1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

That would be great. Help them figure out what the crap they are... With the help of the famed Agaran researchers, [Insert Our Names]!

The Squid and Cloudhopper like this.
  2. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

It would probably help if Charlton still existed, and by extension The Starbound Chronicle which hasn't had a single update since May =/

3. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE

It doesn't feel good that 130 pages worth of discussion is abandoned like that. I mean I made my megapost 13 pages ago! Agaran Menace can't end like this! ;_;
    I begin to feel like that the whole Agaran Menace was something to "keep the fans entertained" while the game was worked on, before nightlies.

Christovski likes this.
  4. Type1Ninja

I think they started it with the intention of keeping it alive, but as other stuff came up, it received less and less attention.

And now, this. :(

5. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

This is my assumption, that those who worked on the Chronicle are now focusing their attention to updating the game and posting on the blog to keep people appeased until the BIG 1.0

6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Well hey, if anybody's seen the latest blog post theres a mushroom in it...
    Then again, there are lots of mushrooms in Starbound.

7. Sybalus

Sybalus Guest

I came across these during a bout of tech hunting. It could be that who we once thought simplistic have adopted the ideologies of Big Ape.

AgaranProles.png

The Squid likes this.
  8. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I've seen these too. I've also seen a less common Apex structure in which several Apex in wheechairs where battling some Agarans around a pool of poison. The building was filled with flower beds. Also, in some structures, they have a poster spreading Big Ape propoganda, however it's scribbled on. Either the Agarans are obsessed with Apex, or they're just wierd mutations of them.[DOUBLEPOST=1415933179][/DOUBLEPOST]"Teenage Mutant Ninja Mushrooms":lolwut:

9. dspiels

dspiels Void-Bound Voyager

Sssstab mushroom man! They bad. Floran kill before they reproduce. Though, they help prepare Apex for dinner... Num num!

10. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

this is the thing I mentioned before.

Attached Files:

11. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

This has been found before, but either way, it proves the Agaran's care for lobotomized wheelchair apes.

The Squid likes this.
  12. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

It's an Agaran nursing home. Actually, I think the wheelchair guys were trying to kill the Agaran. But they try to kill everyone.

13. Type1Ninja

We have proved that apes and wheelchairs do not go well together.

Congratulations, mushroom thread. :p

SirKaldar and The Squid like this.
  14. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

What if Agarans make wheelchairs? DUN DUN DUUN!

15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Or wheelchairs make Agarans?! The plot thickens...

SirKaldar, Owl_Stalker and Zebe like this.
  16. EpsilonRho

EpsilonRho Void-Bound Voyager

Warm butter on the toast of the universe?

SirKaldar and MysticMalevolence like this.
  17. dspiels

Floran ssstab mushroom man! Torture floran with lava and water. Turn us into oaken warriorssss. Force usss dry sssap. Help the floranssss....

18. Blitz of Wrath

Blitz of Wrath Space Hobo

Purge the mushrooms! Save the Florans!

SirKaldar likes this.
  19. dspiels

Yessss! Floran owessss Blitz for help! Smmmooke weed everyday!

20. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

OK, I return with one of my genius theories.

The theory is that G1 Agarans do not reproduce via using dead people, while G2 Agarans do. The two G2 heads are made from using the corpse of their own respective race (ex. Red Head was previously Floran, Blue Head was previously Avian). I'm going to guess that the red heads are Florans from Razey's tweet, showing the hatching pod. The thing coming out of it had a red head. Blue probably comes from the notorious magic-mushroom-smoking avains.