1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Community The Agaran Menace

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Razey, Jan 30, 2014.

?

The Agarans: Menace or Misunderstood?

1. Menace

414 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. Misunderstood

333 vote(s)
    12.4%
  3. Mushrooms

623 vote(s)
    23.2%
  4. Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood Mushrooms

1,319 vote(s)
    49.1%
  1. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

VS.

[​IMG]

InsanityPixelated likes this.
  2. Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Welp there go the rails. We are completely off them.

The insanity

THE INSANITY

Zebe likes this.
  3. InsanityPixelated

InsanityPixelated Existential Complex

The winner is obvious. Horse AI will always stay in my heart.

You called?

Zebe likes this.
  4. Zebe

Zebe Space Kumquat

We must bring the one who did this to justice. Who did necro the virtually dead thread and derail it now? I think we should call the mods...

...oh wait.

5. ArchieTheMuffin

ArchieTheMuffin Tentacle Wrangler

6. beari78

beari78 Guest

Oh crap. What have I missed with Curse? Last I heard, a YouTuber I liked made 90% of what they uploaded with it. As in 90% of cash. Then the group as a whole appeared to have stopped supporting them. So just what happened?

7. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

TL;DR Curse is a shitty company with bad business practices and no respect for independent developers.
    In the interest of keeping this thread readable, can we keep on-topic from now on? I understand that there's not been any new Agaran content recently, but I think you could still infer some interesting (unmentioned) conclusions from the material released so far. :)

8. InsanityPixelated

InsanityPixelated Existential Complex

Okay then.
    The Agarans are just

Malevolent, Menacing, Misunderstood (Harmless) Mushrooms.
    Mostly Harmless, at least.

Done. Thread summarized.

(I'll try to keep it on topic from now on, don't worry)

SirKaldar, Cloudhopper and beari78 like this.
  9. Spacebeard the Pirate

Spacebeard the Pirate Void-Bound Voyager

Explain t' me how they be harmless? I once found th' tryin' t' roast a Floran in some kind o' lava fueled oven! Granted a couple o' shots from me blunderbuss an' they's 'ere a gooey stain on th' poop deck, but still.

10. SirRalphy

SirRalphy Void-Bound Voyager

I actually found them for the first time and saw they had destroyed an Apex facility. Will look around for them and upload some pictures. These guys are super shady.

11. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

We have discussed this for a long time. No need for any more pictures (unles you find something new ofcource).

I have a realy bad feeling about the Agarans. It's been far too quiet for far to long.

12. Dragcun

Dragcun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Indeed....normally I try to leave them be but some members of their race are continuously (like what was mentioned about) trying to cook other races in large lava ovens, trying to drown/make a soup of the other races, and destroying the Apex facilities, though in some cases it does seem like the Apex may be experimenting with the Agarans as well so maybe the destroyed facilities was a act of revenge or a experiment gone out of control? Ether way if they got another race captive or something kill them I say....something just aint right with them.

13. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

To be fair, should we be suspicious about the agarans because they appear to be cooking other races (florans)? I mean, we did have that whole thread about which race tastes the best...

SirKaldar and Owl_Stalker like this.
  14. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Another interesting theory that I dont think weve covered is that the agarans are taking revenge on the apex and the florans. We know that Big Ape and Greenfinger were involved in some sort of lab incident, which may be that an agaran was harmed. Or, the agarans have apex and floran DNA. This would explain their hatred of the hylotls, hostility to other races, and their intellect. However this is just a theory and it contains many flaws.

15. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

I just realized something: in the floran intfoduction, it says something about oaken soldiers. In the hylotl thing, it mentions the smell of sap and oak. Knowing the agrans and the florans having some sort of strange relationship, this leads me to bbelieve that the floran introduction was reffering to the agarans. maybe the oak smell is some kind of hallucinogen or other mind altering drug that the agarans use to trick and kill their prey.

demanrisu likes this.
  16. Dragcun

Dragcun Subatomic Cosmonaut

Indeed the theory has many flaws but it also has some weight to it. More and more I am finding Agarans seemingly popping up in basements under Apex buildings, and there is also that strange item you find that is a Apex seemingly fused with a plant pod of some kind. So it does seem at least possible the Agarans are a experiment of some kind or frankly just ticked off at the Apex and Florans about something. But what I really am curious about is the giant pods the Agarans seem to guard on some planets. Wish I had a picture of one but hopefully you all know what I'm talking about, those giant pods with plantstone covering a small pool of water and normally guarded by 2-4 Agarans. I only know when my Glitch looks at it he says 'It appears something is ready to come out' or something along those lines.

The Squid likes this.
  17. beari78

beari78 Guest

Well. I'm surprised we've kept it going this long. My following of the thread broke, so can anyone fill me in on what I've missed?

18. Stroodle

Stroodle Phantasmal Quasar

Just jump on their heads, that normally works with mushrooms.

Especially if you happen to be a plumber.

19. Spacebeard the Pirate

Spacebeard the Pirate Void-Bound Voyager

I would give you two likes if I could. One for your post and one for your avatar.

Stroodle likes this.
  20. Stroodle

Stroodle Phantasmal Quasar

Aw, you're making me blush :oops::p