1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

... Whatever liquid you use to pickle for eating store the brain in for later use, make sure it glows. Glow-y stuff is better.
    Also, check out the new sig. :3

2. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Asks for evidence then makes stuff up in their own post... SEEMS LEGIT

3. Bagel

Bagel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Meh, the Hylotl pretty much deserve anything bad that happens to them. That's what you get when you have a huge, pompous ego with a dash of megalomania. That's coming from a human. As for the Floran prisoners and sacrifices? No idea. They could be murderous Florans, or they could be innocents. Maybe equal parts? Anyway, as a human they have never wronged me.

4. Casmyr

Casmyr Big Damn Hero

Oooh! Did you get one of their spine adjusting nap tables times too?! You wake up feeling so refreshed like you are lighter.

-Actual Agaran talk-

So was playing with friend last night, she is an intrepid glitch and found I used the neighbors house as a lab... (she made me take it down!) Granted, she took a look at some of the pods and shrooms and questioned me about Jeremy...he is sleeping. No on point! The glitch marked the mushrooms as well hidden Agaran whereas Hylotl eyes initially thought them to be Floran. Like, the white stalk red caps, I'll post screenies our next sit down..ooh she got peanut butter!

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  5. Bagel

Bagel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Are you insinuating that they genetically modify humans into Agarans?

Casmyr likes this.
  6. Casmyr

Casmyr Big Damn Hero

Nono, but they get real excited when they see a Hylotl eat bacon. They asked if I was thirsty and gave me something really yummy, and let me nap on a nice flat bed.

7. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

If you could stop making stuff up in a thread for actual debate on Agarans, that would be great.

Lecic, Cloudhopper and beari78 like this.
  8. Tragediya

Tragediya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Regardless My Hyltol is going to murder each and every one he comes across.

9. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Could different Agaran cap indicate different species of victims? Or maybe there's more than one species of fungus that can create agarans?

10. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

That is a great observation. But if it's true, that means that there's another race that cannot be Agaranized. (This is probable the glitch.)

Casmyr likes this.
  11. Lecic

Lecic Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The most obvious choice for the first two types (Green Puffcaps and Stinkhorns) is Florans being one of them. However, what would the second one be? Perhaps Hylotl? They seem to be the first race the Agarans have been visibly hostile to. Perhaps the bodies of doomed Hylotl Missionaries became a new subset of Agaran?

12. Tragediya

Or they just have different caps cause of genetics and they merely want to conquer the galaxy because evil?

Cloudhopper likes this.
  13. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Because evil? How does that work?!

beari78 likes this.
  14. Tragediya

They're mushrooms...mushrooms are pretty evil right? I mean...they grow on dead things...wait....ZOMG THEYRE THE ZOMBIES OF STARBOUND.

Some kind of, collective that formed after a long battle had finally ended. A rogue fungus found a host and transformed the bodies into carriers. They now roam the galaxy hunting for bodies to maintain their steady supply of food. Battle after battle, they hitch hike on rogue vessels that flee the planets they thrive on. They merely survive on the instinct to feed.

15. beari78

beari78 Guest

I like Mushrooms... :c

16. megatiger78

megatiger78 Void-Bound Voyager

they like you to............ for food......

17. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Oh yeah? Well I like THEM for food! :badpokerface:

True story, though. Mushrooms in scrambled eggs? Delicious. Mushrooms on pizza? Awesome. Stuffed 'shrooms? You betcha.

MysticMalevolence likes this.
  18. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

They smell fancy.

19. Lintton

Lintton Guest

From the redundancy department of redundancy: Agaran Cordycep Zombies, from the hit game "The Star-bound of Us"

Casmyr likes this.
  20. Casmyr

Casmyr Big Damn Hero

I do rather hope in the scenario of Starbound-Space-Zombies, they are more like Cordycep rather then like The Flood from Halo or Orks from 40k...Cordycep Zeds at least do not grow to humongous size with age.