The Black Mages of Starbound Clan [BMSC]

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starheaven07, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

[​IMG]
    Prelude
    Further applications are currently closed.

At the beginning of the calamity, there was much chaos and that ripped across the galaxy by a source of Chaos that has no face or body.
    It ravaged our homeworlds, destroyed our peoples’ hopes and dreams, and scattered us to the stars.
    The plague spread over the cosmos like a wildfire, and billions became victims of this plague, this Chaos.
    People tried to hide in caves and caverns to wait out the destruction, but it was in vain as the chaos leeched into the bowels of the planets that it touched.
    Those who were weak fell to pieces only to be reborn as slime.
    Others became mutated into strange creatures that could no longer see reason.
    While our peoples were ravaged by the Chaos, ancient knowledge was lost, alliances failed, and those left behind were forever left hopeless.
    Yet in all this destruction, there was founded a small but growing group of individuals who embodied the greatest virtue: hope.
    These people fought back against the chaos that spread through the lands, and they were enhanced with strength and power - unlike any other.
    They called themselves, The Black Mages.

Welcome. We are a Final Fantasy themed clan, based around the idea of a mage society. This isn't really a roleplay clan, and it's not a very serious one either, especially since there isn't actually magic in Starbound. Instead, we have tried to reconstruct the feel of the different magic areas in other ways.

We're very welcoming and would love to see your application!​

This system is mostly antiquated by now, but I'll leave the descriptions here for reference in the future.

Black Mages – Combat
    The namesake group of the clan, the Black Mages focus on combat ability and the ability to win confrontations, for either offensive or defensive purposes. They are the sword and shield of the clan, defending members from the other groups during their work, help complete missions, and clear out dangerous areas.

Red Mages – Support from the front
    The Red mages focus on setting up bases and encampments, as well as providing field support to the groups they are in. They (along with the White Mages) focus on crafting equipment and getting it where it needs to be. It may not be a glamorous job, but without their support in the field most missions would be impossible.

Red Mages will also focus on the location and proper collection of fossils and artifacts.
    White Mages – Support from the back
    Gatherers and artisans, the white mages focus on collecting and stockpiling resources, as well as crafting equipment and keeping track of our surplus. White mage teams will frequently accompany parties on the frontlines to find and bring back valuable resources and items. White mages will also focus on the development of tech, with some crafting.

Blue Mages – Scouts and Explorers
    The eyes and ears of the clan, Blue Mages will focus on gathering information on anything and everything. They will be the ones scanning planets, keeping track of our starmap data, and putting together missions depending on their findings. On the ground, they provide some offensive support to back up Black Mages. Blue Mages are also in charge of animal taming and beast mastery.

1: Be respectful to other members of the clan, and the established chain of command.
    2: Try to stay active within the clan – don’t join just to disappear!
    3: Be a trustworthy person, tolerant of others, use common sense, and uphold a basic moral standard.
    4: This is a place to have fun. Although drama can't be totally avoided, please try to keep this in mind.
    5: Actively excluding people from group activities is strictly forbidden. If you don't like someone, that's fine, but they shouldn't miss out on the fun based on your personal view of them.
    6: While this clan is open to everyone, be advised that most of us are adults and we are not actively censoring the conversations. Curse words and NSFW content is frequent in our chats, and we are not liable for anything you may or may not see, read, or hear. That being said, gore, screamers, and anything else deemed inappropriate will be met with administrative action.

Fill in the following information and the oath, and post it to this thread.

Forum username:
    Age/Gender:
    Other Clans:
    Small Introduction:
    The Oath
    Powerful Magi of the heavens, I, [your name] come from distant lands to lend my aid in your battle against the legions of Chaos.
    I bring to the battlefield powers and talents that will forge a path for the Magi, so we may see hope once more.
    My skills as a [Red/Black/White/Blue] Mage will be yours to command, with this sacrifice I shall ensure our cause is never lost.
    Together we will see the Chaos Legions tremble at the might of our combined power and strategy, our victory will certify our dominance amongst the greatest clans.
    When our enemies are faced by monstrous superiority in might and mind, they will know who they are facing. When they come for us our diligent vigilance will hold them at the gates.
    Hear my cry, Wise Ones, and grant unto me the privilege of serving under you from now til forever more

[Username]

[​IMG]

Total Members: 62+

Guild Master
    Starheaven07

Officers
    Fortunos
    Afterscore
    Sammy
    Mawz​

Lieutenants
    Dagorran
    Magpie
    Misha
    Maunokki
    KuraiRyuu
    Adallamus
    Warsarah/Bevery

Members
    MechaDragon
    Skarn22
    Stygals
    Slaanu
    ExoSapien
    Kelp
    Flan

Inactive
    Sir Francis XLII
    Shooshy162
    Yoppyx
    Fignatius
    Herowho
    Ryss
    Xetor
    Oricalcum
    DavPhoenixclaw
    Aluna
    Kaytavo
    Swoopman2
    777eza
    MadMarlon
    MauMau
    DapperPessimist
    CanbeCoffee
    GlobularDuke
    Arysnight
    Adderman
    gingerskittles
    Hyrseht
    Daitenshi
    Noobih
    CrazyAvak
    hartham the Mason
    Xannidel the Archeologist
    RealSheaffer
    DotHack2002
    *Teo
    Tectal
    Duke
    lamus the Gunner
    The Demon of Borders
    Dogsplace
    Bloolink
    Flibflub
    LoyalSoul
    8-Bit
    littlemaac
    Lunariz
    Ahriscada
    Ronoroa Zoro
    Syndoflame
    Orakuru​

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    Xkiwi, hartham, Oricalcum and 2 others like this.
  2. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

The info in this post is not in effect but will be preserved for possible future usages.

MagiTech - Specializing Your Role

In order to promote individuality in gameplay styles, mages can take a focus based on what they are expecting to do in the game, in addition to their color division. These techs cover specific areas of your division’s jobs that you can specialize in. Please remember that this does not mean you can focus solely on these aspects of your duties as a color mage. They are more for identifying how you play and what you are good at, at a glance. (If you want to take a focus from a different division, or you want to focus on something the existing ones don’t cover, send me a message and we’ll get you sorted)

Black Mage Techs:
    Swordsman - focuses on fighting with melee weaponry
    Gunner - focuses on guns and ranged offense
    Demolitionist - focuses on fighting with explosive weaponry

Red Mage Techs:
    Mason - focuses on setting up base camps, bulwarks, fortresses, and whatever buildings are needed
    Archeologist - focuses on the proper collection of fossils and dungeon items
    Medic - focuses on combat support and deploying field machinery

White Mage Techs:
    Craftsman - focuses on the collection of materials and the creation of items and equipment
    Doctor - focuses on providing healing services, food, and keeping other clan members alive
    Engineer - focuses on tech research, building machinery and other machine-focused tasks

Blue Mage Techs:
    Defender - focuses on the defense of personnel in the field, as well as personal survivability
    Pilgrim - focuses on exploring strange new worlds, seeking out new live and new civilizations, and going where no clan member has gone before
    Hunter - focuses the collection and taming of monsters and alien life, with a slight focus on ranged combat
    ~~~~~~

Crews - Because We Need Even More Subgroups

A crew is a group of mages which typically form the core of mission groups. There are many defining features as listed here:
    -One leader who sets up or accepts missions for the crew to undertake. They are usually the person who forms the crew.
    -At least four members, and at least one from each division. These people are usually brought together by things such as friend-groups or a shared timezone.
    -A fitting name, and possibly a unique emblem or a theme song for more established crews.
    -a ‘focus’, or what the crew plans to do in the game.

Other information regarding crews:
    Crews are not to ‘stick to themselves’ and play with nobody else, you will be the base of the missions but that doesn’t mean you are exclusive. When going on missions, additional clan members can join in.
    This is not meant to separate or divide people into groups; you are still free to play with whoever you want.
    Crews go through a similar application process that new members do; present with your name, members, and general focus and any additional information. Unless there is a serious problem you should never be outright declined.
    -You don’t have to join a crew, but for now you can’t join more than two or three. You can only be the leader of one. Crews have an upward limit of 10 people.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  3. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

Forum username: Afterscore
    Age/Gender: 19, Male
    Other Clans: None Currently
    Small Introduction:
    I'm Afterscore, I've been a member of these forums since pretty much day 1 and I was also the Blue Mage Captain of the first Black Mage Clan in Terraria. I've been away from the forums for some time but my excitement for this game has spurred me back into visiting and also I helped suggest Star make this clan :c

The Oath
    Powerful Magi of the heavens, I, Afterscore come from distant lands to lend my aid in your battle against the legions of Chaos.
    I bring to the battlefield powers and talents that will forge a path for the Magi, so we may see hope once more.
    My skills as a Blue Mage will be yours to command, with this sacrifice I shall ensure our cause is never lost.
    Together we will see the Chaos Legions tremble at the might of our combined power and strategy, our victory will certify our dominance amongst the greatest clans.
    When our enemies are faced by monstrous superiority in might and mind, they will know who they are facing. When they come for us our diligent vigilance will hold them at the gates.
    Hear my cry, Wise Ones, and grant unto me the privilege of serving under you from now til forever more.

Afterscore
    Signature required (just put your username here)

4. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Accepted. You want your old position back?

5. Afterscore

ye

yoppyx likes this.
  6. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I dub thee Blue Mage Leader, congratulations.
    You'll have to find a new lieutenant though.

7. Afterscore

We'll have to find new members first silly goose.

What are you anyway? Red Cpt or wat. Does that mean Black and White have leader spots open?

8. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

I suppose I'll be Red Captain. And yeah, those spots are open for now until we assign them.

9. Afterscore

Kk, also, the title of "The Prelude" is slightly off centre when the page loads. Or it might just be me. Idk.

10. Pinkie Pie

Pinkie Pie Cosmic Narwhal

Forum username: Pinkie Pie
    Age/Gender: 18/M
    Other Clans: Bronies Beyond the Stars, Knights of Aura
    Small Introduction: I am best pony.
    The Oath
    Powerful Magi of the heavens, I, Pinkie Pie come from distant lands to lend my aid in your battle against the legions of Chaos.
    My skills as a Black Mage will be yours to command, with this sacrifice I shall ensure our cause is never lost.
    Hear my cry, Wise Ones, and grant unto me the privilege of serving under you from now til forever more.

Pinkie Pie_________

11. Afterscore

Rainbow Dash is only pony.

Roxie Stables and WoxandWarf like this.
  12. Pinkie Pie

You mean that one pony I turned into cupcakes? :badpokerface:

Adallamus and WoxandWarf like this.
  13. Pandora

Pandora Existential Complex

Forum username: Small Lady Pandora
    Age/Gender: 17/F
    Other Clans: Origin, The Original Slime Clan (both now pretty much abandoned)
    Small Introduction: You know me.

The Oath
    Powerful Magi of the heavens, I, Pandora, come from distant lands to lend my aid in your battle against the legions of Chaos.
    My skills as a White Mage will be yours to command, with this sacrifice I shall ensure our cause is never lost.

Small Lady Pandora____________

Pinkie Pie likes this.
  14. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Welcome to the fold, guys.

15. FlameCascade

FlameCascade Subatomic Cosmonaut

Forum username: FlameCascade
    Age/Gender: 14/F
    Other Clans: Previously Origins
    Small Introduction: Uh, hi guys. this is pretty awkward but u_u
    The Oath
    Powerful Magi of the heavens, I, FlameCascade, come from distant lands to lend my aid in your battle against the legions of Chaos.
    My skills as a Blue Mage will be yours to command, with this sacrifice I shall ensure our cause is never lost.

FlameCascade__________

16. mopb3

mopb3 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Forum username: mopb3
    Age/Gender: 15/M
    Other Clans: Origins
    Small Introduction: I'm pretty sure you all know me ^_^ Been lurking around here for a while, and I know all the people who have applied so far, the back story sounds really cool so I thought hey why not apply? And now, here I am.
    The Oath
    Powerful Magi of the heavens, I, come from distant lands to lend my aid in your battle against the legions of Chaos.
    My skills as a White Mage will be yours to command, with this sacrifice I shall ensure our cause is never lost.

Mopb3

Small Lady Pandora likes this.
  17. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Moppi confirmed, Flame has to wait for word from Afterscore, who I believe went to bed.

18. Pinkie Pie

I should totes be Black Leader. *nudge nudge wink wink*

WoxandWarf likes this.
  19. Daitenshi

Daitenshi Giant Laser Beams

THIS IS THAT NEW! Awwh Star! It's been so long!:love:

Forum username: Daitenshi
    Age/Gender: 20 / F
    Other Clans: -none-
    Small Introduction: I'm sure you guys know me! i've been inactive for some time but with the ever impending release of... things. I'll be more active. I love support. Playing Healers in game is always my thing! Wouldn't mind heading up some Red Magi if I'm guessing their role correctly.
    The Oath
    Powerful Magi of the heavens, I, Daitenshi come from distant lands to lend my aid in your battle against the legions of Chaos.
    My skills as a Red Mage will be yours to command, with this sacrifice I shall ensure our cause is never lost.

Signed This Day,

Daitenshi

20. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Accepted. It's great to see you as well, it has been too long.