1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Experimental OST

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by PicklePackle, Oct 29, 2014.

1. PicklePackle

PicklePackle Phantasmal Quasar

So I was listening to the Starbound OST, and I have to say, the experimental songs are some of my favorites. Will these songs be implemented into the game?
    If so, when? I would love to hear this music while exploring. :)

On a side note, which of the Experimental Songs is your favorite?
    Mine is a tie between "Desert Battle 2" (Where's Desert Battle 1?) and "Inviolate"

2. yclatious

yclatious Guest

I also do quite enjoy thos songs, and I am quite baffled as to why they arent curently ingame.

All of them capture the Starbound spirit perfectly, and would be quite nice to have.

The composer is quite talented, if yer readin this, congrats man, ya rock.

Fresh Ears likes this.
  3. PicklePackle

PicklePackle Phantasmal Quasar

They are made by Curtis Schweitzer. He composed all the other songs. (Except for the ones by Solatrus. :p)

Fresh Ears likes this.
  4. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

I couldn't agree more! Mr. Schwietzer knocked it out of the park with this soundtrack. I haven't heard the experimental tracks yet, but I can't wait to (hopefully) encounter them in-game. His composition succeeds on every level. I am a professional studio musician, composer, etc and I LOVE this soundtrack. People make nice, suitable, interesting, technical compositions all the time, but the Starbound soundtrack has a certain x-factor in my opinion. It's got soul, you could say!

yclatious likes this.