1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

That feeling as you dig while listening to the beautiful music. What do you love about Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Zaelox, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Zaelox

Zaelox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just wanted to make a thread about not only what I find is beautiful music, but also what we love about Starbound in general.

I felt we needed more positive threads as there is a saturation of negative threads regarding this wonderful game. Let's base this community off of positives rather than negatives*, let's show our support for the devs and eachother!

I find this game to reduce stress quite a bit, and with the weather outside becoming more and more inhospitable there is nothing like exploring space with a cup of hot cocoa (or whatever you prefer) and listening to them smooth tunes. Anyway, thanks Chucklefish for creating such a relaxing and enjoyable experience, I look forward to the continued development!

(I know I am horrible at this, but being the holiday season I wanted to create a thread dedicated to joy. Anyhoo, please forgive the poor writing and general disorganized manner of this post)

* Not bashing the constructive criticism and feedback given by my fellow community members, because that is a huge part of early access, I am talking about the OTHER threads haha.

Yzzey, Serenity, Starbug and 2 others like this.
  2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

A holiday I am doomed never to forget...lol

Reason I say that is due to fact my B-day occasionally lands on it. Hence the never to forget. Despite all that I am actually thankful for it, since the main thing I ever want for my B-day is to be with my family & friends when possible. Don't care if there are gifts for me, but it is nice when there are; not required.

Anyway as to the other topic, or should I say the actual topic & question set forth. What I like about starbound might be similar to what I say of other games, but I enjoy the building aspect. I like matching up and figuring out what will look nice next to what or even what furniture will be nice within what was built.

Beyond that maybe just having a look around the local planet, especially if there are those koalas.... To seek out a planet I lost long ago. Well I find it somewhat fun to be on the search for a planet I had a long time ago. Probably will continue the search once the next update comes out. Something as I have mentioned am quite patient for.

So I have goals I set myself and the freedom eventually to execute those goals. When continually keep doing them, as the primary one is to Build a Universe, and that work will probably not ever be done in a life time, but keeps me entertained none the less.:)

Zaelox likes this.
  3. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

• USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST. Reason: Being A Jerk. Expires: 2 Months
    "I felt we needed more positive threads as there is a saturation of negative threads" LOL seriously?!
    That feeling as you dig (wow we are digging) while listening to the beautiful music. What do you love about Starbound? Actually nothing....I'd like to love a stable update so I (we) can play and report bugs and other things....

Pingeh likes this.
  4. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

Really living up to your name there buddy

Zaelox and Serenity like this.
  5. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Floran love how he can make house for stranger.

Stranger sell me things? I make you a house.
    Stranger stabs me? I make you a house.
    Stranger shoots me? I make you a house.

Floran sometimes forget to make doors.

Tamorr, Zaelox and Sh0elace like this.
  6. Sh0elace

Sh0elace Phantasmal Quasar

I haven't played Starbound in a while because I have been putting it off so I can enjoy it when it is complete but when I first played when it was released I didn't yet know that Hylotl cities and villages had not yet been added so my primary goal back then was to explore the galaxy in search of my fellow Hylotls.:hylotl:<3

Tamorr likes this.
  7. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

I loved the music, the atmosphere, the beautiful environment of a planet. The colorful fish, the cute, and awesome wildlife, and the birds, flying peacef-OH GOD. THE BIRDS. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE WHAT THE FUCK THAT ONE BREATHES FIRE.
    *sounds of pain and suffering*

ShinyPants, Tamorr and Zaelox like this.
  8. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

I loved the part were I was digging and there was no music because I was underground.

T'was the best part.

tery215 likes this.
  9. Zaelox

Zaelox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is not what this thread is about. Take your negativity elsewhere please.[DOUBLEPOST=1417149785][/DOUBLEPOST]Just want to thank everyone...well... almost everyone, for the great replies!! You have brought up such great points about the game and it makes me all the more excited for when it officially releases.

I hope you are all enjoying your day and happy birthday to Tamorr!!

Darklight and Tamorr like this.