1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Villhelm

Villhelm Phantasmal Quasar

It probably became the new Human capital or at least a powerfull millitary base unless it was attacked by the TM

The Squid and MysticMalevolence like this.
  2. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Speaking of the Tentacle Monster, has anybody heard anything about the Tentacomet? Is that still in the game? I know there's a statue of it on the outpost gate, but I was wondering if it was removed.[DOUBLEPOST=1422931685][/DOUBLEPOST]
    There was a war on Mars? Man, I know nothing about the Humans.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2015
  3. Frost Spectre

Frost Spectre Big Damn Hero

And fungi most of the time form symbiotic relationship with plants.
    Well, in the end, the menace depends on future development...

Are they gonna spread like Orks in Warhammer 40k, as quite brutal and aggressive funginoids(?)...

4. RussellRussell

RussellRussell Space Spelunker

I have finished repairing my ship's engines, and I have heard tales of these "Agarans."
    Apparently, they massacred my hylotl brethren a year ago. I will spread the light of "peace" on these poor, uneducated savages.
    Once I find my pants, that is...

EDIT: Could this maybe be a new mushroom type that won't be released yet?
    http://starbounder.org/Evil_Mushroom_Hat

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  5. Leatherneck

Leatherneck Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm sorry, but your quest reward is in anoth- *BANG*

Actually, I wonder what their spaceships would look like if they were a playable race. That or a cultist ship. D:

The Squid likes this.
  6. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

That's fine, humans are boring anyways :lickitung:

7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

A giant mushroom with rockets strapped to it. I don't know about the cultists though.

8. Leatherneck

I'd think the Agaran's might have a more spore-like (aka spherical, not the game) looking ship. Perhaps even more organic looking than the Florans?

As for the Cultists, I'd expect lots of spikes, and stuff. At the least something that looks a tad bit more nefarious.

The Squid likes this.
  9. RussellRussell

RussellRussell Space Spelunker

I think the Agaran ship would be a normal ship, maybe human/hylotl that has been infected by mushroom spores... Because isn't that how they reproduce and infect the Apex buildings in the first place?
    And maybe the cultist ship would have Heck Altars... :D

10. engiSonic

engiSonic Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    That's not a tier one human broadsword!

11. sTURMIR

sTURMIR Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I vote for food.
    Simple recipe for you all:

Take One Agaran, and using a knife, carefully cut the critter in twain. He'll squirm. A lot. Hitting it's face with an axe is a good way to stop the struggle. Removing the cap and flipping it upside down you take garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, some olive oil, and your favourite cheese and stuff the cap. Lightly cover a baking sheet with olive oil and pre-heat the oven to 375, bake the Agaran stem side down for 22-26 minutes, depending on the Agaran. (you can tell when the cap starts to brown.) - There you go. The perfect Stuffed Agaran.

Luckily I've had no shortages of this wonderful delicacy.

The Squid likes this.
  12. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

I've found some stuff while using the /admin command:Fungal pods and massive fungals,along with the apex pods.But...I've also found "open fungal pods",and bio shroom table(?).The table looks like a shroom table,but all green.The pods look like fungals pods,but they have a cut in the middle.Also,i will post screenshots soon(Steam works again!)
    EDIT:Found another thing-Antidote.It's description is "protect your body from poisons"

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=387502085 (Link to screenshot)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  13. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

What, ho hum? I think that's just an expression people use.

Captain Kane, Zebe and Villhelm like this.
  14. Program_024

Program_024 Title Not Found

I was under the impression that it was "Hal Hoom" or something like that...

15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Hal Hoom is an Agaran greeting, I believe.

16. Leatherneck

What? Hail Hydra? These Agarans have some strong allies, so perhaps we should just kill them now. :viking:

Captain Kane and The Squid like this.
  17. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

Did some screenshots of the new Agarans and their houses,and found a glitch village(A friendly one)near.If anyone wanted to see them,here are the coordinates: x:-892785804 y:453597324.The star type is eccentric,and the name is beta joson minoris,and the planet is beta joson minoris v B.For the screenshots,just search them on my steam account
    Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198120785036/screenshots/
    EDIT:
    If you find an avian temple,go the other way and you will find the agarans.RE-EDIT:The agaran are EVERYWHERE!EVERYWHERE!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  18. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Agaran vilages seem to be spread l over the planeet they're on, with small patches of wilderness in between.

19. GET FUNKED

GET FUNKED Poptop Tamer

Thoughts:

This is a lead up to an Agaran boss of some kind, maybe a hive in the shape of a giant mushroom, or perhaps an underground colony, much like the 'Floran Party' incident. Or maybe they are just trolling us all. Who knows.

The Squid likes this.
  20. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

An Agaran mission would be pretty cool. Maybe the giant fungal pod would come into play.

GET FUNKED likes this.