1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. tyaldan

tyaldan Aquatic Astronaut

So I think the agarans are growing into something truly menacing. Their language seems a bit better as one was talking about me being a flappy, and mentioned kleux, but more importantly i found a house in an agaran VILLAGE with actual GUARDS around it. They are growing smarter, and im not sure if its for the greater good. Truly menacing. And the building is mushrooms.

2. cyrus1254

cyrus1254 Space Spelunker

My main question is; how the fuck do they get to other planets? Do spores somehow travel millions of miles to different planets? Judging by the primitive nature it's really unlikely they have spaceships. They could be like the Florans though, and steal other species spaceships.

3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

We've known about them having gaurds for awhile, but when it mentioned Kluex were you in stable or unstable/nightly?

4. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

They mentioned Kluex in unstable and (old) stable.

I tried translating it, it ended up something like "Kluex is not a brave cook!"

5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Ah. Maybe he was afraid to make omelets because he might've been eating his children. Also, I heard them talking about the tentacle beast. And Big Ape, who they called 'Giant Hairthing'. It seems that they know a great deal about the other races.

6. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

While inspecting everything in the outpost with my new Floran,i found something pretty interesing(Other that some nice and gentle hylotls):When examining the screen on the first floor(While it's switched ON)i got the message "floran think this sssay:Haloom kissface plant.Ssshudder.Unfortunately,i can't post screenshots of it because steam close the game everytime i try to make a screeenshot in starbound.I will edit later if i find any more thing in the outpost.

7. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Hey look, new stuff!
    I would like to award you with the "Discovering-New-Stuff-First-After-the-Stable-Update" award.
    Or, if someone else already found this new thing and posted about it, you at least the "Telling-Type1Ninja-New-Stuff-First-After-the-Stable-Update" award.
    Congratulations. :D

Could it be a subtle message from the devs that they haven' forgotten us? :eek:
    Also, could somebody with working screenshot functionality find and post this? I'm too lazy...

Casmyr, HI-MAX² and The Squid like this.
  8. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

On the second planet I went to since the new stable update I found an Agaran village. I wil attempt to research and study their culture as well as I can. And when I'm done, I'm gonna kill them all and try to get new hats.
    Also, two things I noticed are how a) they have the same pottery as the Avians and b) there are a few 'new' looking Agarans with shiny, flat heads. I'll post some pictures later.

HI-MAX² likes this.
  9. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yay! We have not been forgotten (maybe)! :D

HI-MAX² and The Squid like this.
  10. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Yaay! Maybe the Agarans will play an important role in the game after all!

HI-MAX² likes this.
  11. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

SHINY NEW HEADS?!
    upload_2015-1-29_22-16-19.png upload_2015-1-29_22-16-26.png upload_2015-1-29_22-16-31.png upload_2015-1-29_22-16-36.png
    Magical!

RIP Habbasquish the stinkhorn agaran, you will be missed...

Zebe, HI-MAX² and The Squid like this.
  12. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

HI-MAX² likes this.
  13. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

And all of the parents died, because I'm not seeing any old Agarans in the files...

The Squid likes this.
  14. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Aaw. I had a good Agaran friend. Also I feel bad for slaughtering all of those poor little children and then stealing their heads.

15. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

THEY NEEDED TO BE PUNISHED, THEY WERE BEING NAUGHTY

The Squid likes this.
  16. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Sounds pretty fair to me. If you misbehave, I take you head and wear it.

17. Casmyr

Casmyr Big Damn Hero

Can we get some Coords or biome? I've been hunting desperately for Agaran -anything- and have found none since before I went Nightly.

18. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

The agaran camps (all pods, big pots with florans, the fountain things, etc. Everything that isn't a part of Agaran villages) have been removed. That happened somewhere in September-October. I don't know if anyone has noticed this before, I just found out.

I haven't really checked any Agaran stuff after it (seemingly?) died off. But there is more to it surely. I hope.

Does this mean that all of the pods hatched and now we have a colorful generation of shroomies instead?

Anyway, we only need pink and black version to make a horribly twisted version of Power Rangers out of Agarans. Truly menacing.

19. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

So there just aren't anymore Agaran pods anymore? Wow. I wonder what hatched out of the giant ones.

20. Divoratore

Divoratore Void-Bound Voyager

No more pods?Awww.I loved to decorate with them.Anyway,i wonder if we are searching the wrong place-What if they moved everything underground?In a mining trip i had,i remember finding an underground giant mushroom,with a bunker of some sort that,then,i raided:It had the same items the outpost has.Maybe people started to survive underground,but then agarans came down there and did...something.

The Squid and Casmyr like this.