1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

The Difficulty of Nightly Builds.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Substance, Jul 27, 2014.

1. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

To be fair all difficulty in games is artificial.

2. tobychew

tobychew Subatomic Cosmonaut

if you have cave problems make one thats what I do

3. Not sure about this. I've played through the starting section several times now and haven't encountered too many issues. I was tossed on a lvl2 planet my first time and managed to get the thrusters fixed pretty swiftly.

4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

In a response to the OP, I don't think its that terrible, do exploring while you kill mobs, and you can rack up pixels quick.

And obviously, core fragments are near the core, which means digging. The lower areas are also plentiful with 6 pixel capsules, which help in getting the initial 1000.

Untrustedlife likes this.
  5. Psycho Hyena

Psycho Hyena Phantasmal Quasar

I think all planets lack caves right now, probably broke something. Not much point playing or judging it in its current state.

6. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

It also means people have essentially no reason to visit desert worlds aside from getting specific plants needed for foods they might need.

7. Untrustedlife

Untrustedlife Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They do.. and I hope to god that it IS a bug.

8. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Glass, sweet sweet glass. All the lighting, none of the mob trouble. Ravaged whole landscapes for the stuff.

And sandstone.

Zuvaii likes this.
  9. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I prefer Wasteland planets for my Sand needs, as Frackin' Flora also makes heavy use of the Tar blocks that spawn en masse there.

10. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well, I've encountered a significant difficulty spike when I discovered that all Ore I mine disappears.

11. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

What pickaxe are you using, and what ore are you mining?

A recent change made pickaxes into tiers, so a stone pickaxe can only mine coal and iron or copper, but they cannot mine silver or gold (those disappear).

Also, if you try to mine sand, the ore inside of it will disappear (to prevent sand duning)

12. Dwagon

All ore but Coal. Also, there's no Copper ore to be found anywhere, so I'm fucked no matter what.

Also, those change are REALLY stupid. Losing out on Ores just because you don't have the right pick, or if you nick a dune is a horrible idea.

JustHereForTheMods likes this.
  13. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Can I assume you're using a stone pickaxe, then? If so, the pickaxe description should say what ores it is able to mine.

Trying to mine silver+ ore will simply result in it disappearing, until you get a copper+ pickaxe.

14. Dwagon

You aren't listening very well.
    ALL ORE disappears. Including those listed, sans Coal.

15. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Sorry for trying to help, good luck!

16. Dwagon

Sorry, I'm just frustrated and baffled at these changes.
    Thanks anyway.

17. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

This is a shining example of a change that no one asked for. The picks taking longer if they aren't the right tier was just fine because you didn't have to worry about them disappearing entirely if you dared to use the wrong pick-axe like in Minecraft.

Jonesy likes this.
  18. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Could be a bug. Nightlies are nightlies after all.

19. Dwagon

Aye. The complete absence of Copper anywhere suggests to me that's the case.
    I won't be playing for a while until that's fixed.

20. Beeze

Beeze Space Hobo

Games have gotten far too easy over the years...I like the difficulty of Starbound.