melee weapons the most, their claws and how little training they get in fire arms make it hard to use firearms. You can see very few however with firearms however which would be:

-Light pistols.
    -(Uncommon)Snipers
    -(RARE) Rifles

If you had to catagorize their kinds of buildings you must only look a bit up in the text, as stated before they steal technology and culture from those they meet on their way and add it to their own.

Here are some ideas to what they could look like:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took these images also as an illustration, the houses are of the native kinds of people, in this case a kind of cybernetic japanese theme is what I wanted, taking as they took all the parts and culture from other races.

The main base, just a large radio tower or control central, something that can just contact off world for something bigger if needed.

The normal warrior, a versatile and quick warrior that will do what they can to hunt you down with their sharp blades and daggers, close combat with these is deadly and dangerous, ranged attacks preferred.

[​IMG]

The Special Unit is a feline 'assassin' based idea where they infiltrate your home and try to take you out, these will only spawn if you were sighted by a scout or you attacked them previously and didn't wipe out the base, only one will spawn everytime where they have a sword and a pistol, wanting to take you out. These can also be found within control towers/bases. (2 or 3 of them only)

[​IMG]

Their scouting unit is a kind of panther styled mechanical unit that is fast and vicious, it has no guns except for a sharp tail and it's razor sharp teeth/claws. When it finds someone it tries to first kill them, if hurt too badly it will start running away to get backup, KILL IT BEFORE IT DOES.

I had an idea of it also being able to be used as a mount, where it does not have the ability to jump you anymore with it's claws and teeth, except it can swipe you with the tail.

[​IMG]

--The ship that i had in mind was one that could switch to a mech kind of posture or type when within the atmosphere, though it would cost a lot to make this transformation, the driver does not need to exit the vehicle to get the upper hand on ground, they just need to do the switch which can't just be done instantly, for safety reasons it can only be done once every 5 minutes.

[​IMG]

2. SuggestionsBot

SuggestionsBot Autonomous Posting Device

Thanks for submitting a new suggestion!

Please remember to give your opinion on this suggestion by voting on our suggestions page.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

While I would love to see a feline race added, sadly they've been suggested before with much more detail. I'm intrigued with the art and concept of a female-dominated race, but you should really consider getting the basics in order to really flesh out the idea. For a race suggestion (particularly a playable one, which is something to consider since people might actually want to play as them), you want to have a description for each of the following; history, society / culture, technology and relationship with other races. If you can get together, this would be a very interesting idea.

4. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Basically, kind of like cats with futuristic drow culture?

5. Cathriana

This wasn't supposed to be a playable class, rather one you encounter on your travels, which attacks you.

and yes, Sarzael.

6. The Question

The Question Ketchup Robot

Bad name, keeps me from finding this cool.

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Like I said, don't underestimate people wanting to play as them.

Besides, I'm going to have do some soul-searching before I kill any cat women. :confused:

Silican Beat and BlastRed like this.
  8. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Question: Where did you get those pictures?

Probably needs more details.

Farathil likes this.
  9. Cathriana

First I would want to see how many people were actually interested in this kind of idea, knowing we already have penguins attacking us sometimes, I wonder how people would be with felines attacking you as a sort of event triggered when.. As stated before.. Entering their subspace or territory.

If all is well and people like it, I will add more detail to all of it.

But what kind of detail are you looking for? Kind want to know that so I know what to add.

Also, @Zoolot. I got the pictures from different places on the internet, some from friends who helped me find what I was looking for and the ship one was hardest to find, wanted exactly that kind of transforming vehicle to work.

10. Zoolot

Zoolot Existential Complex

Just be careful of copyrights!

Silvestre and Jonesy like this.
  11. Theros42

Theros42 Void-Bound Voyager

I really enjoy the idea I have been thinking about this sorta thing for the past while now and i think it would be an awesome idea. But like Jonesy said if you want there to be any chance of it getting in the game you have to flesh it out more there is soooo much stuff you could do with this sort of thing but you have to get your ideas straight first. I think this could be something really cool that could make it into the game so keep trying, and don't completely drop the playable idea. Good stuff, keep it up.

Jonesy likes this.
  12. Cathriana

Sounds great, will start on it tonight then =)

Jonesy likes this.
  13. CakeBones

CakeBones Guest

I love how the art used for the normal warrior is MtG card art.
    Leonin Guard I think it was?
    The name of the race could use changing, and needs more detail. :)

14. Rankomonaut

Rankomonaut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Somehow I don't like feline and canine races... they are just too... standard.. no?

MEWMEW likes this.
  15. Cathriana

=x Where else do you see them out of how many games.

16. Rankomonaut

Rankomonaut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's not that I see them on way too many games around. Just the amount of people wanting and loving and adoring those... That naturally disgusts me beyond compare. No... that's a bit exaggerated. o_O

but the point is: I don't hate them, but seeing people wanting something anthropomorphical (existing word?) in games... well... makes me roll my eyes.

17. Cathriana

Ahh.. Well it was just an idea, it's not something that HAS to be put in or I REALLY want, I just thought it as a nice idea to play against..

I could have made them aliens also but I guess this just appeals to much people.

The name also was just a temporary one, something that is described in the description under the picture, real name is Illuri Felines

Which is a name I used a long time ago in an RP for a special task force of feline assassins.

Also, updated descriptions.

I don't know WHAT you guys want in detail, that is why I can't just add everything.

I added what I thought was needed.

18. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

the house look japan...I thought they be bit more...Viking which we don't have Viking in the game...

19. Cathriana

Well, if there were vikings ingame, they could have stolen that culture =x?

Model QT-377665 likes this.
  20. Torrle

Torrle Astral Cartographer

War focused felines in a sci-fi space game? Reminds me of the Mrrshan! :D

Joking aside, I do really like the potential of having an NPC race in the game infrastructure to make it easier for modders to make something like this on their own. I'm fairly certain that, at this point, the Novakids are the only extra fan-generated race that will come out with the game, and anything else will have to be modded in after the fact.

Attached Files: